PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jeudy to Browns

Amari Cooper, Jerry Jeudy and David N and Watson and Chubb
Pretty damn good skill set for Browns

I wouldn’t include Watson in that group. Watson has been mediocre since he got back from suspension. Something tells me that guaranteeing a player with a questionable character a quarter of a billion dollars is a recipe for him to not give a crap anymore.

His impact was so incredible that he played smackdab in the middle of the greatest 18 year run in NFL history, a run that saw the Patriots win 6 Super Bowls, and he didn’t win a single one. Great impact.
TBF Asante Samuel and the refs hiding their whistles on blatant holding screwed moss out of a ring.

4th and 5th rounders I believe
That is correct. In this years draft (which I wouldn't have offered because our picks would be more valuable. At best, I would have given up Mac for him.

Why would we not have done a trade like that? Our 5th probably trumps their 5+6th.

Is he not worth it? This place spent all offseason last year telling me how good he is.
I'm not convinced that he could be as good as some say that he could be.

Is this accurate? That's wild if true.

Edit: Some real quick research and I think it's actually Kadarius Toney who is the most recent but still equally as valid a point.
You’re right. My bad.

Amari Cooper, Jerry Jeudy and David N and Watson and Chubb
Pretty damn good skill set for Browns

Watson is washed. Jeudy is a jag that they are paying $12m for 1 year (5th year option) and Chubb might not be Chubb anymore after the horrific knee injury

Damn, the Mac Jones for Jerry Juedy trade rumor I started is now dead :-(

Good trade for Browns.

I would have liked to have Juedy, add a day 2 option in the draft, sign Barkley and the offense looks way better.

Jeudy is playing on a 13m 5th year right now. It’ll be interesting to see if they can work out a deal.

And yes, he’s better than anything on the FA market this year, and I would have loved for the Pats to get him IF they could work out a deal…but NO, I wouldn’t have given up any high picks for him.

I'd have offered Mac straight up for Jeudy. Maybe throw in a 6th if needed to seal it.

I'd have offered Mac straight up for Jeudy. Maybe throw in a 6th if needed to seal it.
I wouldn't have traded for Jeudy under a 1-year $12M contract. Compensation is irrelevant to me.

I wonder if the Rams would take trade calls for Cooper Kupp to get out of the contract. Puca Nacua has replaced him, and he seems to be on the downside of his career. That said, he’s still very good and would be valuable to give a rookie QB, and his salary is pretty manageable for the next couple years.

His impact was so incredible that he played smackdab in the middle of the greatest 18 year run in NFL history, a run that saw the Patriots win 6 Super Bowls, and he didn’t win a single one. Great impact.
He was the catalyst for the 1998 Vikings who would've gone to the Super Bowl had a lights out kicker not missed a routine kick. They aren't 15-1 without him. He was also the catalyst for the 2007 Pats undefeated regular season. They had no business losing the Super Bowl, so no excuse there. But at least Randy admitted he didn't show up enough.

With that said, he and Brady easily win multiple Super Bowls if Moss was younger. He also only played 2 full seasons with Tom and traded in early 2010. Moss, Gronk, Welker/Edelman would've been a hell of a show.

Why would we not have done a trade like that? Our 5th probably trumps their 5+6th.

Is he not worth it? This place spent all offseason last year telling me how good he is.

He's much better suited on a team like the Browns around that talent. Jeudy is good and can create a mismatch if he isn't WR1. I think he'd be tasked with too much here.

I also think people overrated him. He's good but gets a lot more drool than I think deserved.

He was the catalyst for the 1998 Vikings who would've gone to the Super Bowl had a lights out kicker not missed a routine kick. They aren't 15-1 without him. He was also the catalyst for the 2007 Pats undefeated regular season. They had no business losing the Super Bowl, so no excuse there. But at least Randy admitted he didn't show up enough.

With that said, he and Brady easily win multiple Super Bowls if Moss was younger. He also only played 2 full seasons with Tom and traded in early 2010. Moss, Gronk, Welker/Edelman would've been a hell of a show.
2010..wow time flies..

Amazing insight. I didn’t realize he also played defense.
His impact on that team was incredible. But hey, according to you, WR don’t matter.
Blame for 2007 rests mostly on D. The most dynamic attack of all time should have scored much much more than they did and the D - until the final, devastating drive - was more than sufficient.

I loved Moss. But he was unable to win a championship despite playing on two teams who seemed unstoppable : MIN & NE.

Yet another “cant-miss” high-first round pick WR who turned into a giant bust. DrAfT MhJ crowd in shambles.

As a reminder, the most recently drafted WR in the first round to have won a championship is Phillip Dorsett.

All together now: Wide receivers. Don’t. Matter.
Edit: As per SBB, I misinterpreted your post.

In addition to the aforementioned Toney, you missed the Rams' Odell (12th), the Chiefs' SWatkins (picked 4th), and the Bucs' Mike Evans (7th), coincidentally the top 3 WRs taken in the 2014 draft. Instead of those 3, the teams should've picked Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater, Carr, or El Guapo.

Last edited:

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back