PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does shake hands when he loses but it seems with only guys who are his “equals”. Brees yes. Foles and Goff - no.

I’d say Cam hates losing as much as Brady does. But he still shakes the opponents hand or greets them after the game. Like in SB50.
I'm shocked he shook Brees' hand twice? I guess I should've reiterated big games or playoff games. I would've considered the Rams game at this point of the season a big game.

It’s good sportsmanship and Brady is the face of the league. I don’t like it when Bill doesn’t do it either.

Mahomes is the face of the league for the past few years. And I've never seen Bill not shake hands with the opposing coach after a loss. Most notably he left SB 42 early with 1 sec left on the clock but he did shake Tom Coughlin's hand before the clock expired.

I'm shocked he shook Brees' hand twice? I guess I should've reiterated big games or playoff games. I would've considered the Rams game at this point of the season a big game.

Brady is moody. When he wants to shake hands, he'll do it. Other times, he won't. Maybe Foles and Goff are beneath him.

Mahomes is the face of the league for the past few years. And I've never seen Bill not shake hands with the opposing coach after a loss. Most notably he left SB 42 early with 1 sec left on the clock but he did shake Tom Coughlin's hand before the clock expired.
Bill refused to shake mangini's hand when he was with the Jets. He is a sore loser as well. Same as Brady. When the Pats win you get thoughtful responses at his pressers. When they lose you get a snort and a sigh.
Does not bother me a bit. Winners want to win. As the saying goes, show me a good loser and I will show you a loser.

Bill refused to shake mangini's hand when he was with the Jets. He is a sore loser as well. Same as Brady. When the Pats win you get thoughtful responses at his pressers. When they lose you get a snort and a sigh.
Does not bother me a bit. Winners want to win. As the saying goes, show me a good loser and I will show you a loser.

Maybe did it to Mangini, but that's likely because Mangini turned him in for Spygate and less to do with being a sore loser. Pretty sure Brady leads Belichick by a wide margin in the number of times they've refused to shake hands with their opponents.

Maybe did it to Mangini, but that's likely because Mangini turned him in for Spygate and less to do with being a sore loser. Pretty sure Brady leads Belichick by a wide margin in the number of times they've refused to shake hands with their opponents.
Nah, Bill is just as much a baby and sore loser. Like I said just listen to his pressers after a win vs a loss.

Nah, Bill is just as much a baby and sore loser. Like I said just listen to his pressers after a win vs a loss.

That has nothing to do with being unsportsmanlike.

Bruschi speaks:

"Tom is in the middle of a team with a head coach that our old Patriots teams would love going up against team like this. They have the philosophy of we do what we do and we’re just going to do it, we’re better than you, we think our players are better so go ahead and do what you want I’m still going to throw my deep routes and all this and all of that. We would just adjust to it and take it away know that they still force it in there and we would pick it off. We would do something like that. Bruce Arians and that type of stubbornness …

Very serious question...

Which is a more accurate nickname for Tompa in Tampa?

a) Two Yard Tompa......a reflection on Brady's precision as a LOS screen passer during his prime NE years
b) Twenty Yard Tompa......a reflection of Tompa's determination to complete a long ball while carpetbagging in the Southeast

1. The Borg
theborg.jpg

2. Bogus Borg

3. Schmorgus Borg

Totally different . Mangini w

Totally different. Mangini was the rat with spygate. Don't compare Brady doing it 10 times in a pretty embarrassing way to BB rightfully snubbing a total fredo.

I really can't get along with Arians' "leadership" style of publicly calling out players. Has he ever this year come out and said that they as coaches need to do a better job? It always seems to be blaming the QB and other players. Not only for missing supposedly open receivers, but also for playcalling.

"We've got the guys open. We've just missed 'em," Arians told reporters earlier this week. "Other than the deep ball, I think he's getting confused a few times with coverage that might be causing some inaccurate balls, but I don't see it at all in practice. We're not missing the deep ball in practice, that's for sure, so it's just a matter of, on Sundays, hitting 'em."

"We have Tom calling a lot of his own, or picking his own on the sidelines from the game plan," Arians told reporters this week. "So I don't think it's a confidence problem whatsoever. It's not lack of trust -- it's lack of continuity within the offense."

Some coaches call out their players in public some do it in private and some dont do it at all. Some players react well to being called out some don’t. Different styles of coaches and players. It doesn’t necessarily mean one way is right and the other is wrong. We are just used to the BB way. That being said, expectations on this team were sky high. Now that there is a little blip in the road Arians is doing what he can to protect his own reputation. Rightly or wrongly he and his coaches are starting to place the blame at Bradys feet.

Mangini left the Patriots for the jets against Bill’s advice. He took a number of coaches and was constantly raiding the Patriots players. Bill made Mangini and I believe felt betrayed. Then after all that he called in the league in the spy gate stuff. That was why Bb didn’t shake his hand. Not because he is a sore loser.

Imagine caring if grown a grown man gave another man a handshake after a game. Why would anyone care 3 pages of this dumb ****
I agree. Silly. But Brady is always held to the perfection standard ...

It is being a baby and a sore loser.

not really. there is no rule of etiquette that says the HC has to be in a good mood in press conferences. he would be a sore loser if in fact he doesn't show up, but he always does.

Last edited:
Mangini left the Patriots for the jets against Bill’s advice. He took a number of coaches and was constantly raiding the Patriots players. Bill made Mangini and I believe felt betrayed. Then after all that he called in the league in the spy gate stuff. That was why Bb didn’t shake his hand. Not because he is a sore loser.
Wasn't it the case that Mangini was recruiting coaches on the plane trip back from Denver following the divisional loss to the Broncos in the 2005 playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes