PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally disagree, the scales are basically balanced, people see what they want to here.

There are a large number of people who support Brady. There are a decent number who have speculated about his play, but haven't been disparaging. There are a few who are disparaging.

There are plenty of people who have been sh*tting all over BB for his drafting (perhaps rightfully so), yet many of them cross the line of reasonable discussion into irrational disparagement. It's been the case forever, anytime the team has a poor game, BB's drafting is trash, so on, so forth. This season is different but there has always been those who disparage BB on this forum and it's not a new thing this year.

Everyone sees what's around them. If you spend a large proportion of your time in this TB thread relative to other threads on the site, you're going to see more discussion about Brady than BB. I can assure you BB is getting disparaged and irrational bashed by multiple folks across this forum.
Maybe there are literally one or two posters outright trashing Belichick overall but outside of drafting I haven't really seen much if any. Even Bill's questionable in game decisions seem to be flying under the radar. Not challenging the James White spot, not taking the penalty to push them outside of field goal range, leaving Hoyer in against KC. He didn't take a ton of heat. Compare that to Brady where there was a decent segment of people gleefully cheering as he struggled week one against the Saints and even still twist themselves into pretzels to belittle what he is doing with the "who has he played" and "he just doesn't look as good" nonsense.

Totally disagree, the scales are basically balanced, people see what they want to here.

There are a large number of people who support Brady. There are a decent number who have speculated about his play, but haven't been disparaging. There are a few who are disparaging.

There are plenty of people who have been sh*tting all over BB for his drafting (perhaps rightfully so), yet many of them cross the line of reasonable discussion into irrational disparagement. It's been the case forever, anytime the team has a poor game, BB's drafting is trash, so on, so forth. This season is different but there has always been those who disparage BB on this forum and it's not a new thing this year.

Everyone sees what's around them. If you spend a large proportion of your time in this TB thread relative to other threads on the site, you're going to see more discussion about Brady than BB. I can assure you BB is getting disparaged and irrational bashed by multiple folks across this forum.
There's been people on both sides but some of that is driven by the fact that some people say it's a 50 / 50 with coaches and players. BB himself has always said players play. One person here said something very smart the other day when they said that it's very hard to measure a coaches worth in real life data. Some of us think BB is the best but that all HOF coaches are just basically Marvin Lewis without the QB. You can lose badly without good coaching but you don't win 6 mainly because of it. You win because of players.

For a long time Florio had gotten his act together, and he was my favorite commenter/reporter.

I think his site (and internet advertising revenue) has declined a lot, so now he's back to being a **** stirring hack again. He has become a shill for the league, for one, teaming up with suck-ass league mouthpiece Peter King and dumb-ass hot take artist Chris Simms.

So many of his opinions have become either propaganda or click-bait. It's a shame; he was one of the few voices of reason during Deflategate.
I didn't read him during deflategate but I read his articles and all I see are his opinions and agendas being jammed down our throats. It's a blog.

Well then your arm chair is wrong. Brady wanted a commitment with a multi year contract and when he kept getting told no, he created a way out. So it’s really like your wife just had your 3 kids and she wanted to create a joint bank account and add hers to yours and move all her old stuff at her parents into the house and you said “hey listen babe let’s just keep it easy in case something happens”. So she said okay and asked if she could go out late with the girls more and you thought “sure not like she will find any better”. Then she found a less successful guy who was promising a commitment that was ironclad and she said “hey honey, I think I’m going to roll with this guy, good thing we kept things easy so this separation wouldn’t be complicated lol”

Point is Brady spelled out what he wanted and we said no and then he asked for a way out.
My armchair isn't wrong. I never wanted him to leave.

I have spent ample time in many other threads on this forum. I know that doesn't fit your narrative, but that's because your narrative is false. But go ahead and do some more stalking if the "latest activity" thinking that's some kind of indication of how I spend my time on the board in entirety. By all means!

Last edited:
Maybe there are literally one or two posters outright trashing Belichick overall but outside of drafting I haven't really seen much if any. Even Bill's questionable in game decisions seem to be flying under the radar. Not challenging the James White spot, not taking the penalty to push them outside of field goal range, leaving Hoyer in against KC. He didn't take a ton of heat. Compare that to Brady where there was a decent segment of people gleefully cheering as he struggled week one against the Saints and even still twist themselves into pretzels to belittle what he is doing with the "who has he played" and "he just doesn't look as good" nonsense.
He's wrong, but he won't see it. And that's okay with me. I don't really care beyond what I've already responded.

There's been people on both sides but some of that is driven by the fact that some people say it's a 50 / 50 with coaches and players. BB himself has always said players play. One person here said something very smart the other day when they said that it's very hard to measure a coaches worth in real life data. Some of us think BB is the best but that all HOF coaches are just basically Marvin Lewis without the QB. You can lose badly without good coaching but you don't win 6 mainly because of it. You win because of players.
Good take here. Coaching is probably worth about 25% and the rest are the players. I mean there is a reason there is a draft and teams try to compile as many high draft picks as they can. The better your players, the better chance to win. Bill is an amazing coach. I would like to see him paired with a really good GM in the future even though I don't think it will ever happen in NE. I think he just can't evaluate like he used to for whatever reason.

did that change recently? Because if I remember correctly, for example, in the case of Brady and Jules suspensions, they could only return to the facility after the end of their suspensions.

Good take here. Coaching is probably worth about 25% and the rest are the players. I mean there is a reason there is a draft and teams try to compile as many high draft picks as they can. The better your players, the better chance to win. Bill is an amazing coach. I would like to see him paired with a really good GM in the future even though I don't think it will ever happen in NE. I think he just can't evaluate like he used to for whatever reason.
I think he is stuck in the past in certain aspects. We keep drafting these big lumbering linebackers when the game is basically basketball on grass at this point. We need LB's like Tampa has. Smaller, faster, rangy, linebackers who can cover a running back in the flat or pick up a receiver underneath on the crossing route in zone. Bill also doesn't seem to believe in flat out pass rushers. He seems to want them to do it all, which in theory, is great but if you have a Chandler Jones (we did) or a Von Miller why have them worried about dropping back in coverage or setting the edge against the run all the time? Obviously they will be asked to do it occasionally but I think getting too hung up on that aspect of their game hinders their ability to just get after the passer.

I feel like the offense he doesn't value speed the way a lot of the league does and I think when Brady was here speed wasn't a big deal. The offense was built on timing and having quick guys in the slot, RBs on wheel routes and screens, and a TE in the seam. Now without Brady anticipating a receiver coming out of his break or a TE who is an NFL caliber player the offense is struggling badly because we don't really have any athletes who can win one on one. We don't have a DK Metcalf who can just out run or out jump a guy. We need someone who can just win a match up.

It’s Caserio being the primary voice in the room with him. That’s the common denominator. He stinks on ice. The drafts were much better when it was Reese as that voice.

If you don't think Brady knows our fanbase. you don't know jack squat IMO. Why wouldn't I watch the Bucs this season, especially considering the dreck Kraft has given BB to use as this years "offense".The ol' "get rid of 'em a season early"axiom doesn't hold when it's the GREATEST QB IN NFL HISTORY still playing at a high level. If only to enjoy the supreme joy of seeing the constipated look on Mini Kellerman's dumb face.

Interested in seeing how Brady's numbers look in December. Passing stats have typically fallen off a bit as the weather turned bad but with the Bucs playing in either warm sites or domes to finish the year his playing conditions will not be an adverse factor this year.

Career Passer Rating:
Dome - 108.4
Outdoors - 96.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back