PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Has Aaron Rodgers Quit on GB?

What a couple of absurd, clown-show posts. You sound just as irrational as the NFL fans who'd bash Brady when he was on the Patriots for the last 20 years, or when he was slandered over deflategate.

Your basis for claiming Brady was a "diva" and "antics" are, in summary:
  • Brady interviews where he expresses his desire to play until age 45
  • Interview quotes or tweets from Danny Amendola, Dion Lewis and Gronk dissing the Patriots, which you egregiously imply Brady had something to do with
The stupidity speaks for itself. Then you get into the personal offense that you, personally, take to Brady having his own brand. Having your own brand = copying LeBron James? What?????????????????????

I'll let this stupidity speak for itself as well. My God...
Yet, he just did yet another interview today to promote himself yet again.

As for the MeBron James thing, yes. The NBA has fewer players on their rosters, so it's easy for players to jump around and do the all star lineup crap that the Lakers started 20 years ago while making MORE money compared to the stars in the NFL. Yes. MeBron has wanted to show it's all about him his entire career. NBA players make more money and the NBA is a star league. It's not a team league. Everyone knows this. The business model is different.

How can anyone claim Brady acts the same today as he did in 2004, for example? It's beyond disingenuous.

Last edited:
How can anyone claim Brady acts the same today as he did in 2004, for example? It's beyond disingenuous.
Yea, maybe.

Unfortunately, for the rest of us, you're acting the same as you did in 1997.

Yet, he just did yet another interview today to promote himself yet again.

As for the MeBron James thing, yes. The NBA has fewer players on their rosters, so it's easy for players to jump around and do the all star lineup crap that the Lakers started 20 years ago. Yes. MeBron has wanted to show it's all about him his entire career. NBA players make more money and the NBA is a star league. It's not a team league. Everyone knows this. The business model is different.

One of the world's most famous athletes did an interview today? Ok, and?

He's not drastically different from 2004 and now. The addition of sports & social media nowadays is definitely skewing your view. Every little commercial, post-game comment, or movement on the sideline is amplified x 10000000 today versus 2004. Also, I've noticed the whole deflategate slander-fest really pissed him off and made him more willing to show how confident and aware of his greatness he is. Can't blame him after numerous people and corporations tried tarnishing that reputation and everything he worked for. Good for him.

One of the world's most famous athletes did an interview today? Ok, and?

He's not drastically different from 2004 and now. The addition of social media and the media as a whole nowadays is definitely skewing your view. Every little commercial, comment or movement on the sideline is amplified x 10000000 today versus the year of 2004. Also, I'd say the whole deflategate slander-fest really pissed him off and made him more willing to show how confident and aware of his greatness he is. Can't blame him after numerous people and corporations tried tarnishing everything he worked for. Good for him.
You've got to be kidding me. You're trying to insult people's intelligence now?

When you have people running around calling you the GOAT as you're still playing, that's going to get to your head and it clearly did sometime after the Atlanta SB win. That's never been done before in sports history where a positional player is already given that moniker while still playing. Jordan won his 6th, retired, and then it was clear.

The NFL public doesn't need an insufferable attention-needy Brady interview everyday. I mean, it's becoming ridiculous. I am glad you and others like it, but it's awkward to watch and people outside NE just roll their eyes because it's all you can do at this point. He's obsessed with trying to tell people it's all about him, yet he threw 3 awful INTs again in the conf. title game (again) and his D and run game won him his last 2 SB rings. He's not in his prime anymore. He's very good, but he's not 2016 Brady. Why would he be? He's older.

I agree he reacted well to the JimmyG drafting, and BB working with him daily, as he knew his job was on the line due to some very questionable postseasons where the offense severely under-achieved, after switching how they ran the offense per Brady's desires ("I prefer the shotgun, Tom Brady, 2013). Yeah, well when you throw from it 45 times a game from the same exact spot on the field, with full autonomy at the line, and you lose leads because of constant 3 and outs and 2 INTs, you are going to fail based on being way too predictable. You ain't that good. No one would be with that kind of predictability. And, honestly I think after his knee injury, he wanted that security. He said it: "I can see over the lin better from the shotgun".

And, I agree what Deflategate meant to him as a complete insult to not only him, but intelligent people who knew what Goodell was up to, absolutely was fire under him. That's what I am talking about, though. Brady needs a fire. It's like Eric Clapton. When he settles and gets comfy, he's a snooze and a bore and has been for 15 years, if not longer. It's called coasting. A lot of super successful people do it without knowing it. When Steve Winwood tours with him in 2008 and pushes him, because Winwood is a killer guitar player, Clapton is engaged and plays better than he usually would. Makes sense.

Also, during the Deflategate Brady email leaks by Goodell, it's literally on his emails that he is obsessed with Manning. It's why he wanted to throw 50 times a game with Manning weapons in 2007. The proof is there if you were paying attention. Wanting to be that great is good and it can be bad if you take yourself that seriously with a gargantuan ego.

But, the avacado books, the Facebook doc, Giselle whispering in his ear every night, his TB12 brand, etc, all of that clearly became more of a priority than being one of the guys like he was pre-Giselle. And, his use of social media on his own accord, comes off like a teenager loose on a Friday night looking for kicks. The guy is 43 years old. Act like it.

Totally agree the slanderous Deflategate thing lit an extra fire, and so did JimmyG standing there in waiting. We saw a much more focused Brady from 2014-2018 in postseasons, than from 2007-2012. I don't know how that is debatable. The numbers prove it as does the switch back to pre 2007 style offense. So, I applaud BB for getting one last run out of Brady because it worked. He saw it an addressed it. The Deflategate thing certainly was a cherry on top as a motivator. No doubt.

IMO, he's got one last run this year because they're old and expensive on that roster and Godwin is gone after this year. You can't field an All Star team on offense (or defense) for long. KC is in trouble as well. And, there's always the injury thing or Covid.

I read this entire thread and can't find any posts about Aaron Rodgers?????
Then we're doing it right.

lily-milana-vayntrub-att-commercial-1920x1080.jpg

When you have people running around calling you the GOAT as you're still playing, that's going to get to your head and it clearly did sometime after the Atlanta SB win. That's never been done before in sports history where a positional player is already given that moniker while still playing. Jordan won his 6th, retired, and then it was clear.

The NFL public doesn't need an insufferable attention-needy Brady interview everyday. I mean, it's becoming ridiculous. I am glad you and others like it, but it's awkward to watch and people outside NE just roll their eyes because it's all you can do at this point. He's obsessed with trying to tell people it's all about him, yet he threw 3 awful INTs again in the conf. title game (again) and his D and run game won him his last 2 SB rings. He's not in his prime anymore. He's very good, but he's not 2016 Brady. Why would he be? He's older.

I agree he reacted well to the JimmyG drafting, and BB working with him daily, as he knew his job was on the line due to some very questionable postseasons where the offense severely under-achieved, after switching how they ran the offense per Brady's desires ("I prefer the shotgun, Tom Brady, 2013). Yeah, well when you throw from it 45 times a game from the same exact spot on the field, with full autonomy at the line, and you lose leads because of constant 3 and outs and 2 INTs, you are going to fail based on being way too predictable. You ain't that good. No one would be with that kind of predictability. And, honestly I think after his knee injury, he wanted that security. He said it: "I can see over the lin better from the shotgun".

And, I agree what Deflategate meant to him as a complete insult to not only him, but intelligent people who knew what Goodell was up to, absolutely was fire under him. That's what I am talking about, though. Brady needs a fire. It's like Eric Clapton. When he settles and gets comfy, he's a snooze and a bore and has been for 15 years, if not longer. It's called coasting. A lot of super successful people do it without knowing it. When Steve Winwood tours with him in 2008 and pushes him, because Winwood is a killer guitar player, Clapton is engaged and plays better than he usually would. Makes sense.

Also, during the Deflategate Brady email leaks by Goodell, it's literally on his emails that he is obsessed with Manning. It's why he wanted to throw 50 times a game with Manning weapons in 2007. The proof is there if you were paying attention. Wanting to be that great is good and it can be bad if you take yourself that seriously with a gargantuan ego.

But, the avacado books, the Facebook doc, Giselle whispering in his ear every night, his TB12 brand, etc, all of that clearly became more of a priority than being one of the guys like he was pre-Giselle. And, his use of social media on his own accord, comes off like a teenager loose on a Friday night looking for kicks. The guy is 43 years old. Act like it.

Totally agree the slanderous Deflategate thing lit an extra fire, and so did JimmyG standing there in waiting. We saw a much more focused Brady from 2014-2018 in postseasons, than from 2007-2012. I don't know how that is debatable. The numbers prove it as does the switch back to pre 2007 style offense. So, I applaud BB for getting one last run out of Brady because it worked. He saw it an addressed it. The Deflategate thing certainly was a cherry on top as a motivator. No doubt.

IMO, he's got one last run this year because they're old and expensive on that roster and Godwin is gone after this year. You can't field an All Star team on offense (or defense) for long. KC is in trouble as well. And, there's always the injury thing or Covid.
I don't have the time to even try and respond to all of this but the throwing 50 times a game in 2007 because he was obsessed with Manning is hilarious. He threw it around 36 times a game. It seemed Manning was the one obsessed with that record because in 2013 he threw it around 41 times a game, and a ton at the goal line if I remember correctly.

holy crap...blaming Brady for talking about Manning in an email?? Is THIS what passes for an argument TODAY?

He also commented on his rivalry with Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning before their Week 9 Nov. 2014 meeting in Foxboro.

One of Brady’s family members forwarded Brady an article from Grantland.com about his rivalry with Manning, detailing how both future Hall of Famers are nearing the end of their careers.

“Thanks popa. I’ve got another 7 or 8 years left. He has 2,” Brady replied. “That’s the final chapter. Game on.” Brady threw for 333 yards and four touchdowns in a 43-21 rout over Denver.

There were hundreds of pages of emails of game planning between him and offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, which were all redacted, along with any sensitive information.

He also communicated with representatives from designer Tom Ford about shoes and his preference for polos with rugby fabric.

Please STFU about Brady and Dehategate, OK? If you won't admit it was a blatant attempt by Roger Goodell to denigrate and besmirch the NEP AND Tom Brady and that the phone was a RED HERRING with ZERO to do with Goodell's criminal attempt to libel and slander Brady then I'll have to assume you are an undercover troll with a "HATE BRADY!!!!" obsession...most likely a Jackazz Manning fan

I don't have the time to even try and respond to all of this but the throwing 50 times a game in 2007 because he was obsessed with Manning is hilarious. He threw it around 36 times a game. It seemed Manning was the one obsessed with that record because in 2013 he threw it around 41 times a game, and a ton at the goal line if I remember correctly.
Umm, no. There were games NE lost where they had leads and he was throwing exclusively from the shotgun 45-50 times. I don't care what he averaged. I care about the situation and game management. SB 46 may have been the worst. A lead for most of the game and the entire second half and your lead back only gets 7 carries? How is that possible? Why was your lead back not used after 8 carries and 50 yards in the first half vs Baltimore in the 2011 title game with his putrid performance then? You'd think if something was working, you'd keep using it, not checking out of a run to throw yet again from the shotgun.

Do you not remember? Wiped it from your memory?

And the INT rate skyrocketed during that time as well compared to previous years during the 1st dynasty. The facts are the facts. He was awful in numerous games, especially in postseason games in 2007, 2010, 2011 and 2012. It's not hilarious at all. He blew up at BB for dealing Branch in 2006 and BB made amends by acquiring Moss and Welker. Cool. What did Brady do with them? Threw to them way too much to the point of predictability. They didn't even carry a FB and they've never won a SB without one. Can't carry a FB if you're carrying extra WRs and/or TEs. And Heath Evans wasn't a blocking FB. He sucked. Yes, Brady wanted a never-ending supply of quality passing options and is absolutely obsessed with being recognized as better than Manning.

Manning was famously recognized as better than Brady because of fantasy stats. Pats fans know Brady is absolutely better even 10 years ago that was obvious, but how can you make fun of Manning for choking in the postseason over a finesse passing offense obsession, then watch Brady run it, and not point it out?

It was beyond flawed. Brees fell into the same ego trap in NOs. Chasing stats is not winning football games.

Again, just be happy BB rectified this elephant in the room and drafted JimmyG to get Brady back to old Brady in 2014.

The above post is completely moronic.

Brady gives an interview? He's self promoting!!
Brady wants to be the best? What an ego!!

Give me a f'ing break.

The above post is completely moronic.

Brady gives an interview? He's self promoting!!
Brady wants to be the best? What an ego!!

Give me a f'ing break.
Umm, he now has a podcast. Do you honestly believe BB would want any Pats player to make it about himself with a podcast? The delusion and denial is really something.

What's next? Rodgers hasn't acted like a self-absorbed prima donna starting last year? Do you know any Packers fans? I do.

Ok? I doubt BB likes it. Did they scold ESPN for not "linking" their podcast? So childish:

^^Self promotion. Self-absorbed. Me, me, me.
Absolutely, Brady has changed to a brand first self promoting, "I am the greatest" oaf. "Me Me Me, look how great I am"...I am better than MJ, do not dare to compare me with Montana. He trolls everyone, trash talks and now loves to show his hair transplanted phony self all over the TV on Commercials. His podcast, His TB12, his other "brand related items", his daily social media pronouncements and BS, YAWN poor guy, ESPN did not put a link up to his podcast...D-bag

What happened to the earnest polite rookie who showed up in year 1. Did Gisellle ruin him or has he turned into a bigger narcissist than Trump ever was?

You can have him and his F list horrible acting goofball friend Gronkowski as well.

He is now neck and neck with Gronkowski for biggest phony greedy D-bag

Last edited:

giphy.gif

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back