PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with those plus the 13.5 mill would be 48 million in space take what 5 million out for draft picks.

David has to be brought back he’s the number one priority his market value is 12.7 let’s say he accepts 12.5. Now give AB/Gronk 3 and 4 million respectively and Succop 3.5 million you’d be left with 20 million to split with Godwin/Barrett if Godwin is raged that’s 4 million left and you’d not be able to get a capable pass rusher and this would be with Suh leaving unless he’s playing for half of what he got last year.

They should look to replace Barrett with Carl Lawson his market value is 8.8 million or Leanord Floyd is market value is 13.5 million.

They have more than 13.5 according to spotrac. Don’t know where over the cap is getting that number.

This list makes me think the NFL might be a money laundering organization.

These guys are paid QB money and I don’t know if one of them moves the W/L needle. Maybe just Mack. They don’t even correlate much with a team’s overall defensive points allowed.

Imagine if a team had a backup QB on the payroll for $20M? Well Dee Ford and Trey Flowers have a similar roster effect...level of play can be replaced for about $5M

Patriots won so many offseasons by avoiding this like the plague...other teams can fck themselves over with this crap. I’d take Vita Vea, Stephon Gilmore, and a bunch of other guys who get paid less, create sacks, but don’t get sacks.

View attachment 30742

Not sure how some of those owners sleep at night paying that kind of cash for players that aren't helping produce wins

Yeah it didn't get the job done due to injuries.

Lost Roosevelt Colvin which caused AD to play more OLB and forced to Seau and Teddy to play more reps which caused them to not be as a fresh, and biggest thing is it allowed Pierre Woods on the field in the Superbowl.

Also, Brady was playing on a nasty high ankle sprain that he suffered during AFC championship game.

During the first half of the Superbowl they lost both Kevin Faulk which killed Brady's signature outlet pass out of the backfield and Stephen Neal which allowed the Giants to abuse the right side of the Oline.

I don't disagree. But again I don't see the point arguing with other fanbases about how good the 07 offense was. It didn't get it done. It would be like arguing how awesome the 2017 Patriots team was. Except we benched Butler our best corner and lost. A lot of other better Patriot teams to celebrate other than 07.

Honestly the 2010 Patriots look more amazing if you think about it.

How does an offense that consists of a gimpy Wes Welker, a mid-season WR acquisition that never had 1000 yards in a season, 2 rookie TEs, and Ben-Jarvus Green Ellis completely blow away every offense in history(save 2007 Patriots)?o_O

Good job by Bill O'Brien. Both 2010 and 2011 seasons. At least regular season . We never had a chance with Dean Pees at DC and corners so far off the line.

The 2010 team went 14-2 in large part because the defense racked up an absolutely absurd amount of turnovers. That way of winning always comes back to hurt you in the playoffs as we then saw.

The 2010 team went 14-2 in large part because the defense racked up an absolutely absurd amount of turnovers. That way of winning always comes back to hurt you in the playoffs as we then saw.
Ehh...

What hurt them in the playoffs was a first quarter that featured the Patriots moving the ball at will, then pissing away points because of a dropped pass in the end zone and a pick on a screen pass.

Ehh...

What hurt them in the playoffs was a first quarter that featured the Patriots moving the ball at will, then pissing away points because of a dropped pass in the end zone and a pick on a screen pass.
Bill benching Welker over the foot joke was also ridiculous and set the poor tone for the game.

Huh? Brady was unanimous league MVP that year and set the record for most pass attempts without a pick.

Bill benching Welker over the foot joke was also ridiculous and set the poor tone for the game.
Sure, and I'm not saying it didn't have impact, but that's only remembered because Brady and Crumpler screwed up. If those two things don't happen, the Patriots are almost certainly coming out of the first quarter with an extra 11 points (a/k/a a 14-0 lead), and complete control of the game against a team they'd absolutely pasted in their last meeting.

I don't disagree. But again I don't see the point arguing with other fanbases about how good the 07 offense was. It didn't get it done. It would be like arguing how awesome the 2017 Patriots team was. Except we benched Butler our best corner and lost. A lot of other better Patriot teams to celebrate other than 07.
Other fanbases? Your not a patriot fan?

The 07 team destroyed every playoff team during the regular sans the Giants and Ravens. There were about 6 games where Brady was benched in the middle of the 3rd qtr or beginning of the 4th and people were complaining they were running up the score.

No other patriot team was that dominant and when healthy that team was the best.

Now if you enjoyed other pats teams more, than you have every right to, but you can't ignore how great that team was.

Other fanbases? Your not a patriot fan?

The 07 team destroyed every playoff team during the regular sans the Giants and Ravens. There were about 6 games where Brady was benched in the middle of the 3rd qtr or beginning of the 4th and people were complaining they were running up the score.

No other patriot team was that dominant and when healthy that team was the best.

Now if you enjoyed other pats teams more, than you have every right to, but you can't ignore how great that team was.
The 2007 Patriots were really 2 different teams

Games 1-10: PF- 41.1 PA-15.7
Games 11-19: PF- 27.1 PA -19.5

If you look at Brady and Moss their production also shows a drastic drop over the same number of games. Tom turned into a human and Moss became a WR3.

So the 07 team games 1-10, I agree.

The team 11-19, nope. Several NEP teams would have beaten them.

The 2007 Patriots were really 2 different teams

Games 1-10: PF- 41.1 PA-15.7
Games 11-19: PF- 27.1 PA -19.5

If you look at Brady and Moss their production also shows a drastic drop over the same number of games. Tom turned into a human and Moss became a WR3.

So the 07 team games 1-10, I agree.

The team 11-19, nope. Several NEP teams would have beaten them.
That's interesting because the first 10 games they had Roosevelt Colvin and he went on IR after that.

His injury was huge to the defense, and that defense was super underrated because of the offense.

That's interesting because the first 10 games they had Roosevelt Colvin and he went on IR after that.

His injury was huge to the defense, and that defense was super underrated because of the offense.
Teams also caught on to the offense.

Teams also caught on to the offense.
I think the cold weather was also a factor. Moss didn't have the same speed in the cold.

I do agree that the spread offense caught the league by surprise kind of like the wildcat offense did. So that was definitely a factor

I think the cold weather was also a factor. Moss didn't have the same speed in the cold.

I do agree that the spread offense caught the league by surprise kind of like the wildcat offense did. So that was definitely a factor
Cold, Double teams who knows.

At any rate, Moss disappeared.

1-10- 6.6 catches/gm, 105yds/gm 1.6TDs gm, 71% catch %

11-19 4 catches/gm ,59yds/gm .8TD/gm, 47% catch %

NFL.com says 10 teams has enquired about the status of Wilson. It's interesting that there is so much interest when he is not even available.

Meanwhile, around this time last year. The Goat was available. Vegas and 49rs were tripping over themselves to announce they weren't interested. While others such as Bears, Panthers, Colts, were more interested in other lesser QBs. It's hard to believe that only 2 teams, the Chargers and Buccaneers, were the only truly interested team in acquiring Brady.

Brady gets jilted again. More fuel to drive him.
I read that Wilson doesn't want to leave Seattle but there are 4 teams that he'd agree to go to, Dallas, Las Vegas, New Orleans and Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes