PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Just in time for when Brady will probably retire...

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 hour games is...interesting.

The quality of play will be crap. The gimmicks were the only thing that ever made me tune in.

They should go full-on Baseketball. Stripper-Cheerleaders, Taunting is Required, and a playoff bracket that requires Sheldon Cooper to break down.

A creative integration of sex, football, and instant cash prizes would be a massive hit. Put it on a cable channel at night. If you could work gunplay into it, you'd have an even bigger hit.

This is going to be another massive turd in the punch bowl. For one, they're not going to pull talent from the NFL. So we'll get a water-down version of football akin to the CFL. For another, "Xtreme" is no longer in vogue the way it was in the late 90's. They should try to revive the AFL and use that. McMahon should have just taken the L and left it at that. Maybe they'll change to a coin flip to determine possession now and will have a halftime report.
I don't necessarily agree with your predictions. There are a lot of good players not in the NFL. I think the can make a very entertaining product for a lot less money. Personally, I would rather cheer for players who had character. I would also like to see free agency go away or change dramatically so we can root for players throughout their career. I really enjoy the semi pro teams that make Manchester, NH their home. Tickets are reasonable, the food is great, and the employees act like you are doing THEM a favor.

McMahon is looking to create a new 8 team league with $100M in start up capital. Cut rate and low rent don't even begin to describe what that will put on the field

This is going to be another massive turd in the punch bowl. For one, they're not going to pull talent from the NFL. So we'll get a water-down version of football akin to the CFL. For another, "Xtreme" is no longer in vogue the way it was in the late 90's. They should try to revive the AFL and use that. McMahon should have just taken the L and left it at that. Maybe they'll change to a coin flip to determine possession now and will have a halftime report.

I have always been a big advocate of a five yard neutral zone at the line of scrimmage, it gives the big guys a head of steam before the collision.

Yes!! I can watch “He hate me” again. Or similar names.

i hope it doesnt suck and is good football but i'm not holding my breath.

They absolutely have to get Tebow. That would play to the demographic he is courting. Beyond on that, I don't know how you sell a sports league with inferior talent.

No disrespect to the talented women who work just as hard as the men do, but the WNBA is a perfect example of the fact that people want to see the best in the world, not a pale imitation. For this to have any chance to work, you would have to get 8 billionaires together and go all in. You would have to match the NFL salary cap. And even that wouldn't be enough to attract top tier talent. You would have to guarantee salaries in order to attract top college players and stars from the NFL.

I just don't see any way this can work long term. It might put up some good numbers for a short period because of curiosity and novelty. But that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back