PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Jags move another step closer to London......

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing this has done.. its damaged the NFL badge in alot of people's minds that would have been 50/50 on being future fans of the game.

Shahid Khan (Jacksonville owner) has just submitted a bid of £600m to buy Wembley Stadium from the FA (England soccer association) with the objective of moving the Jags to London.

Money ruins everything!
I have no interest in allowing any foreign nation to participate in OUR game. No offense to our Brit friends, but no thanks!

Time zone differences alone make it difficult
Never mind the fact the Patriots already kicked London’s butt over 300 years ago:D

this is sad. just another reason the NFL sucks. I feel sorry for the players that would have to live in london. that godforsaken city.

You're kidding right?

I'd much rather live in London than Cleveland or Baltimore or Detroit.

London is a world-class city. They have health care and incredible museums and schools. You can't say the same about half the NFL cities.

You're damn right I'm choosing London over a ****-hole like Jacksonville.

And as far as names go, imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, so what about Ye Olde England Patriots?

Visas and whatnot are really not that difficult. Think about MLB and NBA dealing with border issues with Toronto. It's a bit of a pain, but hardly the mountain people seem to think.

lol ya the no-go zones are just fantastic. ask paul golding how he feels about what used to be a great city. now its a hotbed for Islamic terror. last time I checked Jacksonville doesn't have any no-go zones. not yet anyway.

All of Jacksonville is a no go zone. I mean, nobody wants to go zone. But it's also significantly more dangerous. London has a murder rate of 1.2 per 100K. Jacksonville is more than 6 times that at 7.3, and Chicago is more than triple of Jacksonville at 23.8.

London has 8.8M people and 102 people were murdered last year. 141 people were murdered in Jacksonville, a city of under 900K.So you think there are no go zones by cops in London because of safety? Give me a break.

But to be crystal clear for those who have never left their home states because they were fortunate enough to marry their cousins, there aren't no go zones in London. I hate to say this to a grown-up, but you do realize you can't believe every tweet you read or every blurb you hear on Fox & Friends...right? Sure, the Paul Goldings of the world who start sweating when they see a shawarma shop in the food court may not feel welcome, but they're not welcome in most places because they're assholes, it has nothing to do with the population. It's the same group that (still) believes Sharia law is enacted in this one part of Michigan, I swear, my uncle's cousin's friend went there one time...

Yes, there are absolutely slums and areas I wouldn't go in at night. But that's true of New York and Chicago and Detroit and Baltimore as well.

Tower Hamlets is often referred to as a no go zone. It's where Canary Wharf is, the second financial center of London, the financial capital of the world. It also hosts the largest fintech incubator in London. Yes, all the bankers and innovators and programmers are somehow surviving the grueling DLR rides every day. It's also where most of the American banks went, like JP Morgan and Citibank.

But sure, it's a no go zone...

There is heightened security and vehicle checks in sensitive areas like Canary Wharf, but no different than down at Wall Street in New York.

Despite all this, I know this was a wasted exercise. You're going to believe whatever fiction you want without independently verifying anything. It's not about reality; it's about imagination. And I can't change that.

But no reasonable person would choose to live in Baltimore over London. That's insane. But maybe you have the perfect username for a reason.

Here's a PFT story on it with links to the original articles.
Report: Shad Khan to buy Wembley Stadium

I just don't understand how the logistics would work - I guess all home games in London would be 6 PM so it would be 1 pm eastern, but the continuous travel would be a nightmare for the London team and a pain for its divisional opponents.

Yeah, allowances would have to be made. 3 games at home then 3 on the road. They could use the Old Ram's practice facilities in St Louis as a home base. The ten games in the middle of the season the opposing team would have their bye or at least the following Monday night game.

<-------- lives in Jacksonville. Well, Jacksonville Beach... but still.

Last edited:
Looking forward to British announcers and trying to decipher their football(soccer) vernacular. "Mister Bortles tossed the ball with great lift, barnstorming over a great distance of the pitch. The other squad parked the bus on that one. Next a proper execution of the free kick and it's equal. Bob's your uncle!, "

Some of the international talking heads on the NFL are actually much better than any of heads we have here because they're not inhibited, and they actually place premium on knowledge over connection (a.k.a. the senile Dan Fouts managing to hang around forever). I remember when I was in Mexico, watching their version of the NFL Network, I just about fell out of bed when they crucified Goodell for mangling deflategate and explained precisely how badly Goodell/the NFL screwed up trying to entrap the Patriots.

That would never happen here.

i think you are full of sh-t. look how defensive you are getting. there are in fact no-go zones in the U.K.. and there are Muslim grooming parlors. london and your country are lost. I don't like it. I wish it wasn't so. but it is. jacksonville at least has some really nice beaches and beautiful weather. google paul golding.

You are being redirected...

Jacksonville is a ****hole.

Locking this thread, as it has descended into posting of outside political propaganda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes