PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jaguars fire Urban Meyers

I disagree, but only time will tell. I would bet the farm that he will never coach at a Power 5 school again.
Oh, I never said he would coach again. I have no idea what he wants to do. I am just saying there are a lot of programs - including some of the most prestigious football schools in the country - who would gladly take him.
The fans might not care, but the AD and the people who have to clean up his messes care very much. And most importantly the Mamas that will be sending their boys to play at said school care very much about the coach. It's adorable that you don't seem to understand how college recruitment really happens and how important the head coach is to all those parents that plan to send their sons to be mentored by this man really is! I suggest you go google some of the interviews of the parents and how they feel about the head coaches.
I suggest you put aside the childlike naivete and learn how recruiting really works at the top levels of college football. Oh sure, in TV interviews, it's all talk about how important values and ethics are. Meanwhile, in the real world, it's about money, exposure, and prepping someone for the NFL draft.

Do you honestly believe Deion Sanders stole Travis Hunter from FSU on promises to mold him into a responsible, fine young man? Seriously. Join us in the real world.

If/when Lawrence flames out, he has nobody to blame but himself.

As mentioned above, this seems to fill the bill for 'cause'.
I hopefully imagine Khan was waiting for something like this,
and will sic all the ugly angry lawyers and spies on the bum.

Meyer is already unstable. Make him crack.

Meyer countersues, discovery
Emails. Pics of cheerleaders, and who knows what
It is there.

Things to talk about in the off season.

It really irks me to think of Meyer
collecting tens of millions.
No.

A better ending is we revisit the OJ White Bronco chase
with good clips of him screaming at the windshield
My angst about Aaron Hernandez has crossed over a bit here.
Meyer's Fault.

Meyer Derangement Syndrome
I'll be fine
Sad thing? How much would I bet, if I did bet, that there
are colleges already on the phone with the sob?
Khan shares responsibility for bringing him on as coach. I have no sympathy for a billionaire "owner". Hope he gets soaked.

There must be 50 ways to leave your franchise....

Just write on the bill, Bill,
Just blow ‘em off, Josh,
Just act like a perv, Urb,
And set yourself free!
Just call Goodell a p---y, Chucky,
And set yourself free!

If his daughter puts herself on the line to stand up for him, at least he’s done something right.
Guess she hasn't joined daddy on the dance floor yet...

Jesus H. Christ, man.
Hey, I didn't do the photoshop. Zuckerberg's Law requires that if it is on the internets, it be shared.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Nice thread, PP2. I thought about a starting a rag on Meyer thread as well before the firing went down.

He was a train wreck that hurt the Jags, and my damned fantasy team. James. Robinson.

I predicted this would happen the moment he was hired.

Big-time college coaches are dumpster fires.

Also, I don't even care about his personal problems. They just can't lead professional football teams.

They're used to a bunch of kids with nothing much else going on in their lives, not grown men with wives and kids. They're also used to being able to schedule cupcakes.

And Pete Carroll doesn't count (as someone said). He was an NFL Head Coach twice before USC.

Last edited:
I predicted this would happen the moment he was hired.

Big-time college coaches are dumpster fires.

Also, I don't even care about his personal problems. They just can't lead professional football teams.

They're used to a bunch of kids with nothing much else going on in their lives, not grown men with wives and kids. They're also used to being able to schedule cupcakes.

And Pete Carroll doesn't count (as someone said). He was an NFL Head Coach twice before USC.
Jimmy Johnson?

Nice thread, PP2. I thought about a starting a rag on Meyer thread as well before the firing went down.

He was a train wreck that hurt the Jags, and my damned fantasy team. James. Robinson.

My one regret was starting this thread too late. I should have started it around the time Meyers went and shoved his skank crotch on a girl who didn't know any better.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back