PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Khalil Mack to Chargers

Mack and Bosa could make quite the duo. The Chargers needed this, their defense was terrible last season.

Good move for Mack getting out of the dead end that was Chicago. Now he's going to enjoy life in LA.

He makes an avg of 20m per over the next three years. With no guaranteed money left I believe. Like 17, 20, 23 or something close to that. He's been a dominant run defender since entering the league as well as one of the best power rushers you'll find. If they can land Davis to put in the middle of them they might be on to something.

I brought up Mack months ago but there was no way he would land here. Flowers or Jones would still be an excellent adds though. Hell of a lot cheaper. Know the system and both are still really good players.

The Bears effectively also receive $90M of the Charger's salary cap, which is nearly always left out of the analysis of the trade.

I’ve seen a lot of mocks that have Jordan Davis to the Chargers at 17… is there a chance they use their 1st elsewhere now, having significant capital tied up in their D line? Trying to talk myself into Davis somehow slipping to 21…

I’ve seen a lot of mocks that have Jordan Davis to the Chargers at 17… is there a chance they use their 1st elsewhere now, having significant capital tied up in their D line? Trying to talk myself into Davis somehow slipping to 21…
Did you just ask if there's a chance mocks can be wrong?

Chargers run d was one of the worst in the league. They were able to hold onto 17 so I would guess Davis would be their target. They could also go Wyatt with a trade back and pick up another pick. I like Leal a lot, especially as a pass rusher.

Bosa, Mack and Davis would definitely do a lot to turn that defense around. Not sure if they pick up Derwin James option or not. He’s damn good but very injury prone. They need secondary help so who knows?

Herbert will need to get paid sooner or later so times ticking but they’ve definitely created a window of opportunity so lets see what they do with it.

They need to fix that run D specifically
LAC is trying to beat Kansas City, a pass heavy team, who was 2nd in pass attempts and 20th in run plays. This is the type of smart, aggressive move that a team needs to make when they're looking up at a division rival. It's the type of move the Patriots should be making as they're looking up at the Bills. Big and bold team building... it's an all-in league now... it worked for the Bucs and the Rams so other franchises will be chasing that formula for success. Check marks so far for the Broncos and Chargers.

Why? We need to acquire Multiple picks with #21, Not to acquire just one player then have only 4/5 picks left for the rest of the weekend.

LAC is trying to beat Kansas City, a pass heavy team, who was 2nd in pass attempts and 20th in run plays. This is the type of smart, aggressive move that a team needs to make when they're looking up at a division rival. It's the type of move the Patriots should be making as they're looking up at the Bills. Big and bold team building... it's an all-in league now... it worked for the Bucs and the Rams so other franchises will be chasing that formula for success. Check marks so far for the Broncos and Chargers.
Yea, looking at the last three SB winners, none of them excelled in the running offense. All three were in the bottom third in the league in rushing ypg. All three were top 5 in passing ypg and points scored (w/ LAR 7th).

Meh. Mack is 31. Might have a couple ok years left.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back