PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the videos of their GM, coach, and players (not Brady, Gronk), it's clear this team is new to this type of winning. Arians needs to shut up. One super bowl does not make him great and he should be humble because there are a lot of other good teams in the league. The Bucs are the best team headed into the free agency/draft period, but I can see GB, KC, and LAR as well as a few other teams make some noise next year.
Brady is pretty clearly the driving force/motivating factor on that team. If they stay healthy again next season, they’ll ***** slap all three of those teams.

I don't remember what I guessed about the Pats after getting Cam, but it was just depressing how dead his arm was, especially down the stretch.

So weird seeing a big jacked dude just have to throw his entire body into getting the ball to go 10 yards.
It’s like he was throwing a shotput in the Olympics. I’ve never seen that before from an NFL quarterback. Don’t care to see it again.

Give me Godwin. We need weapons Belichick can keep the defense respectable
I think it's going to be tough for Bucs to keep Godwin with all the depth they have at WR. If he signs with the Pats, which would be great, he'll definitely go into shock at the difference in just about everything between the two teams.

Give me Godwin. We need weapons Belichick can keep the defense respectable

Sure, but it’s laughable the writer argues for someone other than Brady if theoretically Brady were a free agent and his past in NE wasn’t a factor. Upgrading a the worst starting QB in the league (Stidham) with the greatest QB ever isn’t the play there...lol

Brady is pretty clearly the driving force/motivating factor on that team. If they stay healthy again next season, they’ll ***** slap all three of those teams.

I agree they are the best team right now. However, I can see GB adding another receiver to help Rodgers out and of course they'll get Bakhtiari back. LAR have a defensive line that is comparable to TB's and can wreak havoc on the best QBs. In the AFC, KC will get their two tackles back and a healthy Mahomes is always dangerous. The point is Arians needs to act like he's been there before. You'd never see BB talk that way after a super bowl.

We were licking our chops!

I think it's going to be tough for Bucs to keep Godwin with all the depth they have at WR. If he signs with the Pats, which would be great, he'll definitely go into shock at the difference in just about everything between the two teams.

Tampa's got a bunch of contracts that can be restructured/extended, so they can free up a lot of space. And the team is lucky, in that the cap is probably going to flood the FA market, depressing values. They can make it work for most, if not all, of the high dollar guys as long as the players are reasonable rather than dollar chasing.

Based on the videos of their GM, coach, and players (not Brady, Gronk), it's clear this team is new to this type of winning. Arians needs to shut up. One super bowl does not make him great and he should be humble because there are a lot of other good teams in the league. The Bucs are the best team headed into the free agency/draft period, but I can see GB, KC, and LAR as well as a few other teams make some noise next year.
Arians loves to talk. My god. If he and Jim Nantz were ever in a crowded room together everyone else would die due to lack of oxygen.

Hes 68 years old. Whatever.

I agree they are the best team right now. However, I can see GB adding another receiver to help Rodgers out and of course they'll get Bakhtiari back. LAR have a defensive line that is comparable to TB's and can wreak havoc on the best QBs. In the AFC, KC will get their two tackles back and a healthy Mahomes is always dangerous. The point is Arians needs to act like he's been there before. You'd never see BB talk that way after a super bowl.

Not everyone has to do things BB’s way. Leading up to the game, BA talked openly about the gameplan against the Chiefs and yet still pants’d them. The team is thought to be run loosely and without discipline, and yet in the postseason they played incredibly smart and disciplined. They went to Green Bay and said they didn’t even practice in the cold or try to simulate conditions and they played great.

I think people give BB too much credit for little things like being tight lipped, not giving bulletin board material, injury stonewalling, etc. They don’t make a difference on the scoreboard.

As long as you keep your team focused and playing well, you’re doing your job.

BB’s way worked for him. It isn’t the only way that works. And Tampa Bay should be absolutely all-in right now knowing they have a year or two window.

I think it’s kind of refreshing. Trash talking your opponent during game week is one thing. Trash talking after you just win the Super Bowl. Kind of fun.

Not everyone has to do things BB’s way. Leading up to the game, BA talked openly about the gameplan against the Chiefs and yet still pants’d them. The team is thought to be run loosely and without discipline, and yet in the postseason they played incredibly smart and disciplined. They went to Green Bay and said they didn’t even practice in the cold or try to simulate conditions and they played great.

I think people give BB too much credit for little things like being tight lipped, not giving bulletin board material, injury stonewalling, etc. They don’t make a difference on the scoreboard.

As long as you keep your team focused and playing well, you’re doing your job.

BB’s way worked for him. It isn’t the only way that works. And Tampa Bay should be absolutely all-in right now knowing they have a year or two window.
Agree. I love the Parcells/BB/Coughlin way because it's proven to be sustainable and enduring but its not the ONLY way.

The BA approach worked with THIS team and THESE players THIS year.

Did it work in AZ? Kinda. Did it work last year? Meh. Did it work this year? Damn straight it did.

Best deal for both teams:

Bucs trade first-round pick

Patriots trade Stephon Gilmore and James White

(Bucs would be much better with Gilmore than Barrett and probably cost a similar amount)

Thoughts?

(Bucs would be much better with Gilmore than Barrett and probably cost a similar amount)

Thoughts?
Unless they go more man, I say no because of Bowles scheme. If Fournette returns, White is not needed. In fact, White will have a very small market as he's a gimmick back.

This way of running a team won’t give you 15+ years of success. But that misses the point. Brady and Tampa have probably a 2 year window and going absolutely all in for it both financially and emotionally, including making things look as fun as possible for free agents looking for a ring, is absolutely the best thing they can do. They can seriously dream about a threepeat unless the fabled Brady cliff finally happen. And yeah after Brady retires it’s all done. But ask any Tampa Bay fan if it was worth it and I know what they’ll say.

What happened with the Pats is the abnormality. It’s never happened before and will never happen again. So don’t try and compare other teams way of doing things and looking down on it when it obviously produces success.

That was depressing to watch. Tom had no businesses leaving NE and it's a shame the roster deteriorated the way it did. He had no choice but to leave and he made the right choice.
Your post encapsulates everything that has been said over the last 72 hours without blame or indictment. I applaud you.

It happened. It sucks...but it is what it is.

Thoughts?

I think they need the pass rusher more than they need the CB.

This way of running a team won’t give you 15+ years of success. But that misses the point. Brady and Tampa have probably a 2 year window and going absolutely all in for it both financially and emotionally, including making things look as fun as possible for free agents looking for a ring, is absolutely the best thing they can do. They can seriously dream about a threepeat unless the fabled Brady cliff finally happen. And yeah after Brady retires it’s all done. But ask any Tampa Bay fan if it was worth it and I know what they’ll say.

Tampa is a team with a very clean salary cap. At the moment, they're pushing less than a million dollars in dead cap space. Next year (not the one upcoming), the cap should jump back up rather than contracting, which means that they'll be able to build increases back into salaries. So, as long as they draft fairly well, they should be fine for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back