PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stidham's didn't throw many INTs in college (48:13 TD:INT) or in preseason last year (4:1 TD:INT). Most likely what's happening now is that he hasn't adjusted to NFL game speed yet, a common problem with young QB's seeing their first real game action, especially "gunslinger" types with strong accurate arms like Stidham who tend to have too much confidence in their ability to force a completion.

Which is not to say Stidham won't have problems: at Auburn, he tended to panic and scramble too soon under pressure and take sacks including strip sacks. My concern about him is whether he can retain his composure under blitzes and other pressure.

I'm not going to judge too much Stidham in a Covid regulated environment although I did like some of what I saw. I do prefer him over Hoyer though.

I'm not going to judge too much Stidham in a Covid regulated environment although I did like some of what I saw. I do prefer him over Hoyer though.

Last year he threw 3 NFL passes, 1 INT for TD. This year in 1 quarter he threw 2 INTs, 1 for TD. He seems to be an interception machine. Getting a taste of NFL speed last year didn't seem to help.

Last year he threw 3 NFL passes, 1 INT for TD. This year in 1 quarter he threw 2 INTs, 1 for TD. He seems to be an interception machine. Getting a taste of NFL speed last year didn't seem to help.

I can't say either way this year. I saw some good things vs KC but also know this isn't a normal year. I hope he starts vs Denver. We'll see one way or another soon enough.

And during the QB battle in camp, didn't we hear routinely that Stidham was making really bad errors often? He was very erratic in performance.

I don't have a strong enough opinion on who I want to start... But like. Hoyer did march us down the field a few times. But he also made some wildly bone-headed mistakes.

Maybe I need to be reminded of the bright spots of Stidham's outing, because I only remember how bad it looked, and somehow am remembering Hoyer favorably, which is bad.

Peyton Manning will have even more reason to have Nick Foles caddy for him if there's a Champions for Charity rematch next year.

Evans is almost unstoppable. Like Gronk was. Evans is huge, strong, fast, great hands. He could probably score 20 TDs if the Bucs weren't loaded at every single skill position.

Evans is almost unstoppable. Like Gronk was. Evans is huge, strong, fast, great hands. He could probably score 20 TDs if the Bucs weren't loaded at every single skill position.

Wish the Pats had a receiver of that caliber would make everything much easier

I challenged two posts here a couple weeks ago which led to a few of the Brady love group to get all upset. 1. It is not a given that Brady and Tampa Bay are going to get better as a team as the season goes on. 2. Hold off the celebrations of how good the Bucs are until after they have played, and beaten some good teams.
1. I still stand by one, the best Pats teams got better as the season wore on. I don't think that is very common with other non BB teams. There is obviously still a possibility Tampa Bay will, but between injuries, coaching, and the team itself, I stand by it is not a given.
2. I also still stand by two, Beating the Broncos, Chargers, and Panthers certainly isn't a bad thing, but isn't beating the Saints, Seahawks, and Ravens. It is really hard to judge how good a team is until they play and beat a few really good teams, which the Bucs haven't done yet. You all will know a lot more after Green Bay and the Raiders. Your schedule is really week this year, which helps, and I don't disagree with a 10-6, 11-5 record, is well within reach, however, I think 10-6 would have been laughed at by many of the ra-ra posters here before the season started as completely negative and there is no way the bucs will lose 6 games.

I challenged two posts here a couple weeks ago which led to a few of the Brady love group to get all upset. 1. It is not a given that Brady and Tampa Bay are going to get better as a team as the season goes on. 2. Hold off the celebrations of how good the Bucs are until after they have played, and beaten some good teams.
1. I still stand by one, the best Pats teams got better as the season wore on. I don't think that is very common with other non BB teams. There is obviously still a possibility Tampa Bay will, but between injuries, coaching, and the team itself, I stand by it is not a given.
2. I also still stand by two, Beating the Broncos, Chargers, and Panthers certainly isn't a bad thing, but isn't beating the Saints, Seahawks, and Ravens. It is really hard to judge how good a team is until they play and beat a few really good teams, which the Bucs haven't done yet. You all will know a lot more after Green Bay and the Raiders. Your schedule is really week this year, which helps, and I don't disagree with a 10-6, 11-5 record, is well within reach, however, I think 10-6 would have been laughed at by many of the ra-ra posters here before the season started as completely negative and there is no way the bucs will lose 6 games.
The Tampa offense was on the upswing despite some injuries each week, but they've reached a point where the injuries are really tough to overcome. Especially with Green Bay coming up. Their top 4 WRs are all injured and the 2 who played last game (Evans, Miller) were clearly hobbled and shouldn't have been out there. Godwin and Watson being the others. Losing OJ Howard really hurts them too, even though Brate and an elderly Gronk aren't bad. But OJ Howard really flashed at times.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Very interesting. The are exactly the kind of short TD passes that many on this board used to crucify Manning for.

I had other reasons for criticizing the tea-bagging, one and done cheater, but I'm not saying what they are.

The Tampa offense was on the upswing despite some injuries each week, but they've reached a point where the injuries are really tough to overcome. Especially with Green Bay coming up. Their top 4 WRs are all injured and the 2 who played last game (Evans, Miller) were clearly hobbled and shouldn't have been out there. Godwin and Watson being the others. Losing OJ Howard really hurts them too, even though Brate and an elderly Gronk aren't bad. But OJ Howard really flashed at times.
Yes, but that is what professional football is. Managing your team, which includes your roster when injuries can and will happen. Having players available to step in and step up, while realizing every other team in the league is going to be going through the same exact process. Realizing that dumping money into an ancient qb and a tight end coming out of retirement comes with a bunch of risk to go along with the possible reward.

Yes, but that is what professional football is. Managing your team, which includes your roster when injuries can and will happen. Having players available to step in and step up, while realizing every other team in the league is going to be going through the same exact process. Realizing that dumping money into an ancient qb and a tight end coming out of retirement comes with a bunch of risk to go along with the possible reward.

I knew you couldn't stay away.

I knew you couldn't stay away.
If you want I can become negative and start picking on your boy toy. I came back because this is on the main page of the forum and I read about everything on here. PS, I don't read the nfl forum usually, so if you post there I probably won't ever see it. I didn't come back to be negative, rather to defend my earlier statements. Which weren't negative at the time I posted them and still aren't, but seem to be somewhat accurate looking back.

Tom Brady is an amazing qb. It is sad he left, and sad he didn't retire a patriot.

That all being said, if you post stupid gang green in August type posts about the Bucs being odds on favorites to win the superbowl, and the Bucs are just going to get better and better, and that Denver win shows what kind of team the Bucs really are, then expect discussion and debate, that is what you get on an internet forum. Especially when you attack the people who posted it, and they are proven to be at least somewhat accurate. If you can't handle that you probably shouldn't be posting here.

So Mahomes did shake Carr’s hand after the game. Good.

Brady should have done the same with Foles especially since he didn’t last time. Or at least greeted him. It’s what good sports do. It’s really not that hard is it?

Last edited:
If the Bucs fall short or dissapoint this year, its going to be on Arians and not being able to pull everything together and get a disciplined operation going here. having the most penalties in the league is shooting yourself in the foot every game. I mean they had a 3rd and 30!!

also, the NFC is a bloodbath. Lets see how they do against Green bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore