PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Marvin Harrison involved in shooting investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
What goes around....

Last edited:
I heard he is changing his name to - Marvin Haddagun

And his new football jersey # is - 231456087 - a new jersey design in vertical pinstripes for home and the orange jumpsuit away

As I look around now, SI.com, ESPN, and CBS SPortsline only have the one AP report. Remember what it was like when Spygate hit? Op/Ed's all over the place, headlines with pictures of BB even at places like CNN, and nonstop talking about it on ESPN's shows. I am just feeling Harrison doesn't get that kind of press.

the story hasn't been out for 6 hours...wait a little bit - this will get PLENTY of press. stop thinking only the patriots get bad press.

I bet ya dungy aint saying "its an embarrasment to the league".

I think Matt Walsh has a tape of Harrison's walkthrough.

Okay, so I made my "probably nothing" statement without reading the evidence against Harrison.

Yeah, he's ****ed.

Sounds like the story is constantly changing. A Philly station is reporting...

"Sources tell Action News a group of men got into a fight at Harrison's bar, Playmakers, at 25th and Thompson Streets last weekend.

On Tuesday, one of the men allegedly went to Harrison's brother's detail shop where another fight broke out. Shots were fired and two men were injured. Harrison showed up at the scene a short time later.

Police called him in for questioning. Harrison turned over a gun that produces unique bullet casings similar to ones found at the scene."

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=6088291

I thought the Colts where classy? Don't they set the class standard in the NFL?

What the @#$% is wrong with some of you paranoid freaks? Is the world - not just the NFL, but the whole world - so involved in the Colts/Goodell conspiracy against the Patriots that you think it'll get swept under the rug? A shooting is going to get swept under the rug? This happened in Philly mind you, not Indy, so there's no home-team advantage here with the police.

You need to get some ******* perspective. I mean I'm all for the guy going to jail if he broke the law and someone got hurt, but give me a break just because he's a Colt you want to see him raped?

yes........

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3378829

Agent says Harrison not involved in reported shooting...of course what do you expect his agent to say. Obviously I hope this is true, just like I hope spygate isn't true for the Pats, I am just ready for some football..

Last edited:
Yes, unless this story turns out to be true.

whether trigger happy harrison fired the gun or not its not going to look good for harry or the colts, he better hope no witnesses come out saying he was the shooter then hes really screwed.

whether trigger happy harrison fired the gun or not its not going to look good for harry or the colts, he better hope no witnesses come out saying he was the shooter then hes really screwed.

Thats for sure, he would be screwed...wow I just realized you live where my son was born, he turns 8 this year, I don't get to see him alot, with me living in Indiana, and him in Turlock...

Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Marvin Harrison's agent says a report Harrison is under investigation in his hometown of Philadelphia in connection with a shooting this week are untrue.

A shooting took place Tuesday near Harrison's North Philadelphia bar, a source told Anthony Gargano of Philadelphia's WIP Radio.

Harrison's agent, Tom Condon, told ESPN's Chris Mortensen: "I've spoken with Marvin and I've spoken with his attorney, and they say the reports are erroneous. Marvin was not involved in any shooting, and he is not the subject of this investigation."

Condon declined to answer any other questions.

Harrison was interviewed by police about the shooting, Lt. Frank Vanore said. Harrison has not been arrested or charged.

"He was interviewed," Vanore said Friday. "Why he was interviewed, that is all part of the investigation. No one is a suspect."

After the first day of Colts rookie minicamp, coach Tony Dungy said he knew little more than had been reported.

"My phone has been ringing, too, but I don't have any details," Dungy said. "I really don't have any more information than you do."

Harrison's agent, Tom Condon, told ESPN's Chris Mortensen, "I've spoken with Marvin and I've spoken with his attorney, and they say the reports are erroneous. Marvin was not involved in any shooting, and he is not the subject of this investigation." Condon declined to answer any other questions.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league was "aware of the report, and we are looking into it."

The source said the alleged victim came into the bar, Playmakers, about 5 p.m. and engaged in an argument with Harrison, who was at the bar. The victim then left the bar, heading to his car, with Harrison following. Gunfire broke out, the victim was hit in the hand, and a young girl was slightly injured by flying glass from a car that apparently was hit by a bullet.

Police came to scene, but the victim did not identify a shooter. On Wednesday, according to the source, ballistic tests showed that the gun that had fired the shots was a custom-made Belgian weapon, and police determined that Harrison owned such a gun. A source told ESPN.com's John Clayton that the gun is registered.

Police then went to a Philadelphia car wash owned by Harrison to question him about the gun. Harrison admitted owning such a weapon, but claimed it never left his suburban Philadelphia home.

However, the source said the gun was discovered in a bucket at the car wash, and tests showed that it had fired seven bullets that matched those found at the scene.

The source said police were contacted Friday by an attorney representing a second alleged victim in the shooting, and police are now waiting for that individual to come forward.

Harrison, a prep football star at Philadelphia's Roman Catholic High, has owned Playmakers since July 2004, according to state records.

Harrison has played his entire 12-season career with the Colts and is the franchise's record-holder in every major receiving category -- receptions (1,042), yards (13,944), touchdowns (123) and 100-yard games (59). The 35-year-old is one of only four players in league history to top 1,000 receptions.

But after eight consecutive Pro Bowl appearances, last season was the most frustrating of Harrison's career.

He injured his left knee against Denver on Sept. 30, missed all but five games, and finished with 20 receptions for 247 yards and one TD.

Team president Bill Polian said in February that Harrison was recovering from offseason arthroscopic surgery on his right knee and had been rehabilitating the inflamed capsule in his left knee. He was not expected to be completely healthy for the start of Indianapolis training camp July 24.

Typically quiet Harrison has a reputation for being humble on and off the field.

But he's still one of the Colts' most visible players -- and their longest-tenured veteran. Harrison, along with Peyton Manning and Edgerrin James, were nicknamed Indy's triplets in the late 1990s. He was a first-round draft pick in 1996 out of Syracuse and wound up the best receiver in a class that included Keyshawn Johnson and Eric Moulds.

Off the field, Harrison was sued after the 2005 Pro Bowl when three boys accused him of attacking them when they tried to get his autograph. The suit alleged Harrison "violently and physically attacked" the minors, including placing a "potentially deadly choke hold" on one of the boys, but it was later dismissed.

What the @#$% is wrong with some of you paranoid freaks? Is the world - not just the NFL, but the whole world - so involved in the Colts/Goodell conspiracy against the Patriots that you think it'll get swept under the rug? A shooting is going to get swept under the rug? This happened in Philly mind you, not Indy, so there's no home-team advantage here with the police.

Yes - Prosecutors, and Goodell, always have discretion in what they do. Hypothetically speaking, prosecutors need not charge anyone with a crime. Moroever, we have all seen people do atrocious things but plead out to something minor without jail time.

When dealing with rich celebrities, judges and prosecutors could also go either way. They could use the celebrity to set an example. However, they may also want the thing to disappear. Fully prosecuting celebrities requires a lot more $ and resources than prosecuting average joes, because they employ big time lawyers and create a media circus.

Finally, since the victims' injuries in this case dont appear too severe, there will likely be little public outcry for "justice." IMO, crimes should treated the same whether victims die or not, but most people dont view it this way.

Since no one is dead or severely injured, and Harrison will surely have a spin team communicating with the media, this can disappear quickly (provided of course that Harrison didnt pull the trigger or someone is willing to take the fall for him). And even if he did pull the trigger, I'm sure his lawyers could work a theory of self defense or mental instability to his advantage with prosecutors and the media.

If its proven he was the one that actually fired the shots he should be kicked out of the league, if one of his friends fired his gun then he should be suspended 8 weeks or an entire season whether its his first incident or his fifth the commish better be harsh as hell with Saint Marvin.

Pacman wasn't the shooter in his case..... look how that turned out :rolleyes:

Harrison was angry that there is a report Ty Law is close to comming back to the Patriots, and all those bad memories came back, making him angry and violent.

This thread is another perfect example of how football fans love gossip. None of the facts are known, yet like a bunch of old lady's gobbling up the celebrity gossip, we go on & on.

Kinda like when the Randy Moss story broke and we had around 1,000 posts on the topic. C'mon guys, we're MEN & we aren't supposed to like gossip...or bubble baths.

Last edited:
This thread is another perfect example of how football fans love gossip. None of the facts are known, yet like a bunch of old lady's gobbling up the celebrity gossip, we go on & on.

Kinda like when the Randy Moss story broke and we had around 1,000 posts on the topic. C'mon guys, we're MEN & we aren't supposed to like gossip...or bubble baths.

It is the off season. You want to start another thread on linebackers that'll will cut? This is more interesting.

I have to come to the defense of my fellow Orange(man) here.....

None of this report sounds "plausible" it actually sounds more like TV cop drama than real life. COnsider this..

#1 No way they have a ballastics match on a type of weapon, used, and no way it happens in a few days. Every single gun puts different marks on a bullet as it is fired (the barrell has clockwise grooves in it that spin the bullet and these grooves leave marks on the bullets) HOWEVER, if you dig a bullet out of concrete or wherever they found it, it is going to be mashed up, and yes, they can tell from the size of the bullet what type of gun was used, no way forensics makes it out to come from a specially made Belgiun gun in a few days.

#2 Belgium gun found at Harrison's car wash. If I'm Marvin, I only hope that the Police went to my car wash, looked into a bucket and then discovered my gun. Where was there search warrant? They didn't have one, if this were true, the police would have just admitted that they conducted an illegal search, and everything they found would be deemed inadmissible.

#3 If you have millions of dollars (and a Syracuse education) wouldn't you pay someone from the hood to take care of this for you?

None of this story sounds probable, if he really did fire his gun at this guy, it would take weeks and a search warrant to come up with the conclusions in this story.

I don't disagree with you overall on plausibility, but I do want to address some of your objections...
I have to come to the defense of my fellow Orange(man) here.....

None of this report sounds "plausible" it actually sounds more like TV cop drama than real life. COnsider this..

#1 No way they have a ballastics match on a type of weapon, used, and no way it happens in a few days. Every single gun puts different marks on a bullet as it is fired (the barrell has clockwise grooves in it that spin the bullet and these grooves leave marks on the bullets) HOWEVER, if you dig a bullet out of concrete or wherever they found it, it is going to be mashed up, and yes, they can tell from the size of the bullet what type of gun was used, no way forensics makes it out to come from a specially made Belgiun gun in a few days.
The "reports" I read addressed shell casings, not bullets, and the use of the term "ballistics" was probably the more erroneous part of the report than the logistics of what was found and matched to the gun. My guess would be an odd sized 10mm round (maybe the original 10mm not the S&W .40 we now refer to as 10mm), not entirely uncommon for FN (a Belgian gunmaker) even though it is fairly rarely used for a variety of reasons

#2 Belgium gun found at Harrison's car wash. If I'm Marvin, I only hope that the Police went to my car wash, looked into a bucket and then discovered my gun. Where was there search warrant? They didn't have one, if this were true, the police would have just admitted that they conducted an illegal search, and everything they found would be deemed inadmissible.
There were a couple different wordings and ways this was talked about - one just said that Marvin was asked if he owned such a gun and said yes. My guess is he owned a comparable gun, and that the bucket part is erroneous, not the ownership part as this seems to be a common theme. Again, pure speculation.
#3 If you have millions of dollars (and a Syracuse education) wouldn't you pay someone from the hood to take care of this for you?
If the guy came into his bar, how does his money, education, or "hood connection" enter into it - it sounds more like the guy was coming after him than vice versa. Again, not saying he did or didn't do anything, but the reports that are out would at least indicate he was only the aggressor in that he walked out of the bar after the guy after an argument.

None of this story sounds probable, if he really did fire his gun at this guy, it would take weeks and a search warrant to come up with the conclusions in this story.
With all that said, I agree with you, but not necessarily for these reasons, just because to this point, reading the different reports about it, this just smacks of sensational journalism, but I didn't necessarily think your points were the reasons the story didn't sound particularly credible as they could all be easily explained regardless of whether or not he was or was not involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes