PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: JPP resigns with Giants (update: or not)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually had to go hit his wikipedia page thinking there is no way in hell this guy made it passed grade 5....

I was wrong, the University of South Florida produced this intellectual titan.

Pierre-Paul actually lost the original college football scholarship he was offered because he failed the standard test the state of Florida required for high school graduation.

In pre-draft interviews he blamed his failure on the fact that he was a Creole-speaking Haitian, and thus didn't have enough English to handle the reading sections. Which might be reasonable...if it weren't for the fact that he was actually born and raised in the United States.

i salute JPP for setting the story straight.

1401934372003.jpg

Hightower is more important to the Pats D thn JPP is to...anyone.

These contracts are out of whack. A Von Miller is one thing - he took a team on his back to the SB - but the money they're throwing at these other edge rushers is just crazy.

I'd rather have Ninkovitch from a couple of years ago on the edge than Chandler Jones. Splashy sacks? Great. But consistent play is more important.

Well, I'd give him a thumbs-up, but I wouldn't really expect him to return the favor.

The new deal contained an Oxford Comma that completely threw him off.

Lack of Oxford Comma Could Cost Maine Company Millions in Overtime Dispute

The debate over commas is often a pretty inconsequential one, but it was anything but for the truck drivers. Note the lack of Oxford comma — also known as the serial comma — in the following state law, which says overtime rules do not apply to:

The canning, processing, preserving, freezing, drying, marketing, storing, packing for shipment or distribution of:

(1) Agricultural produce;

(2) Meat and fish products; and

(3) Perishable foods.

Does the law intend to exempt the distribution of the three categories that follow, or does it mean to exempt packing for the shipping or distribution of them?

Delivery drivers distribute perishable foods, but they don’t pack the boxes themselves. Whether the drivers were subject to a law that had denied them thousands of dollars a year depended entirely on how the sentence was read.

Looks like he was just trying to give the overbearing media types a scare. I'll applaud him for that. :D

Someone should update the thread title since the deal looks to be done.

Either way, Giants are overpaying this guy big time.

Damn...always thought he was too young to hand in his resignation. :confused: Big loss for the G men.

4 years.... one year for every finger he has left ;)

I actually had to go hit his wikipedia page thinking there is no way in hell this guy made it passed grade 5....

I was wrong, the University of South Florida produced this intellectual titan.
Let the record show he only attended USF for maybe 1 or 2 semesters and never received a degree from there. He was nothing more than a JUCO filler. However, he is actually a pretty nice guy from a humbling background.

Reactions: jah
Pierre-Paul actually lost the original college football scholarship he was offered because he failed the standard test the state of Florida required for high school graduation.

In pre-draft interviews he blamed his failure on the fact that he was a Creole-speaking Haitian, and thus didn't have enough English to handle the reading sections. Which might be reasonable...if it weren't for the fact that he was actually born and raised in the United States.
... and? Lots of Ameircans born to immigrant parents have difficulty with the language. English is one of the hardest languages to master if it's not spoken in your home while growing up.

And just speaking generally, matters aren't helped if one grows up in an ethnic or inner city community where even where the language is spoken around you, it's rarely spoken well.

The Haitians are numerous enough in Florida to keep to themselves and many do, because that simply makes life easier for the older generation, which means children in those communities are often exposed far more to the language of the old country than to English, and that can really put the second generation behind the 8 ball when it comes to integrating into the broader community.

I'm not sure exactly how much that applies specifically to JPP because I don't know his story, but the second generation immigrant having issues with the language despite being an American by birth? Yeah that's an old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes