PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jags setting up a move to London?

it really seems it really could happens but imho in order to 'grow' the NFL should 'only' expand some regular season game overseas...

1 game in MEX
1 game in CAN
2 games in Europe (not only in UK but perhaps incluse also Germany, France, Italy and Spain)
1 game in Asia

that would expand the 'american football' all over expecially when involve Europe and Asia
(of course not Can and Mex where it is allready followed)

a franchise fixed in London would be an upgrade for me personally as i hope to see the Pats play much more often much more near me :)

IF really a franchise 'has' to moove yes...London is the place...not sure at all that there will create a 'fan base' but, mostly, 'casual fans' coming (also) from other Countries too as it happens today

Robert Kraft has said, only half-jokingly, that the Patriots would be willing to play in London every year . . . as long as they're the away team.

and i can only agree with him

for ME this would be ok

:)

Maybe he's smart enough to not let sunk costs hold him back from something better.

I mean it's Jacksonville. Downtown Rapesburg, Somalia is probably better.

Someone that has amassed a fortune like that typically doesn't do so by making decisions such as sinking millions into the infrastructure of a city and nearby surroundings (plans for nearby shopping, restaurants, bars, a skyline that takes you right to the stadium, etc.) that he or she plans to leave.

Someone that has amassed a fortune like that typically doesn't do so by making decisions such as sinking millions into the infrastructure of a city and nearby surroundings (plans for nearby shopping, restaurants, bars, a skyline that takes you right to the stadium, etc.) that he or she plans to leave.
Agreed.... unless as part of the deal regarding the move to London the NFL guarantees a buyer/new team for the Jacksonville stadium, etc., so Khan Is made whole when he leaves.

Indeed - it makes no sense, unlike all those lakes in LA and all that jazz in Utah being so appropriately represented...
How about the London Queens? You got the actual Queen plus the band?

That’s stupid.

The jags can’t handle london

I've taken a while to consider this.

Now... let me provide my in-depth analysis.

irdc.gif

Wait, You do know those moves were not actual geographical relocation moves, right? It was simply on paper, you got that complicated part figured out, right? We don't yet beam anybody down where they need to be at any given time and location like Star Trek?

What? was any of that English?

Who the hell has ever heard of a London Jaguar? Makes no sense. I mean, who would be a sponsor?

The automaker of the same name headquartered in England.

(Someone else surely must of already posted this, sorry in advance)

I would like to see it because anarchy!

It was be a real pain for players, coaches, etc with wives and kids; harder on them than the players.

I would like to see it because anarchy!

It was be a real pain for players, coaches, etc with wives and kids; harder on them than the players.
Exactly. They have to move to another country and learn a new language and assimilate into a new culture. Plus, learn a new monetary system. Overwhelming.

Indeed - it makes no sense, unlike all those lakes in LA and all that jazz in Utah being so appropriately represented...

and all those giants in new york, and the titans in Tennessee,

The Chargers are already demonstrating Goodell's incompetence.
I hate Goodell as much as anyone, but the Chargers move to LA was a wise one from a financial standpoint. Their net worth is going to increase by a ridiculous amount. They are going to make a lot of money. Even if not a single fan attends their games, they still make a lot of money from their move. It’s actually a fascinating case study in the business of sports how the chargers have increased their valuation so much.

They aren’t going anywhere, except to the new LA Stadium once it’s finished.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Back