PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Patriots offense would absolutely reek if Brady was still here. The evidence we have based on last year is clear and it is telling. Any other opinion is wishful thinking and nothing more.

Plus as we know now, the QB was disgruntled. I doubt his attitude would be any better this year.

Decent chance we'd be sitting at 0-3 right now to be honest.

I keep referring to gambling odds to try to introduce an independent and objective point of view to this discussion. The Chargers are expected to win seven or eight games and to lose this game by 5.5 points. Tampa is expected to win nine or ten games. We keep hearing TB12 went to Tampa for the weapons. Great, because he needed them badly. I'm glad he had a great second half. It was a fun game to watch with a lot of action.

And the fact is he won a 1PM Sunday game by 6 against a meh team he was expected to beat by 5.5 points on a team he chose to go to because it had all those weapons. This wasn't anything like being down 28-3 in the third quarter in a Super Bowl. Shame on you for such a reach.
So far that team you think sucks nearly beat the Chiefs who will probably massacre us tonight

There's so much wrong with this post that I won't even put in the "effort" to respond. It, like your prediction, is meaningless. I hope they keep winning the games they "should."
Great, because you'll find my 'meaningless' prediction is on the high side of the projected 9.5 wins for TB so I'm also in on them winning the games they 'should' and maybe sneaking more in too.

Now, please enjoy the meaningful Billy Sullivan conversation breaking out in this thread.

His regular season, playoff, Super Bowl winning records are literally going to be Gretzky level of unbreakable. Same with his playoff stats

So far that team you think sucks nearly beat the Chiefs who will probably massacre us tonight
So many reaches...

'meh' means 'unimpressive' not 'sucks'.

What happened in the KC-LAC game two weeks ago won't have much bearing on what happens tonight.

TB12 plus weapons had a nice comeback from his pick six in a game against a meh team in a game he was supposed to win.

Not sure why this is such a controversial statement.

Guess this runs against the narrative that TB12 is the savior leading the resurrection of the destitute franchise so it needs to be suppressed with as much vigor as can be mustered.

Appreciate your input but Respectfully disagree my friend. Through 3 games the offense has been effective in each outing with cam. Under the same offense, we struggled mightily over the 2nd half of the season with Brady last year. We had one or 2 decent outings but for the most part it just wasn’t clicking with brady. i see no reason to think why anything would have changed there given that all we really added was byrd and a couple or rookie te’s who have not contributed as pass catchers yet.this offense , given the clear lack of passing weapons, is not built for a traditional pocket passer but as weve seen cam’s mobility opens things up.

Brady’s on a team that better suits his game and im glad for him, but he would not be playing like this with us.

You're a nice person to disagree with Patsy my friend. Hopefully, Cam (get well soon) and Brady will surprise me even more than they have already.

Sure, once he learns to master the handoff. Quite possibly cost his team the game right there.
So cynical. Hes a rookie and makes rookie mistakes. Virtually every analyst I've seen is very high in this guy.

You're a nice person to disagree with Patsy my friend. Hopefully, Cam (get well soon) and Brady will surprise me even more than they have already.

likewise buddy! Yeah lets hope so, it is a smaller sample but i like the way things are looking and hope they continue

With the amount of injuries that Tampa has had (including a banged up Evans) Brady is not really playing with a stacked offense. He has played very well and the team is averaging 30 points a game. He would also have done quite well with this Patriots team and they would likely have the same 2-1 record. The offensive line is 5x better than last year and with an improved running game and more time to throw they should have been able to score more than enough points to beat both Miami and Vegas.
I am ultimately fine that they moved on from Brady as they needed a financial reset and would not have been one of the favorites this year anyways. Am hopeful they have found something with Cam and are able to sign him to a reasonable multi-year contract and use some of their 2021 cap space to become one of the top 3 or 4 teams yet again. If he demands a massive contract I worry that they let him go and lose any momentum this year gave them.

So many reaches...

'meh' means 'unimpressive' not 'sucks'.

What happened in the KC-LAC game two weeks ago won't have much bearing on what happens tonight.

TB12 plus weapons had a nice comeback from his pick six in a game against a meh team in a game he was supposed to win.

Not sure why this is such a controversial statement.

Guess this runs against the narrative that TB12 is the savior leading the resurrection of the destitute franchise so it needs to be suppressed with as much vigor as can be mustered.
He didn’t have a nice comeback. He had one of the best games of his career lol.

Appreciate your input but Respectfully disagree my friend. Through 3 games the offense has been effective in each outing with cam. Under the same offense, we struggled mightily over the 2nd half of the season with Brady last year. We had one or 2 decent outings but for the most part it just wasn’t clicking with brady. i see no reason to think why anything would have changed there given that all we really added was byrd and a couple or rookie te’s who have not contributed as pass catchers yet.this offense , given the clear lack of passing weapons, is not built for a traditional pocket passer but as weve seen cam’s mobility opens things up.

Brady’s on a team that better suits his game and im glad for him, but he would not be playing like this with us.

Our offense has been pretty effective largely because it is very different now than it was last year- Miami couldn't deal with it at all even though they did practice for some of the stuff Cam did in Carolina. The window dressings on those plays left them flat-footed.

But let's wait and see as the season goes on and more stuff shows up on tape for other teams to figure us out.

I'm in the camp that TFB would still be sub-par for his career were he here this year. Yes this year's OL is playing worlds better and even the 2020 WRs are marginally better but I don't think he'd be having the fun dragging the Patriots WR/TE corpse (sic) along again that he shows me in Tamper. I'm happy watching Cam's performance & enthusiasm so far. Vs Seattle he was great and last week though sub-par as a passer he was a team player who game managed us to a W. Cam gets a Mulligan for coming down with COVID. We have seen too few games as yet to be definitive but that's my quick take subject to revision with more data after more games.

This is probably the most telling quote from Arians after the game on where the Bucs stand this year:

“I can honestly say had this been last year, we would have gotten our ass beat by 20.”
—Tampa Bay coach Bruce Arians, praising Tom Brady for the Bucs erasing a 24-7 deficit Sunday to beat the Chargers.
But Bill Lee says, "Meh."

This is probably the most telling quote from Arians after the game on where the Bucs stand this year:

“I can honestly say had this been last year, we would have gotten our ass beat by 20.”
—Tampa Bay coach Bruce Arians, praising Tom Brady for the Bucs erasing a 24-7 deficit Sunday to beat the Chargers.

This is why Tom went to TB. If it was Belichick it would have probably been something like

"Tom made some good passes, and some bad passes. We have a lot to work on. We're on to Chicago."

The Patriots offense would absolutely reek if Brady was still here. The evidence we have based on last year is clear and it is telling. Any other opinion is wishful thinking and nothing more.

In the Patriots 2 wins Newton is average 160 yards passing. I'm pretty sure that Tom can hand the ball off just as well as Newton.

I, personally, don't care about the media, but your post mentions "Bradyites," not the media.

That poster has been doing nothing but talking out of his ass for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST