Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Winston’s likely suspension threatening Bucs’ season

Winston’s not necessarily safe either. I don’t think the Bucs are going to move on him now, but it’s fair to ask whether this will affect their willingness to go through with his $20.922 million option for 2019. That money is guaranteed for injury only, and so if he can pass a physical in March, the team can cut him without penalty. Would they? Through three years, and 45 starts, he’s got a 69-44 TD-INT ratio and an 87.2 passer rating. Good, but not great numbers—and certainly not enough to make him complete safe if a new coach and/or GM is evaluating the organization top-to-bottom seven months from now, particularly with the standard pay on new deals for franchise quarterbacks now in the neighborhood of $30 million per year.

I forgot who did it, but I got somewhat roasted in the draft forum for inferring that the guy is an idiot, both on and off the field. Three years later, and he's thrown 44 INTs (almost one per start) in spite of having some pretty decent weapons to work with since being in Tampa. I don't care for the league sticking their noses in on things like this (it should be handled through the courts), but he shouldn't be surprised about this given that A) the league is run by Goodell and B) he has a history of being accused of this sort of thing.

Winston-Crablegs2_0.jpg

If mods want to move this, feel free. But this is the slow season and I thought I would post in here.

It would be a moderately interesting storyline if he changed teams next year as the article insinuates might happen.

He's got browns written all over him, wouldn't be surprised to see him and 2 1's go to Cleveland for mayfield.

It would be a moderately interesting storyline if he changed teams next year as the article insinuates might happen.

I think they'll re-up him and fire Koetter first. Another offensive mind will probably be brought in to see if they can work with him on reading defenses.

Tampa should cut him. They won’t win a SB with him anyway.

So he’ll miss matchups vs. Saints, Eagles and Steelers.

Bold prediction: they still beat the Steelers anyway. Steelers are always famous for playing down to weaker competition.

Also, guess who will take his place in the mean time?

Our old pal Fitzpatrick. :D

They won’t lose much in the INT department.

I know the Browns are a meme and all but why would they give up on a guy they just took #1 overall?

Hue is gone after this season(Honestly the most browns thing would be to keep him and still make that trade).

The browns seem like the type of team that will quickly give up on a player(Richardson, Maziel, Kizer, etc etc etc)

So in short i think a new regime is going to come in, and not want to be stuck with a QB the team that won 1 game in 2(3?) years put in place. Get some high draft picks, a proven(if mentally challenged) QB.

He's got browns written all over him, wouldn't be surprised to see him and 2 1's go to Cleveland for mayfield.

Same state but I see the bengals in this guys future.

Isn't this the type of situation where Fitzpatrick thrives? He'll do really well and next year he'll get a huge contract to be a starter, then he'll suck again.

Hue is gone after this season(Honestly the most browns thing would be to keep him and still make that trade).

The browns seem like the type of team that will quickly give up on a player(Richardson, Maziel, Kizer, etc etc etc)

So in short i think a new regime is going to come in, and not want to be stuck with a QB the team that won 1 game in 2(3?) years put in place. Get some high draft picks, a proven(if mentally challenged) QB.
A possible landing spot to coach Mayfield for McDaniels?
I'll start the threads early lol.

The NFL deciding that it should keep being an arm of the police, and then giving a player a shorter suspension for grabbing a woman's crotch than for taking a little bit of air out of a football.

I truly hate the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots