PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Jags move another step closer to London......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shed83

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Shahid Khan (Jacksonville owner) has just submitted a bid of £600m to buy Wembley Stadium from the FA (England soccer association) with the objective of moving the Jags to London.

Money ruins everything!

Here's a PFT story on it with links to the original articles.
Report: Shad Khan to buy Wembley Stadium

I just don't understand how the logistics would work - I guess all home games in London would be 6 PM so it would be 1 pm eastern, but the continuous travel would be a nightmare for the London team and a pain for its divisional opponents.

Khan would have to completely reinvent the identity, name, and logo of the team to make it something distinctly British, something the British people could identify with, and cheer for, if they liked it.

That's a gigantic risk.

Khan would have to completely reinvent the identity, name, and logo of the team to make it something distinctly British, something the British people could identify with, and cheer for, if they liked it.

That's a gigantic risk.
I love the way the Brits pronounce JAGUAR ! DO. NOT. CHANGE.

Doubt that is a good idea for signing free agents unless they like to travel abroad.
First, my take is I don't really care where any team in any sport moves other than my teams. Their logistical problems aren't mine. But, I agree with you that the residency implications for players, other team employees and potential free agents are enormous. Separation from family, schooling for children, housing, travel, culinary adjustments, currency, cost of living and on and on and on. Lots of significant things.

Who are these Jets spoken about here? The Jete, on the other hand, are in hell, exactly where they belong. Hope this clears up any confusion:D

Good. Coughlin and that awful franchise need to move as far away as possible.

First, my take is I don't really care where any team in any sport moves other than my teams. Their logistical problems aren't mine. But, I agree with you that the residency implications for players, other team employees and potential free agents are enormous. Separation from family, schooling for children, housing, travel, culinary adjustments, currency, cost of living and on and on and on. Lots of significant things.

That's a pretty good point. I'm willing to bet you that Khan isn't taking any of that into consideration- he's only thinking of the bottom line. Ironically it'll cost him because there's no way any top-tier FA would uproot and move his family or posse 4,000 miles away.

That's a gigantic risk.

The London Redcoats :)

Shahid Khan (Jacksonville owner) has just submitted a bid of £600m to buy Wembley Stadium from the FA (England soccer association) with the objective of moving the Jags to London.

Money ruins everything!

Are the hooligans included in the deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back