PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Gruden sues NFL and Goodell

The owners pay Goondell a ton of money to be their douchebag and he's good at it, I don't think he minds being a crooked Dbag when he cashes those huge checks. He isn't going anywhere unless the Gruden thing can dig up some dirt.

there is a school right down the road from foxboro that has tons of really smart kids that could do that.

maybe someone could promise them a night with a real breathing (non blow up) woman if they do the world this small favor!

A lot of them ARE women. The offer needs to be more fluid than that.

there is a school right down the road from foxboro that has tons of really smart kids that could do that.

maybe someone could promise them a night with a real breathing (non blow up) woman if they do the world this small favor!
Ummmm, I guess you haven't been on a university campus for a while ;)

MIT expenses are about $77K/year (!), so this MIT student you are talking about (whether male or female) probably drives around a fancy brand new Tesla that was their high school graduation present with bright super successful parents that graduated from MIT or Harvard who who make more money than some small countries. And that same student will be heavily recruited by exactly one jillion high tech companies upon graduation. Do you think such students have trouble getting dates? :rofl: Maybe a few but that is definitely not the norm.

200w.gif

Reactions: sb1
give it another few years of filings and appeals before anything comes of this….then it will be a settlement
and an NDA. No way anything comes out.

Let me make this SUPER CLEAR. Gruden deserved every bit of criticism that came his way but I hope he wins his lawsuit. Gruden sucks as a person but the NFL has shown over and over that their investigations are ridiculous and a few losses in court might make them stop with the nonsense in the future. Honestly the nfl should use its power to suppress scandals instead of inviting them TMZ style.

I want everything exposed in real life, but I really want sports to be a safe space. I don't want to hear about sexual claims, cheating scandals, etc. Handle it in house and give us some peace.

Nice to see a judge with brains:

Judge Allf agreed, saying she was "concerned" with Goodell having sole power as a potential arbiter.

Gee, ya think?

Last edited:
give it another few years of filings and appeals before anything comes of this….then it will be a settlement
and an NDA. No way anything comes out.
You assume that Gruden is after the money primarily.

He is probably rich enough that he really doesn't have to care about money anymore.

Oh, goodie! I hope this goes to a jury trial. Watching Gruden drag the NFL, Roger Goodell, and Dan Snyder through the mud while the NFL drags Jon Gruden through the mud will be great - sorta like Hard Knocks for billionaires. Gruden will probably wind up with a big settlement shrouded in NDAs.

You gotta hand it to Roger Goodell and the NFL. They really know how to win the off-season - Spygate, Deflategate, Bountygate, concussion-denial, Jim Irsay's Bag O' Drugs & Cash, Deadskins Voyeur Videos, Orchids of Asia Day Spa, Rex's foot fetish, Blackballing Colin Kaepernick, etc. The hits just keep on coming.
Along with the ratings and the money.

Nice to see a judge with brains:

Judge Allf agreed, saying she was "concerned" with Goodell having sole power as a potential arbiter.

Gee, ya think?
Wish Judges Chin and Parker were that concerned. Oh well it worked out in the end in our favor and way better than we hoped it would.

Wouldn't it be fun though if this case uncovers a lot of emails and skeletons in the NFL's closet including that one.

You assume that Gruden is after the money primarily.

He is probably rich enough that he really doesn't have to care about money anymore.
maybe, but he was due about $50m on his contract before he was fired. He was used as a distraction to bury the redskins sex scandal.

maybe, but he was due about $50m on his contract before he was fired. He was used as a distraction to bury the redskins sex scandal.
I am not saying he doesn't want the money.

I am saying that he doesn't really need it.

So he might not be willing to settle just for money after how the NFL treated him.

Basically don't use a guy with FU money as your fall guy :p

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back