PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets trade for Panthers OT Otah

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, they did bring in one of the best locker room guys in the NFL in Tebow.
Whoa, I wouldnt bank on that, you ever been around a raging christian? It wears on a lot of people fast. He could rip it apart faster never mind bring it together.

I know you are a raging Patriot homer with no shame, and will use every opportunity to dump on the Jets...

But do you really think the Jets/Tannenbaum didn't know about Otah's history?

The trade had a 7 day clause in it for him to pass a physical before consumating the deal... That tells you right there the Jets are looking to take a chance on a player that was a highly regarded prospect with the probable intent to make him a reclamation project for future considerations.

Pretty much what the Pats tried to do with Ocho Cinco and Haynesworth last year, and you and everybody in this thread dumping on the Jets for this move, you all put up rose petals and more enshrinement for the mastermind Belichick when he made the move.

Man, you are shameless... :rolleyes:

LOL! I have already said it was a low risk high reward type of move. I was just making fun of Jets homers like you who point to this deal as Tannebaum is a genius because he got "one of the league's top RTs for nothing" except he has missed the last two seasons.

BTW, I was never a fan of the Haynesworth trade no matter how you spun it. I just tried to be optimistic. My dislike of the trade was well documented.

BTW, you are the same guy who called Brandon Lloyd Ochocinco 2.0 because you claimed Lloyd was 33 and washed up. Lloyd doesn't have the same question marks as Otah.

But your obsession with me Rah!Rah! is touching.

Wait, what?

If both were healthy and the Pats didn't need to hide their cheating by acting like a sector 51 CIA operation....

Yes, much better to have a lockerroom and overall atmosphere that even a tool like LdT called the worst he had even seen.

And cheating? Really? Lazy and inaccurate attempt at an insult.

Save it, I read his post just fine, it was lame, and shameless, like most of them are.

LOL! Apparently not, since I was making fun of you and Jets fans like you and you didn't get it. I wasn't commenting on Otah at all.

Let me explain it real slow to you. Right now Jets homers like you are claiming Tannenbaum is genius because he got the top RT in the league for nothing. If Otah doesn't pass his physical and the trade is nulified, you will say Otah is a bum and the Jets are much better off with Hunter who is a far better RT.

I am happy to see that I am making you look like the idiot you are without even trying. Your inability to comprehend anything I write along with your stalker like obsession with me is having you look like an idiot trying to expose me as a homer is backfiring greatly. I guess I shouldn't take too much credit because you are looking like a fool mostly because you have a third grade reading level rather than anything I actually post.

Last edited:
Rah Rah always steps on his d!ck....lost in all the commotion is the fact that there exists the greatest motherlode of insane, inane, fanboy pom pom waving in the history of internet sports boards at anyone's disposal...just go to J.I and go back in the archive to the Gholston draft...and then read Rah Rah 19 go 4th of July with over the top declarations of "beastness!!!" and "greatness"...of course, when you get to the segment of posts where he outlines how the Jets TRICKED the Pats into taking Mayo, you might want to be sitting down...also have a good supply of meds on hand to suppress the uncontrollable fits of loud raucous laughter as the"Ray Ray Theory" unfolds. If you ever doubted the existence of parallel universes, THIS will change your mind.

Save it, I read his post just fine, it was lame, and shameless, like most of them are.

If you read it, you obviously did not comprehend it. How sad for you. :(

LOL! Apparently not, since I was making fun of you and Jets fans like you and you didn't get it. I wasn't commenting on Otah at all.

Let me explain it real slow to you. Right now Jets homers like you are claiming Tannenbaum is genius because he got the top RT in the league for nothing. If Otah doesn't pass his physical and the trade is nulified, you will say Otah is a bum and the Jets are much better off with Hunter who is a far better RT.

I am happy to see that I am making you look like the idiot you are without even trying. Your inability to comprehend anything I write along with your stalker like obsession with me is having you look like an idiot trying to expose me as a homer is backfiring greatly. I guess I shouldn't take too much credit because you are looking like a fool mostly because you have a third grade reading level rather than anything I actually post.

Nobody is calling Tannenbaum a genius for anything you clown homer.

Most fans have the move pretty well evaluated.

It's a low risk move with the potential for a very high upside if the player can get healthy and back on track on what was once a very promising career.

He's still young, only 26, and for a conditional 7th, again, if healthy, it could be a huge move.

Jets are taking a shot at it, and why not, it put the OL into elite status if Otah can bounce back.

I also don't think the move is a neccessary indictment on Hunter, who seems to be a scapegoat for many Jets fans, many of them, clueless.

The only idiot is the one you see in the mirror everyday. It just kills you that you're so transparent and I can see right through it.

Last edited:

It's a low risk move with the potential for a very high upside if the player can get healthy and back on track on what was once a very promising career.

He's still young, only 26, and for a conditional 7th, again, if healthy, it could be a huge move.

Jets are taking a shot at it, and why not, it put the OL into elite status if Otah can bounce back.

I also don't think the move is a neccessary indictment on Hunter, who seems to be a scapegoat for many Jets fans, many of them, clueless.

The only idiot is the one you see in the mirror everyday. It just kills you that you're so transparent and I can see right through it.
this-cannot-be-real.gif

Elite status? The Jets have one elite player on their offense let alone the line in Nick Mangold.

Even if Tebow lays hands on Otah and suddenly he's a good RT again, the Jets OL isn't near elite. Every objective rating service has them currently in the high teens to low 20's. Replacing Hunter with Otah would move them to around 12th or 13th. That's not elite, that's a little above average.

And that's only made possible by the fact that every service is acting like the D'Brick is still an elite LT, despite last year's performance. That's a bit of hopeful thinking, that last year was a blip, not a trend. If you factor in the reasonable possibility that he's starting to fall off, you'd need a high performance from Otah to stay in the teens. If Otah doesn't show up strong, and D'Brick continues to perform at best as an average LT, the line only has one strong performer left in Mangold, and slides into the mid twenties.

Last edited:
success??? ....almost every time Tebow makes a throw the only thing he hits is dirt or sideline out of bounds....nah, let him "lay hands" on Otah and the lineman may end up lining up as a WR...

LOL! First, nothing about you kills me except possibly when I fall over laughing at your posts. Nothing about you threatens me at all. In fact, I feel bad sometimes playing with you because of your obvious low IQ and mental instability. I know you have kids and I fear for them when I get riled up.

Second, I have no agenda. I pretty much say what I think. Your mental illness makes you create these weird scenarios in you mind that I am trying to give this appearance of being unbiased to push a hidden homer agenda.

Third, getting Otah was not an indictment on Hunter. Hunter's play last year was an indictment on Hunter. Hunter sucked last year. Yes, the rest of the line did too, but he was the worst of the bunch. Also, this might be more of an indictment of Ducasse who might be cut if the Otah trade sticks.

Fourth, you have consistently talked about the genius of Tannebaum and how he is so much smarter than the rest of the league. Fact is he is a horrible talent evaluator who has whiffed three drafts in a row (2008-2010) and 2011 is looking to shape up to be ok with only two players who will produce. He way overspent on Pace and Bart Scott and gave a ridiculously stupid contract to Holmes.

Fifth, Otah has missed basically two season for injuries to the same left knee. Odds are good that he will never be close to what he was before the injuries and his career will be short. It is a very low risk move on the Jets part, but it is because the odds of Otah making a contribution is small.

heh....remember when Sanchez signed his extension, Rob??? THIS is the pure essence of Rayge Rayge mania....

Ray Ray19
Not a SOJF
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
Yes, stuck.

Only the uber homers on this board such as yourself and sg3 already view Sanchez as a Top 10 QB. The reality is, he's not close to that at this point in time.

There was no need for this. The only way this makes sense is if we end up bringing in a guy like Mario Williams. If no Peyton, then the Jets should've rode out this season with Sanchez on his current deal and if he showed significant improvement, THEN sign him to an extension next offseason.

If he takes us to the AFCCG twice in the next three years, while you're crying about his contract, then I LOVE being "STUCK"

He got the same money as Kevin Kolb and Ryan Fitspatrick, and that money isn't even guaranteed

There WAS A need for the move, on several levels, you are just too naive, or too caught up in your mindless and baseless agenda to see it.

- Frees up a huge amount of cap space
- Converts money into guaranteed money that already existed on his existing deal
- New money isn't guaranteed, Jets have an out after the next 2 years if need be
- Despite the media SPUN off-season, it sends a huge statement to Sanchez himself, and the so-called "unnamed sources," or any other doubter that they are committed to Sanchez and the body of work the last 3 years provides PLENTY of just reasoning. This is big because the locker room doesn't have to wonder about the QB of the team, they don't have to wonder if he's a lame duck or not, they can either strap it on and get on board, or be gone.

It was a HUGE move, the right move, a savvy move, a fiscally positive move, a GREAT move!!!!

"It was a HUGE move, the right move, a savvy move, a fiscally positive move, a GREAT move!!!!"....sounds like he's talking about taking a dump, doesn't it??:wha:

success??? ....almost every time Tebow makes a throw the only thing he hits is dirt or sideline out of bounds....nah, let him "lay hands" on Otah and the lineman may end up lining up as a WR...

Apostate! :eek:

I bet you have secret erotic dreams of Tebow "laying hands" on you, you-know-where :p

c'mon man...are you insinuating Lord Tim may be a little pumped up in the innersoles?

if he "laid hands" on me he 'd throw his back out for life...I ain't exactly Sven Svelte....more like a Swedish meatball....wait...what's with these double entendres???

Whoa, I wouldnt bank on that, you ever been around a raging christian? It wears on a lot of people fast. He could rip it apart faster never mind bring it together.

I'll take a raging christian over a raging muslim any day of the week.

this-cannot-be-real.gif

Elite status? The Jets have one elite player on their offense let alone the line in Nick Mangold.

Are you denying the Jets had one of the best OL's in the league when Wooldy was at RT?

heh....remember when Sanchez signed his extension, Rob??? THIS is the pure essence of Rayge Rayge mania....

Ray Ray19
Not a SOJF
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
Yes, stuck.

Only the uber homers on this board such as yourself and sg3 already view Sanchez as a Top 10 QB. The reality is, he's not close to that at this point in time.

There was no need for this. The only way this makes sense is if we end up bringing in a guy like Mario Williams. If no Peyton, then the Jets should've rode out this season with Sanchez on his current deal and if he showed significant improvement, THEN sign him to an extension next offseason.

If he takes us to the AFCCG twice in the next three years, while you're crying about his contract, then I LOVE being "STUCK"

He got the same money as Kevin Kolb and Ryan Fitspatrick, and that money isn't even guaranteed

There WAS A need for the move, on several levels, you are just too naive, or too caught up in your mindless and baseless agenda to see it.

- Frees up a huge amount of cap space
- Converts money into guaranteed money that already existed on his existing deal
- New money isn't guaranteed, Jets have an out after the next 2 years if need be
- Despite the media SPUN off-season, it sends a huge statement to Sanchez himself, and the so-called "unnamed sources," or any other doubter that they are committed to Sanchez and the body of work the last 3 years provides PLENTY of just reasoning. This is big because the locker room doesn't have to wonder about the QB of the team, they don't have to wonder if he's a lame duck or not, they can either strap it on and get on board, or be gone.

It was a HUGE move, the right move, a savvy move, a fiscally positive move, a GREAT move!!!!

"It was a HUGE move, the right move, a savvy move, a fiscally positive move, a GREAT move!!!!"....sounds like he's talking about taking a dump, doesn't it??:wha:

That was a great post!!

Are you denying the Jets had one of the best OL's in the league when Wooldy was at RT?
I'm not denying anything because I'm openly telling you that the Jets only have one elite player on offense who happens to be Nick Mangold. Hell you only have two elite players in your squad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes