PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The crazy thing is that this team didn’t even hit what many considered its full stride during the season. If they play the offseason wisely, they’ll be a force in 2021 with a full camp and preseason.

Maybe the year off and the CBD oil helped him.
Hate or like TB12, but I think it’s his first season following completely the TB12 method. Bill was against it when he was a Patriots. Maybe that has helped him also.

The crazy thing is that this team didn’t even hit what many considered its full stride during the season. If they play the offseason wisely, they’ll be a force in 2021 with a full camp and preseason.
Not a bad schedule either. They have the NFC East. Also the AFC East. They are in by far the best shape in their division.

14-2 looks doable if they get all their pieces back.

Yes and I expect that almost all the team will comeback. Some may even take pay cut to have a chance to repeat.

I agree overall but I think Edelman was as important as Gronk in the 2nd dynasty
Edelman was huge as well - all heart.

Gronk was another level I’m pretty sure Bill even said with a healthy Gronk we are a shot every year with him being injured during 2012 and 2013 the reason we didn’t win it.

that 2016 seem was a great team - we were able to win without him because Brady was at his absolute best and Hogan and Mitchell were able to play above their peak to fill that void with Edelman and Amendola peaking

I loved how Winfield shoved in Tyreek's face.

Gronk also showed up Kelce. My only regret in the game is that the deep pass near the end was a tad too far to catch and he didn't get his 3rd TD. That EZ throw to Tanner Hudson was mistimed by him. If it were Gronk, he would have got TD #3 and the MVP.

I'm happy for TB getting MVP but it's sort of boring, Gronk getting it would have been cool.

It baffles me and makes me wonder whether these so called experts watch the game or know what they are talking about. 80% of them picked Chiefs to win. Even a couple guys at Bucs fan site Pewterreport. Do they not watch the defense? What they did to NO and GB showed that this defense was playing at a dangerously all time high level. They have 6 game wreckers at the LoS and LB. And the CB and safeties playing great too.

I've been saying that TB O can match the Chiefs O. So it was a push.

But the TB D was head and shoulder above the Chiefs D. So overall TB should have been at least a 7 point favorite. It was hilarious seeing the TB D running after Mahomes in the backfield all game long.

It baffles me and makes me wonder whether these so called experts watch the game or know what they are talking about. 80% of them picked Chiefs to win. Even a couple guys at Bucs fan site Pewterreport. Do they not watch the defense? What they did to NO and GB showed that this defense was playing at a dangerously all time high level. They have 6 game wreckers at the LoS and LB. And the CB and safeties playing great too.

I've been saying that TB O can match the Chiefs O. So it was a push.

But the TB D was head and shoulder above the Chiefs D. So overall TB should have been at least a 7 point favorite. It was hilarious seeing the TB D running after Mahomes in the backfield all game long.
I was laughing about that too. I'm like, have they not seen this man play? Brady literally did not break a sweat last night during that game.

I think he might have.
He did. The part where the cameras caught Brady waiving the new personnel back to the sidelines and then telling Leftwich/Arians “no” to a play later in the game pretty much signals that.

I was thinking the same thing last night..... I don't feel like they at any point reached their full potential.... And they won the SB anyways. Next year could be what they should have been this year. A repeat is not at all out of question.

I don’t care what anyone says. Stacked team, amazing defense, etc. whatever excuses people will come up with to discredit Tom.

Fact is, at 43 years old, he decided to go to a new team with a whole new system, coaching staff, players, pandemic year with zero training camp and preseason, and threw 40TDs and won the freakin SB. And in the off-season, you had tons of Brady haters claiming he will be exposed as a system QB and the Bucs will go 8-8.

What Brady did this year is absolutely incredible. He literally changed an entire franchises culture in just one season. His leadership and competitiveness is something we might never see again from a player.

GOAT before but this is just icing on the cake. Unless his arm falls off, I fully expect him to throw 40+TDs again next season and be in contention for another SB.

7th Championship win for Tom Brady. He's in 7th Heaven and Mahomes is still wondering when the Nightmare ends. But yeah this actually happened.

Tom Brady brought the winning culture, the mindset, and the belief to Tampa Bay. It's amazing what a difference changing the Quarterback makes.

Not only that but as BA admitted, Tom was allowed to "coach up" his teammates.

On top of that Brady, pulled a Lebron, he was allowed to play GM and bring in his boys Gronk and Antonio Brown and it paid off big time in the Superbowl as those guys he brought over caught 3 TDs in the Superbowl.

Think about it. Brady moved to a new conference, a new team, a completely different offensive system, and he WON a Superbowl in his FIRST year with his new team. And he did this in a world where OTAs, minicamps, training camps, preseason, etc. were either completely eliminated or greatly shortened.

Considering the challenge level, this accomplishment is frankly amazing. Brady showed to the world that he's not a "system QB", no as a matter of fact Brady IS the SYSTEM! He brings within himself the system of winning championships. Nobody can ever say again, the only reason Brady got all those championships is because of BB. BB didn't want him anymore. BB showed Tommy the door. And Brady was like, oh yeah? I'll prove you WRONG BB.

It's undeniable, Tom Brady is the greatest QB of all time. His greatness defies expectations. He elevates all those around him, from the players to the coaches, to the entire franchise. Tom Brady can't be pigeonholed anymore. He rises to every challenge presented to him and lifts up his teammates to his level of expectations which is nothing less than the very top.

The Tom Brady haters have to swallow their bile and next year of course they'll be back to their doubting/hating ways. But they can say nothing today to contradict this capstone accomplishment, Brady's 7th Superbowl win with a completely new team and new system and new conference. Years from now we are going to look back on this and say, I was watching when the Greatest NFL player EVER made history. It's time to erase all doubts, Tom Brady is just the BEST ever to suit up and play the sport! Tom Brady is a Living Legend, and I'm privileged to have watched him during his historic career.

Congratulations Tom and Tampa Bay!! You guys EARNED this. Enjoy it. I know I will enjoy this moment for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents