PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jim Kelly hanging tough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts and prayers, Jim Kelly

You can do this!

It’s sad that he’s had to deal with having this stuff come back.

But he’s beat it before! Hopefully he can beat it again!

I met him at SB 38 in Jacksonville.

He was having a beer and hotdog with his brother at the Amsterdam bar just across from the stadium.

Here's a question that just popped into my mind. Would Kelly have won a Super Bowl if he had played in the salary cap era? I remember him being that good. The K-gun no huddle offense was lethal at times. Anyway just a thought.

Here's a question that just popped into my mind. Would Kelly have won a Super Bowl if he had played in the salary cap era? I remember him being that good. The K-gun no huddle offense was lethal at times. Anyway just a thought.

I think the best shot he had was against the Giants (and not because of the missed kick...the game should have never come down to needing that kick). The Bills were loaded offensively but the defensive plan of the Giants was superior. The genius of BB haunted Buffalo even back then.

Praying for Jim Kelly and all who are fighting through this horrendous disease!

I dunno know. I respect Kelly but I thought in the big games he tried to do too much. Typically that does not end well.

I dunno know. I respect Kelly but I thought in the big games he tried to do too much. Typically that does not end well.

IMO that's one of the things that separates Brady from everyone else. The studs, like Marino, PEDton and so many others, will try to force the ball in some situations. Brady rarely if ever does.

I think Kelly could have won in the salary cap era. Heck, he should have won SB25, but his D could not get off the field against a mediocre Giants offense. I wonder who has bigger nightmares about Hostettler's performance that day: Kelly or Phil Simms?

Regards,
Chris

Always liked the guy. Rooted for the Bills in their SBs. Wish him a successful recovery and long life.

I got to say I admigher Jim Kelly and anyone fighting cancer. My mother died from it years ago and I get emotional when I think of it. I kind of rut for him leaving the hospital early. I have been in hospital since April 3, I newly died and still have loved to be with my loved ones ,(I miss my dog).

IMO that's one of the things that separates Brady from everyone else. The studs, like Marino, PEDton and so many others, will try to force the ball in some situations. Brady rarely if ever does.
I mean, those were very good Bills teams. If one was to examine why they lost 4 Super Bowls....

#1-outcoached, missed kick.
#2-outmuscled
#3-outmuscled
#4-outmuscled

Those Bills teams were tough and talented but they were not a big, physical team. They were a classic Polian team. Everything was built behind a QB who would carry the team and a fast defense with a fierce pass rush. Going up against a big, physical team, they became rattled and outfought.

Jim Kelly works football camp days after surgery: “My heart is in it”

Jim Kelly’s football camp was already on the schedule. So he wasn’t going to let something as minor as surgery keep him away from it.

Three days after his latest procedure which was part of his cancer treatment, the Hall of Fame quarterback was playing flag football at his annual camp.

This is my life,” Kelly said, via Jack Goods of the Buffalo News. “This is why I do it. If you don’t love it doing it for 31 years, then something is wrong with you. My heart is in it.”

One of my best friends has a brain tumor at age 31. He’s in for the fight of his life.

As I keep telling him though, help is around the corner. Recent breakthroughs in cancer have been incredible and I feel there are more on the horizon, particularly in the immunotherapy realm.

Vibes and hope to everyone who has to deal with cancers effect on them and their loved ones including Jim Kelly and @Pats Fanatic. And probably everyone else in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back