PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teams also caught on to the offense.
The Giants said that the team that showed them the blueprint to try and slow down the 2007 Pats wasn't the Eagles or Ravens even though those games were close. It was the Browns game - courtesy of Romeo Crennel's defense. :( The Giants just executed it better.

The Giants said that the team that showed them the blueprint to try and slow down the 2007 Pats wasn't the Eagles or Ravens even though those games were close. It was the Browns game - courtesy of Romeo Crennel's defense. :( The Giants just executed it better.
I believe it.

The ohio jinx! Figures

Cold, Double teams who knows.

At any rate, Moss disappeared.

1-10- 6.6 catches/gm, 105yds/gm 1.6TDs gm, 71% catch %

11-19 4 catches/gm ,59yds/gm .8TD/gm, 47% catch %
Related...

Guy in my FF league that year had both Brady and Moss. Went undefeated during the regular season. First playoff game was when the Pats hosted the Jets. One-and-done after Brady's worst statistical game of the season and no TD passes to Moss (or anyone).

Regards,
Chris

Related...

Guy in my FF league that year had both Brady and Moss. Went undefeated during the regular season. First playoff game was when the Pats hosted the Jets. One-and-done after Brady's worst statistical game of the season and no TD passes to Moss (or anyone).

Regards,
Chris
I took a quick look at Tom's stats 11-19 and they were not pretty. 280yds gm, 60% comp 18/6 Td/int QB Rating around 90. Good but a crazy drop-off Max Kellerman would have drooled over.

If we had won one of those matchups against the giants in the super bowl eli manning probably wouldn’t get any hall of fame consideration. He’s not a hall of famer but he will get in based on that.

If we had won one of those matchups against the giants in the super bowl eli manning probably wouldn’t get any hall of fame consideration. He’s not a hall of famer but he will get in based on that.
I hate Eli, and I agree he is not a HOF QB, but he made the most of his opportunities, so he will enter because of that.

What are your guesses on a Tom Brady extension? Yes or no. If an extension, 1 or 2 years?

My guess is 2 year extension to 2023.
2022 will be $20 million guarantee plus the same 5 million incentives.
2023 will be 15 million, plus 5 million incentives, not guaranteed.

He'll take a lower salary due to his age and to help the team with the cap. Bonuses will lower the 2021 and 2022 cap and move it to 2023.
2023 is non guaranteed as he might be showing decline by then and /or he just wants to retire hopefully as a SB champ.

What are your guesses on a Tom Brady extension? Yes or no. If an extension, 1 or 2 years?

My guess is 2 year extension to 2023.
2022 will be $20 million guarantee plus the same 5 million incentives.
2023 will be 15 million, plus 5 million incentives, not guaranteed.

He'll take a lower salary due to his age and to help the team with the cap. Bonuses will lower the 2021 and 2022 cap and move it to 2023.
2023 is non guaranteed as he might be showing decline by then and /or he just wants to retire hopefully as a SB champ.

Yeah, you look at these potential moves and you can see how the team could bring everyone back, especially if a few of the guys are willing to take a little bit less than market value. The closest thing to a stumbling block won't change until the Godwin/Barrett pair is worked out.

From the sounds of things, the team seems more inclined to slap the tag on Godwin, which would seem to indicate either that the team is more confident that it can work out a deal with Barrett, that Tom is really, really pimping the hell out of Godwin, or that the team thinks Barrett can be more easily replaced.

Yeah, you look at these potential moves and you can see how the team could bring everyone back, especially if a few of the guys are willing to take a little bit less than market value. The closest thing to a stumbling block won't change until the Godwin/Barrett pair is worked out.

From the sounds of things, the team seems more inclined to slap the tag on Godwin, which would seem to indicate either that the team is more confident that it can work out a deal with Barrett, that Tom is really, really pimping the hell out of Godwin, or that the team thinks Barrett can be more easily replaced.

I would let barrett walk if he’s asking for 17 million dollars. Sign godwin and david. I would look at vernon who had one of best years with the giants as a 3-4 OLB.

I would let barrett walk if he’s asking for 17 million dollars. Sign godwin and david. I would look at vernon who had one of best years with the giants as a 3-4 OLB.
Well, of their top 6 "FA" players, I've got Barrett #4 on the priority list, behind Godwin, David and Gronk. So I would say that, if I were the Bucs, and if Barrett's deal is what holds up the line, I'd be onboard with the notion of moving on from him.

I'd consider him a high priority, but as much in the "we need to know" category as in the "we need to keep" category. Given what could spring free this year, and what the team may be targeting in the draft, I'm not sure Barrett's a more important re-sign than Suh. I don't know enough about the inner workings of that team to be sure.

I'd be surprised if Brady asks for that much. He wants the number of years over the money. Plus at 45/46, he's going to want the best protection and weapons that money can buy.

For us coming from a NE perspective, Barrett is just too expensive and it's better to let him get his 20 mil average somewhere else. A lot of his production is the result of playing with Vea Suh, and JJP.

But over at the Bucs fan sites, they are absolutely in love with him and want him back at any cost.

I personally think they can get someone else at half the cost and probably should get another guy from the draft.

The Bucs literally don’t give a sh.it if in 3 years the team is a wreck. It’s time to go all in. And they’re right to do it.

I mean the cap went down this year but i expect it to be back in the 200 million range next year. That tv deal with disney might boost up the cap somewhat this season. It could be 185 or more just to help teams in dire straights. The thing about the nfc is that it’s pretty much a couple of legit contenders but that’s about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes