PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jim Kelly hanging tough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please feel free to private message me if there is anything I can do to help or if you just want to chat with someone who has recently been down that road.

I had a friend who had been through 2 battles with leukemia who was a great resource for me and my wife. He told us about how cancer will mess with your head & change your priorities in life.

Thank you, brother. I'll get in touch once the dust settles and I can wrap my head around what the doctors suggest, etc.

My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in June of 2017 & In late November I found out I had a 3.7 cm tumor on the base of my tongue, a 2 cm tumor on my lymph nodes & cancer on my voice box. During my biopsy they had to do an emergency tracheotomy & I had two more operations for a feeding tube & chemo port. While I was in ICU my wife had a liver biopsy & found out her breast cancer had spread & she was stage 4.

I went through 35 rounds of radiation & multiple rounds of chemo.

My wife lost her battle in April.

I found out in May that my cancer is now in remission. I have had my feeding tube & chemo port removed & 10 days ago my tracheotomy was removed & the hole has already closed.

I have lost 55 pounds, I have a nasty scar/closed Hole in my neck & my voice sounds terrible, but I am glad to be alive because I have a 10 & 11 year old to raise.

Cancer is hell & I wish Jim Kelly & his family the best. That poor guy has had a rough life since he retired.
I hate that effin' disease. I, like a lot of you, have lost loved ones to this freakin' plague. Stay strong, Joe. Get 'em!

I apologize for tagging onto this post, but I thought it best to put this out there too.

I have been diagnosed with early stage renal carcinoma on my right kidney. Fortunately, for me, it has been caught rather early. However, I won't get to see the surgeons (and those involved) until the 18th of July. Seems the VA still has some long waiting periods.

I'll add an update once I know anything more.

God bless all who have fought, and are fighting, this terrible disease.
Stay strong. Eff Cancer!

I apologize for tagging onto this post, but I thought it best to put this out there too.

I have been diagnosed with early stage renal carcinoma on my right kidney. Fortunately, for me, it has been caught rather early. However, I won't get to see the surgeons (and those involved) until the 18th of July. Seems the VA still has some long waiting periods.

I wish you a speedy recovery. You will be in my thoughts. I’ve never had to deal with someone close to me having cancer before but recently my girlfriend was diagnosed with breast cancer. We are preparing for removal and reconstruction surgery later this month. 12 hour surgery, followed my intensive care and 4-6 weeks of not even being able to raise her arm above her shoulder or pick up anything more than 5 pounds.
But they got it very early so the prognosis is good.
The surgeon told us that within 20 years they will be curing cancer with an innocukation like polio.

Please keep me posted on how you are doing and fight it with all you’ve got.

My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in June of 2017 & In late November I found out I had a 3.7 cm tumor on the base of my tongue, a 2 cm tumor on my lymph nodes & cancer on my voice box. During my biopsy they had to do an emergency tracheotomy & I had two more operations for a feeding tube & chemo port. While I was in ICU my wife had a liver biopsy & found out her breast cancer had spread & she was stage 4.

I went through 35 rounds of radiation & multiple rounds of chemo.

My wife lost her battle in April.

I found out in May that my cancer is now in remission. I have had my feeding tube & chemo port removed & 10 days ago my tracheotomy was removed & the hole has already closed.

I have lost 55 pounds, I have a nasty scar/closed Hole in my neck & my voice sounds terrible, but I am glad to be alive because I have a 10 & 11 year old to raise.

Cancer is hell & I wish Jim Kelly & his family the best. That poor guy has had a rough life since he retired.
God bless you. My deepest sympathies for the loss of your wife.
Stay strong. Your children are lucky to have you.

My dad died from cancer on my sons 15th birthday in 1994. He was 72. My wife and youngest son are now recovering from cancer. In both of their cases, thankfully, they found it early.

For my wife there was a 70% chance that her cancer would return within 3 years in a more aggressive form, but she has been cancer free for 10 years now.

In the case of our son, if he hadn't gotten married and had his wife notice a weird looking spot in the middle of his lower back and then push him to have it checked, then he likely would not have survived. As the doctor told him, he should thank his wife that he's alive. I know that I have... often.

My thoughts and prayers are with your friend, Jim Kelly and anyone else who has to deal with that awful disease. Whatever happens we need to stay positive. I truly think that helps.
All the best to you and your family. You’ve had enough, I wish for good health and good luck for your family’s indefinitely

All the best to you and your family. You’ve had enough, I wish for good health and good luck for your family’s indefinitely

Thanks for the kind words.

Ever since I lost my father to cancer I celebrate every victory I hear about. Kick its ass Gwenn.

Lost grandmother, father & 32 year old sister, mother of 2, to malignant melanoma. Diagnosed with melanoma on my back a couple years ago I had it removed by my dermatologist in her York, ME. office. I thought she was removing my left kidney she dug so deep. So far, the work of The Butcher Of York has stood up.
Last fall, prostrate (sic) cancer returned after 7 year hiatus after my radical prostatectomy but the hormone treatment is working so far. Hot flashes and a perverse desire to spend a night of unbridled passion with fnord are the side effects.
Get your PSA checked & tracked and ignore the BS about false positives. It's the rate of change that signifies something worth following up on. I have 2 neighbors who ignored this and are now really badly off. It eats bone. Attacked their pelvis & backbone. Not good.
Old age is a ***** but better than the alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back