PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jeudy to Browns

In addition to the aforementioned Toney, you missed the Rams' Odell (12th), the Chiefs' SWatkins (picked 4th), and the Bucs' Mike Evans (7th), coincidentally the top 3 WRs taken in the 2014 draft. Instead of those 3, the teams should've picked Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater, Carr, or El Guapo.
He's talking about when they were drafted not when they won. Since 2015 unless we missed someone else only Toney and Dorsett were drafted in the first Rd and won a SB so far. It seemed wild to me too so I had to go back and look too.

JJs career trajectory as a receiver is probably slightly behind Vincent Brisby, an afterthought. Wouldn’t mind him as a 3rd option but Pats don’t have two guys ahead of him

JJs career trajectory as a receiver is probably slightly behind Vincent Brisby, an afterthought. Wouldn’t mind him as a 3rd option but Pats don’t have two guys ahead of him
Brisby's first couple years were pretty good actually not a terrible comp maybe even slightly better if you adjust for the passing era. Problem is Brisby fell off instead of getting better. Juedy can still avoid that and improve.

Yet another “cant-miss” high-first round pick WR who turned into a giant bust. DrAfT MhJ crowd in shambles.

As a reminder, the most recently drafted WR in the first round to have won a championship is Phillip Dorsett.

All together now: Wide receivers. Don’t. Matter.
Yet most top sides have very good WR? If you don't have a generational talent at QB who can elevate your WR then WR do matter

I wouldn’t include Watson in that group. Watson has been mediocre since he got back from suspension. Something tells me that guaranteeing a player with a questionable character a quarter of a billion dollars is a recipe for him to not give a crap anymore.
After watching Denver and Cleveland, the last thing I want the Pats to do is trade a bunch of resources and invest in a big contract to bring in an established veteran as the QB of the future. Those teams won't recover for years. The only place that it worked was the Rams and Stafford.

Amazing insight. I didn’t realize he also played defense.
His impact on that team was incredible. But hey, according to you, WR don’t matter.
Actually Moss did get an interception versus Denver I think. He was in there at hail Mary time and had better success than Gronk vs Miami.

I wouldn’t include Watson in that group. Watson has been mediocre since he got back from suspension. Something tells me that guaranteeing a player with a questionable character a quarter of a billion dollars is a recipe for him to not give a crap anymore.

Yep.

Why would we not have done a trade like that? Our 5th probably trumps their 5+6th.

Is he not worth it? This place spent all offseason last year telling me how good he is.
we only have 7 draft picks this year (our own). Not much draft capital as in the past and we need every pick we can get. That is why i think we might trade back to get more picks

After watching Denver and Cleveland, the last thing I want the Pats to do is trade a bunch of resources and invest in a big contract to bring in an established veteran as the QB of the future. Those teams won't recover for years. The only place that it worked was the Rams and Stafford.
It worked for Tampa and it worked for Denver. It might be working for Detroit.

It worked for Tampa and it worked for Denver. It might be working for Detroit.
True, the common thread for Tampa, Denver and the Rams is bringing someone in to add to an already stacked team for a short window. I should have clarified that bringing in a mid career veteran to build around is where things fall down, partly because QB's available are available for a reason. The other killer is the massive contracts that hand cuff the team and limit the ability to change course if things don't work out.

Because he will be a free agent in twelve months.
I would have given a 5th. Low price to get 1 year production and figure out if you want to sign him long term. It was a no brainer IMO.

Come again? What has he done in his career so far that warrants $41 million guaranteed over three years?
Jeudy is still very Young now he'll be paired with a True #1 in A Cooper and playing with a Real QB in D Watson. Cleveland got some Offense and won't just let Mahomes and the Chiefs walk straight out of the AFC to another SB. Those $$$$$$$ for a WR will seem like pennies when the likes of Jefferson and Lamb resigns.

Come again? What has he done in his career so far that warrants $41 million guaranteed over three years?
Damm I would not pay that for someone who has not caught a 1000 yards after several years in the league. He is also light so not sure how long he can keep taking the punishment.

Damm I would not pay that for someone who has not caught a 1000 yards after several years in the league. He is also light so not sure how long he can keep taking the punishment.
We signed an Injuried soon to be washed up Juju those who live in glass house shouldn't throw stones. We should be the last to talk about other Teams and their WR's. Who do we have again?? Oh Pop Douglas. :rolleyes:

Just a bit more than the Jakobi/Juju/Parker range. Not a bad deal honestly for either side.
Lol, come again? Just a bit more?

Not even close to Jeudy’s deal. That includes Parker’s deal.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back