PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Lovie Smith hired as Texans HC

If I were Lovie, I would have retired after Super Bowl 41. Any time you reach a SB with Rex Grossman as your QB, it's never going to get more impressive than that.

Cal McNair is a clueless, bumbling idiot.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Houston Texans owner Bob McNair reportedly said "we can't have the inmates running the prison" in response to NFL players taking a knee.

Cal McNair was speaking in May at the Texans Charity Golf Classic when he told attendees, “I’m sorry that we couldn’t get together last year, because of the coronavirus.” According to a witness who spoke with Bally Sports, people who heard the remark “gasped,” while McNair and his wife appeared amused.

Another retread Coach getting hired for no reason. He'd have to shave that awful beard. Dude looks like Aaron Glenn.

Wouldn't surprise me if the NFL pressured the Texans to do his after the Flores lawsuit.

Dude's name was not mentioned anywhere all offseason.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Houston Texans owner Bob McNair reportedly said "we can't have the inmates running the prison" in response to NFL players taking a knee.

Cal McNair was speaking in May at the Texans Charity Golf Classic when he told attendees, “I’m sorry that we couldn’t get together last year, because of the coronavirus.” According to a witness who spoke with Bally Sports, people who heard the remark “gasped,” while McNair and his wife appeared amused.
At least Bob made his money all by himself. Cal may have book smarts but has zero self-awareness and is a gullible idiot. He has no idea what he is doing down there.

Caserio must be a Mensa candidate compared to these buffoons.

Fred Sanford is looking down very proud.

wakyb_tnl_700x330.jpg

Another retread Coach getting hired for no reason. He'd have to shave that awful beard. Dude looks like Aaron Glenn.
I agree with you about his mediocre coaching ability.
But c'mon man- that beard is awesome!

.500 in regular and postseason…

Took chi to the sb in ‘06.

I feel like the defense took that chi team to the SB in 06. That's how we ended up with Grossman vs Manning.

Edit: I had to fix my mistake with the year.

Last edited:
At least Bob made his money all by himself. Cal may have book smarts but has zero self-awareness and is a gullible idiot. He has no idea what he is doing down there.

Caserio must be a Mensa candidate compared to these buffoons.
You'd think that, yet Jack Easterby basically runs the whole show.

Read this morning....

Hes smooth.

Last edited:
I would think that in light of the current atmosphere Smith can pretty much blow off any attempted front office interference without much risk of retaliation.

I would think that in light of the current atmosphere Smith can pretty much blow off any attempted front office interference without much risk of retaliation.

He'd get ****canned for cause, and there would be no way to reasonably defend Smith at that point.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back