PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jim Kelly hanging tough

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my best friends has a brain tumor at age 31. He’s in for the fight of his life.

As I keep telling him though, help is around the corner. Recent breakthroughs in cancer have been incredible and I feel there are more on the horizon, particularly in the immunotherapy realm.

Vibes and hope to everyone who has to deal with cancers effect on them and their loved ones including Jim Kelly and @Pats Fanatic. And probably everyone else in this forum.
All of my best to your buddy. I’m rooting for him. He’s lucky to have a good friend like you.

F Cancer. Hopefully one day there will be a sure fire means of going Ray Lewis on cancer’s ass and killing it off for good.

My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in June of 2017 & In late November I found out I had a 3.7 cm tumor on the base of my tongue, a 2 cm tumor on my lymph nodes & cancer on my voice box. During my biopsy they had to do an emergency tracheotomy & I had two more operations for a feeding tube & chemo port. While I was in ICU my wife had a liver biopsy & found out her breast cancer had spread & she was stage 4.

I went through 35 rounds of radiation & multiple rounds of chemo.

My wife lost her battle in April.

I found out in May that my cancer is now in remission. I have had my feeding tube & chemo port removed & 10 days ago my tracheotomy was removed & the hole has already closed.

I have lost 55 pounds, I have a nasty scar/closed Hole in my neck & my voice sounds terrible, but I am glad to be alive because I have a 10 & 11 year old to raise.

Cancer is hell & I wish Jim Kelly & his family the best. That poor guy has had a rough life since he retired.

My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in June of 2017 & In late November I found out I had a 3.7 cm tumor on the base of my tongue, a 2 cm tumor on my lymph nodes & cancer on my voice box. During my biopsy they had to do an emergency tracheotomy & I had two more operations for a feeding tube & chemo port. While I was in ICU my wife had a liver biopsy & found out her breast cancer had spread & she was stage 4.

I found out in May that my cancer is now in remission. I have had my feeding tube & chemo port removed & 10 days ago my tracheotomy was removed & the hole has already closed.

I have lost 55 pounds, I have a nasty scar/closed Hole in my neck & my voice sounds terrible, but I am glad to be alive because I have a 10 & 11 year old to raise.

Cancer is hell & I wish Jim Kelly & his family the best. That poor guy has had a rough life since he retired.

GOD BLESS YOU "CUP"!!!!

sorry for the all caps but in this case it seemed merited

A heartbreaking story. Sounds like you are finally headed in a better direction. Stay strong and enjoy every day with your kids.

Stay strong Joe, thoughts and prayers to you and family.

One of my best friends has a brain tumor at age 31. He’s in for the fight of his life.

As I keep telling him though, help is around the corner. Recent breakthroughs in cancer have been incredible and I feel there are more on the horizon, particularly in the immunotherapy realm.

Vibes and hope to everyone who has to deal with cancers effect on them and their loved ones including Jim Kelly and @Pats Fanatic. And probably everyone else in this forum.

My dad died from cancer on my sons 15th birthday in 1994. He was 72. My wife and youngest son are now recovering from cancer. In both of their cases, thankfully, they found it early.

For my wife there was a 70% chance that her cancer would return within 3 years in a more aggressive form, but she has been cancer free for 10 years now.

In the case of our son, if he hadn't gotten married and had his wife notice a weird looking spot in the middle of his lower back and then push him to have it checked, then he likely would not have survived. As the doctor told him, he should thank his wife that he's alive. I know that I have... often.

My thoughts and prayers are with your friend, Jim Kelly and anyone else who has to deal with that awful disease. Whatever happens we need to stay positive. I truly think that helps.

Cancer can go **** itself, I'm so sick of watching it take the lives of some amazing people

Man. So sorry for your loss. Wish you the best.

So sorry for your loss. Prayers sent for you and your kids, and that the good Lord rests and keeps your dear departed wife's immortal soul.

And in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, may you kick this cancer's ass.

jeezus !!

prayers to you and your family.

I apologize for tagging onto this post, but I thought it best to put this out there too.

I have been diagnosed with early stage renal carcinoma on my right kidney. Fortunately, for me, it has been caught rather early. However, I won't get to see the surgeons (and those involved) until the 18th of July. Seems the VA still has some long waiting periods.

I'll add an update once I know anything more.

God bless all who have fought, and are fighting, this terrible disease.

God bless you my friend!

I apologize for tagging onto this post, but I thought it best to put this out there too.

I have been diagnosed with early stage renal carcinoma on my right kidney. Fortunately, for me, it has been caught rather early. However, I won't get to see the surgeons (and those involved) until the 18th of July. Seems the VA still has some long waiting periods.

Hey Gwedd, hang in there and PLEASE keep us posted.

Sending prayers your way Gweed.

Please feel free to private message me if there is anything I can do to help or if you just want to chat with someone who has recently been down that road.

I had a friend who had been through 2 battles with leukemia who was a great resource for me and my wife. He told us about how cancer will mess with your head & change your priorities in life.

Wishing a speedy recovery. My daug got his autograph one time in Fla when she was 16. She was in a private club with someone. He only signed dollar bills at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back