PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of me does wonder what that team would have looked like with Brady, Gronkowski, and Brown.

Imagine Brady with that Offensive Line and Payton calling the plays

Thomas (who probably doesn’t get hurt against the Winston Buccaneers)
Sanders
Brown
Gronkowski
Cook
Kamara

Saints fans would have been stuck in a tough spot because Brady with those tools would have made Brees look really bad.

Oh well, instead we get to see Brady go to a team in their division, come in their house in the playoffs to beat them, then beat Rodgers, and Mahomes for his 7th ring.
Yep, he easily win's with the Saints. The team Brady original wanted to go to was the 49ers. Here's what that would've looked like.

RB: Mostert, McKinnon, Coleman
FB: Kyle Juszczyk
WR: Samuel, Aiyuk, Brown, Bourne
TE: Kittle, Gronk, Reed

Shanahan is a great offensive mind, but his arrogance will be his down fall.

Yep, he easily win's with the Saints. The team Brady original wanted to go to was the 49ers. Here's what that would've looked like.

Huh, where did you hear that?

You mean Brady got JG shipped outta NE and then wanted to go to SF to take JG's job away from him? Lmao

Huh, where did you hear that?

You mean Brady got JG shipped outta NE and then wanted to go to SF to take JG's job away from him? Lmao
Yeah I've repeated this story several times throughout the off season and now recently. Tom called up either Shanahan or Lynch and said he wanted to play there. They thought about it and told him they were going to move forward with Jimmy. Lol.

Yeah I've repeated this story several times throughout the off season and now recently. Tom called up either Shanahan or Lynch and said he wanted to play there. They thought about it and told him they were going to move forward with Jimmy. Lol.

Ok but that doesn't say that Brady called them, but that they had internal discussions.

I was going to say, there goes Brady's "nice guy" image. Would've been pretty cold of Tom to try to take away Dreamy Jimmy's job. They're supposed to be friends.

Dpuble tight end sets with Gronk/Kittle with Samuel/AB on the outside with a back like Mostert might be unstoppable to stop when Shanahan is the play caller

"He can't throw the deep ball."

PFF must be lying...a handful of eye tests on this very forum have concluded “steep decline, helped out by the best skillz and weaponz in Tampa Bay (good for Tom, but I was still right).”

Quite a few personally combed through game film last year and noted “guys r open on almost every play but he doesn’t wanna throw to rookies cuz his ego and he kwit.”

PFF must be lying...a handful of eye tests on this very forum have concluded “steep decline, helped out by the best skillz and weaponz in Tampa Bay (good for Tom, but I was still right).”

Quite a few personally combed through game film last year and noted “guys r open on almost every play but he doesn’t wanna throw to rookies cuz his ego and he kwit.”
PFF has him with the most accurate deep throws, but I still think we need to get Chris Simms opinion on this matter.

And a certain few Team Bill individuals on this very forum.

Part of me does wonder what that team would have looked like with Brady, Gronkowski, and Brown.

Imagine Brady with that Offensive Line and Payton calling the plays

Thomas (who probably doesn’t get hurt against the Winston Buccaneers)
Sanders
Brown
Gronkowski
Cook
Kamara

Saints fans would have been stuck in a tough spot because Brady with those tools would have made Brees look really bad.

Oh well, instead we get to see Brady go to a team in their division, come in their house in the playoffs to beat them, then beat Rodgers, and Mahomes for his 7th ring.
Taysom Hill as well. Whew..weapons..

Yeah, there's a whole lot of people trying to frame the history of this past Bucs season as something that was a practical inevitability, when most of those same people spent the year dismissing the Bucs' chances.

I mean, the team was such an obvious super team that it was the underdog in all but one of its playoff games.

"If they beat the Saints then I'll....."

"Brees is clearly washed up......"

"If they beat the Packers then I really will...."

" Rodgers choked...er... worst coaching decision...uh....the defense bailed Brady out...."

"They are going to get blown out of the Super Bowl...." "Pass the Tourch". "Mahomes may win five in a row".

"God Damnit!!! But did you see that amazing horizontal TD pass/drop? Best incompletion evah!".

A former Squealer defending another former Squealer...No surprise there...Doesn't mean it's undeserved, but still...
Yeah I don't necessarily take this as gospel. We are supposed to believe Brown has changed vs all the past evidence of him being a headcase with steelers, raider, patriots

ESPN did an analytics breakdown of the rookies drafted by each team. Here are 2:

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Why they're ranked here: The Bucs hit home runs with offensive tackle Tristan Wirfs (No. 13 overall) and safety Antoine Winfield Jr. (45th overall). Wirfs put up historically good numbers in pass protection, and Winfield finished the regular season as one of the five most valuable rookies from the 2020 class, per PFF WAR.

How their top pick fared: Wirfs wasn't just the best rookie tackle from the 2020 class; he was among the best we have ever seen in the PFF era. The former Iowa Hawkeye led all right tackles in pass-block grade and finished No. 2 among all rookie right tackles in that metric since 2006 (Marshal Yanda, 2007, is No. 1).

Best value pick: Landing Winfield in the middle of Round 2 is the true definition of getting value. He provided a productive presence as a blitzer in Todd Bowles' defense with nine pressures on 58 rushes -- two of which were strip sacks -- and he was among the best at his position against the run. Winfield finished the regular season with the second-highest run-defense grade at his position.

13. New England Patriots

Why they're ranked here: Bill Belichick found another gem in the sixth round with Michigan offensive lineman Mike Onwenu, who produced the sixth-most PFF WAR of any non-first-round pick this season.

How their top pick fared: Kyle Dugger (No. 37 overall) came into the league facing a steep learning curve out of Division II Lenoir-Rhyne, but the safety held up in his first year at the NFL level against the run. His 73.6 run-defense grade placed him 17th among all safeties this season. He faltered in coverage, though, with a 55.4 grade in that facet (69th of 91). That was the leading factor in him generating negative PFF WAR.

Best value pick: Onwenu might just end up as the biggest steal in the entire 2020 draft when we look back on this class. Onwenu logged over 80 snaps at each of left guard, right guard and right tackle this season, and he performed well at all of them. The sixth-round pick posted a 79.0-plus grade at each of those three alignments. Onwenu excelled at right tackle in particular, despite not logging a snap at tackle in his four years at Michigan. He spent most of his rookie campaign there (616 snaps) and ranked 10th of 39 qualifying right tackles in PFF grade.

The math is a little fuzzy at One Buc Palace.

Below is list of the Bucs’ Big 8 free agents — eight — yet again Bucco Bruce Arians specifically said this week he’s focused on re-signing “5 or 6.”

He told CBS Sports that “five out of six” free agents would set the Bucs up well to repeat. Arians also told the following to WDAE radio: “For us right now, it’s just keeping this team together. And that’s probably going to eat up most of the salary cap if we can just keep or five or six guys that we want to keep on this football team, and keep the closeness and the accountability factor that we have in the locker room.”

The Big 8

Ndamukong Suh
Shaq Barrett
Lavonte David
Ryan Succop
Chris Godwin
Rob Gronkowski
Antonio Brown
Leonard Fournette

Bruce Arians Repeats Claim: "5 Or 6 [Free Agents] We Want To Keep" - JoeBucsFan.com

Suh
Barrett
David
Succop
Godwin
Gronk
AB

Those are the ones I see and AB/Gronk have to be a part of it cause they’ll be at bargain prices. Succop as well since they’d need a kicker and David has to be brought be they can’t replace him and having White/David is crucial. Suh on a one year reasonable deal and has stated he wants to return. I’m guessing it comes down to Barrett and Godwin as well all assumed

Suh
Barrett
David
Succop
Godwin
Gronk
AB

Those are the ones I see and AB/Gronk have to be a part of it cause they’ll be at bargain prices. Succop as well since they’d need a kicker and David has to be brought be they can’t replace him and having White/David is crucial. Suh on a one year reasonable deal and has stated he wants to return. I’m guessing it comes down to Barrett and Godwin as well all assumed
I hope they re-sign Succop. Buccaneers kickers have been shaky and/or just straight bad for a while now. I wasn't holding my breath every single time Succop kicked the ball this year and that's a good feeling.

Quarterbacks tend to improve in the 2nd year of Bruce Arians system. Even more important this time since Brady will have a full off-season.

I'm stoked for next season. Assuming good health, I think we'll see some fireworks.

Home
Saints
Falcons
Panthers
Bears
Cowboys
Giants
Dolphins
Bills

Away
Saints
Falcons
Panthers
Rams
Washington
Eagles
Patriots
Jets

Obviously preseason SOS usually never works out, but at first glance that's a really weak schedule.

Quarterbacks tend to improve in the 2nd year of Bruce Arians system. Even more important this time since Brady will have a full off-season.

I'm stoked for next season. Assuming good health, I think we'll see some fireworks.

Home
Saints
Falcons
Panthers
Bears
Cowboys
Giants
Dolphins
Bills

Away
Saints
Falcons
Panthers
Rams
Washington
Eagles
Patriots
Jets

Obviously preseason SOS usually never works out, but at first glance that's a really weak schedule.

The difference in elite QBs is already apparent.

Mahomes, Rodgers, and Brees (x2) likely to be replaced by Allen, Prescott...I don’t even know who’s next. It may be Stafford. That’s nuts he might be the 3rd most daunting QB on the schedule when last year he might have been #8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back