OT: Marvin Harrison involved in shooting investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Per Outside the Lines right now.

Good ol' Colts.

Good stuff. Are there any links around? I checked the usual suspects (ESPN, NFL, Si) and couldn't find anything.

Marvin is a standup guy (Go Orange!). He could have just seen something or known somebody involved with something. I hardly doubt he is up to any shenanigans.

Nothing online yet, but reported by Anthony Gargano from a Philly radio station on outside the lines. Apparently he got into some sort of fight out of “Playmakers”.

Any gun that is involved in a crime, the owner of that gun regardless the shooter is automatically arrested in the state this occured.

The reporter says he believes Marvin is going to be arrested soon.

Marvin is a standup guy (Go Orange!). He could have just seen something or known somebody involved with something. I hardly doubt he is up to any shenanigans.
I doubt he has done anything criminal but Harrison is almost a moot point in my mind - I think he is T O A S T. Wayne and Gonzalez are their top two WR not, I think.

I doubt he has done anything criminal but Harrison is almost a moot point in my mind - I think he is T O A S T. Wayne and Gonzalez are their top two WR not, I think.

Nobody thought Kobe Bryant did anything wrong either.

If Harrison is acquitted and cut by the Colts, we should sign him for the vet minimum. Imagine how good he'd look in a Patriots uniform...

A young girl was supposedly injured from glass that was shattered during the shooting. :mad: I hope she's alright and justice is served. I wonder how Saint Dungy will spin this one?

Wow, when the police questioned him he said he owned a gun, but that he's never taken it out of his house. The police then found the gun hidden in a bucket in his carwash after Harrison's uncle asked the police, "Are you here about the shooting?" Ballistics matched. He also got into a fight with this guy a few weeks ago, then beat him "pretty severely" Tuesday night, then chased the guy down the street after he fled and shot him.

He's lied once to the police already. And an innocent child was injured in the sooting when broken glass hit her. A second person, a woman, was shot in the shoulder and fingered Harrison as the gunman. Dirt bag.

Last edited:
Here's what i've found out.....

Indianapolis Colts all-pro wide receiver Marvin Harrison is under investigation in his home town of Philadelphia in a shooting that took place late Tuesday afternoon, outside a North Philadelphia bar owned by Harrison, a source close to the investigation told Anthony Gargano of WIP Radio in Philadelphia.

The source said the alleged victim came into the bar, Playmakers, around 5 p.m., and engaged in an argument with Harrison, who was at the bar. The victim then left the bar, heading to his car, with Harrison following. Gunfire broke out, the victim was hit in the hand, and a young girl was slightly injured by flying glass from a car that apparently was hit by a bullet.

Police came to scene, but the victim did not identify a shooter. On Wednesday, according to the source, ballistic tests showed that the gun that had fired the shots was a custom-made Belgian weapon, and police determined that Harrison owned such a gun.

Police then went to a Philadelphia car wash owned by Harrison, to question him about the gun. Harrison admitted owning such a weapon, but claimed it never left his suburban Philadelphia home. However, again according to the source, the gun was discovered in a bucket at the car wash, and tests showed that it had fired seven bullets that matched those found at the scene.

The source says police were contacted today by an attorney representing a second alleged victim in the shooting, and police are now waiting for that individual to come forward.

Harrison has yet to be arrested or charged with the crime. ESPN is attempting to reach Harrison, his agent and the Colts for comment.

If Harrison is acquitted and cut by the Colts, we should sign him for the vet minimum. Imagine how good he'd look in a Patriots uniform...
The Commissioner would take our #1 pick for signing a criminal - he won't do anything to the Colts though ;)

Interesting quotes - I don't care if it's "wrong", I hate everything "Colt" and would love to see Marvin become somone's boyfriend.

Wow, when the police questioned him he said he owned a gun, but that he's never taken it out of his house. The police then found the gun hidden in a bucket in his carwash after Harrison's uncle asked the police, "Are you here about the shooting?" Ballistics matched. He also got into a fight with this guy a few weeks ago, then beat him "pretty severely" Tuesday night, then chased the guy down the street after he fled and shot him.

He's lied once to the police already. And an innocent child was injured in the sooting when broken glass hit her. A second person, a woman, was shot in the shoulder and fingered Harrison as the gunman. Dirt bag.

Where are you getting this ?, link ?

Last edited by a moderator:

If he is acquitted why would the Colts cut him?

Interesting quotes - I don't care if it's "wrong", I hate everything "Colt" and would love to see Marvin become somone's boyfriend.

You need to get some ******* perspective. I mean I'm all for the guy going to jail if he broke the law and someone got hurt, but give me a break just because he's a Colt you want to see him raped?

I apologize in advance to those who might be offended....

but I am actually a bit giddy.

You need to get some ******* perspective. I mean I'm all for the guy going to jail if he broke the law and someone got hurt, but give me a break just because he's a Colt you want to see him raped?
LOL, that was just a commonly used phrase for criminals going to jail - I'm assuming that boyfriend stuff in prison isn't real. Maybe it is but I didn't mean it literally.

I wonder how Saint Dungy will spin this one?

He will do exactly what every Christian is doing and that is Harrison, please close your eyes and repeat after me and you are forgiven and Congratulation, you are a Christian.! The entire process takes less than 3 minutes.

Harrison, why do you need to have a lawyer or go to see a judge when you are SAVED by doing what Saint Dungy asks you to do.?

You never believe that you are SAVED that fast.?

Where are you getting this ?, link ?

I didn't have a link at the time because I was trying to type and keep up with the live report, so apologies on that. This was from the Philly reporter who broke the story.

This will really test "tough guy" Goodell if it has any validity. Its easy to suspend guys like Pac Man Jones for the year before they are convicted of anything. Lets see what he does with a good old boy from the Colts, who, if nothing else, is connected to a shooting (whether he did it or not).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back