PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Great Cam Newton Roundtable with Chad Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Fred Taylor

We’re blaming Cam for Stidham being an awful NFL QB? Yikes

My thoughts. Can you teach and old dog new tricks? Cam, i going to keep it buck with you. As a fan the only video i want to see IS you talking WITH your quarterbacks coach going over last years game film. I want to see him teach you how to throw a 10 yards or less accurate soft pass to a back or tight end. I want too see you throw over offensive lineman hands TOUCH pass. I want you to go thru your progressions in slow motion. I want you to have the work ethic of Tom Brady! Get that goshdog cigar out ya mouth, stop listening to Ocho talking about your health and help the fans get on your side as you our SO FAR STARTING QB! Show the Owner, show the teammates, show the fans, show yourself in a great light. Big oppurtunity, don't F it up. You'll make a great talkshow host later.

I think cam newton has a good work ethic. It's more how have the injuries over the years impacted his play? And thats the main question. his whole throwing motion deteriorating over the season almost seems like hes compensating for his shoulder surgery. and backfooting his throws (as some media pundits stated) shows maybe his foot is still bothering him. the crazy thing is, hes only 32. meanwhile brady is 43

its why i've always kind of been skeptical of the leagues obsession with mobile QB's over pocket passers. sure your kapernicks, cam newton, llamar jackson, michael vicks are exciting when they can run around and make highlight level plays. But their shelf life in the NFL is very limited.

Once they are a little older and the hits/injuries pile up and they lose just that little bit of athleticism then teams can defend them differently and they aren't the threat they once were.

and for a guy like Cam Newton who was a heisman winner, MVP, went to a super bowl. Of course he has to think to himself 'ive still got it" many players retire later than they really should and go out playing below par. look at Manning or Drew brees. It has to be a blow to tell yourself "you dont have it anymore"

that being said, i hope cam newton can pull it together and have a good season assuming he is our starting QB

My thoughts. Can you teach and old dog new tricks? Cam, i going to keep it buck with you. As a fan the only video i want to see IS you talking WITH your quarterbacks coach going over last years game film. I want to see him teach you how to throw a 10 yards or less accurate soft pass to a back or tight end. I want too see you throw over offensive lineman hands TOUCH pass. I want you to go thru your progressions in slow motion. I want you to have the work ethic of Tom Brady! Get that goshdog cigar out ya mouth, stop listening to Ocho talking about your health and help the fans get on your side as you our SO FAR STARTING QB! Show the Owner, show the teammates, show the fans, show yourself in a great light. Big oppurtunity, don't F it up. You'll make a great talkshow host later.
Be careful with your spelling.

Cam came into the league with the goal of becoming an "icon" but should have had the goal of becoming a QB instead. He's always been a smooth talking bullsh!tter and a snappy dresser though.

Last edited:
I think cam newton has a good work ethic. It's more how have the injuries over the years impacted his play? And thats the main question. his whole throwing motion deteriorating over the season almost seems like hes compensating for his shoulder surgery. and backfooting his throws (as some media pundits stated) shows maybe his foot is still bothering him. the crazy thing is, hes only 32. meanwhile brady is 43

its why i've always kind of been skeptical of the leagues obsession with mobile QB's over pocket passers. sure your kapernicks, cam newton, llamar jackson, michael vicks are exciting when they can run around and make highlight level plays. But their shelf life in the NFL is very limited.

Once they are a little older and the hits/injuries pile up and they lose just that little bit of athleticism then teams can defend them differently and they aren't the threat they once were.

and for a guy like Cam Newton who was a heisman winner, MVP, went to a super bowl. Of course he has to think to himself 'ive still got it" many players retire later than they really should and go out playing below par. look at Manning or Drew brees. It has to be a blow to tell yourself "you dont have it anymore"

that being said, i hope cam newton can pull it together and have a good season assuming he is our starting QB
I'm in total agreement. To me if i was his PR person i would project a professional side to Cam this season. On this site in a video he worked with Stidam at Patriots West and had thrown passes to our 2021 perceived receiver members. I don't want to see him doing this. Brady had a video of him working with his personal QB coach Tom House. House diagnosed every throwing motion Tom had and made comments. It to me was the essence of Tom Brady's work ethics. Fix YOURSELF first to be the best qb. I wish Cam would show us the same.

yeah...of course, Salsalife seems to be oblivious to the absolute non-applicative nature of "keep it buck" to the fetid green stain on humanity, the NY Jete. To Jete fan, who live in the Kotite side of town, the definitive term is keep it suck. Hope this clears up any confusion on the subject... :whistle: :cool::p

yeah...of course, Salsalife seems to be oblivious to the absolute non-applicative nature of "keep it buck" to the fetid green stain on humanity, the NY Jete. To Jete fan, who live in the Kotite side of town, the definitive term is keep it suck. Hope this clears up any confusion on the subject... :whistle: :cool::p

Hey, keep it puck there Joker.

Hey, keep it puck there Joker.
you know what they say on MY side of town, Tony..."a buck for a ****, a buck for a duck...and two bucks for a ****ed up duck"

I will preface this post by saying I was never a fan of Cam, I'd say my opinion of him pre-signing with NE was neutral or slightly negative. I was fine with the signing, contract was good, seemed healthy, I trust BB, there wasn't much of a QB market.. etc. Play on the field aside, I really grew to like and respect Cam. He's a very smart dude, a very hard worker, and he was accountable for everything that went wrong. His coaches and teammates clearly love him.

So i watched this video a few weeks ago and a few things stood out to me. Chad Johnson is not a smart man.. no wonder he couldn't grasp the playbook here. Cam is every bit as smart, thoughtful, and passionate as I perceived during last season... probably more. Former players have a HUGE amount of love and respect for BB. Brandon Marshall trying to lump himself in with the other guys as "having played under the Patriots way" because he played for Josh McD is asinine. Still though, Marshall has big respect as well. I really enjoyed the video, it had me rooting for the guy TBH. When they ask Cam if he would resign with NE and answers immediately and without hesitation, YES... I mean that's pretty cool.

My opinion with resigning Cam is that BB clearly doesn't think that Cam "sucks" or "can't throw at all" as some on this board would argue. I think it's impossible to know how difficult last year was given all of the obstacles. Cam obviously had some ups and downs last year, yes probably more downs. I do think there's a solid chance that he starts the season and is considerably better than last year. Confidence, comfort and more experience in the system, plus a much better supporting cast should help for sure. All that said.. I really hope Stiddy takes a step (or three) forward and i really hope we draft a QB at some point this year.

Anyway, to anyone who hasn't watched the vid, it's worth the 32 or so minutes of the first segment.

I will preface this post by saying I was never a fan of Cam, I'd say my opinion of him pre-signing with NE was neutral or slightly negative. I was fine with the signing, contract was good, seemed healthy, I trust BB, there wasn't much of a QB market.. etc. Play on the field aside, I really grew to like and respect Cam. He's a very smart dude, a very hard worker, and he was accountable for everything that went wrong. His coaches and teammates clearly love him.

So i watched this video a few weeks ago and a few things stood out to me. Chad Johnson is not a smart man.. no wonder he couldn't grasp the playbook here. Cam is every bit as smart, thoughtful, and passionate as I perceived during last season... probably more. Former players have a HUGE amount of love and respect for BB. Brandon Marshall trying to lump himself in with the other guys as "having played under the Patriots way" because he played for Josh McD is asinine. Still though, Marshall has big respect as well. I really enjoyed the video, it had me rooting for the guy TBH. When they ask Cam if he would resign with NE and answers immediately and without hesitation, YES... I mean that's pretty cool.

My opinion with resigning Cam is that BB clearly doesn't think that Cam "sucks" or "can't throw at all" as some on this board would argue. I think it's impossible to know how difficult last year was given all of the obstacles. Cam obviously had some ups and downs last year, yes probably more downs. I do think there's a solid chance that he starts the season and is considerably better than last year. Confidence, comfort and more experience in the system, plus a much better supporting cast should help for sure. All that said.. I really hope Stiddy takes a step (or three) forward and i really hope we draft a QB at some point this year.

Anyway, to anyone who hasn't watched the vid, it's worth the 32 or so minutes of the first segment.
Stiddy did impress with Jakoby Myers on 2nd team preseason games. His play during the regular season was not so hot, in fact depressing. But Cam was also depressing at points during the season.
Having said that Bill has acquired new offensive talent, Proven offensive talent. Hopefully i would be satisfied with a Jeff Hostetler type performance from 1 of these guys. For example: "Hostetler started Super Bowl XXV; the Giants defeated the heavily favored Bills 20-19. He completed 20 of 32 passes for 222 yards with one touchdown." I think Bill's thinking he could do this IF Garoppolo can not be acquired. I did like the chat from these Athletes, they are the 1% percenters in physical talent.

The trajectory of his performance leads me to think the problem wasn’t lack of preseason or covid (outside of the sf/den games right after).

he looked good the first 3 weeks, 1 yard from 3-0.
Looked poor the next 2 post covid games.
Then i thought he looked okay against buf(till the fumble), nyj, bal, and Houston. Not great but good enough to complement a strong run game and defense if THEY performed. We could have won all of these if not for the fumble in Buffalo and the defense showed up in Houston.
then sucked the next 5 games, really bad before a good outing against nyj in a meaningless game.

If covid/ no preseason was the problems his play should have been strongest towards the end, but that was actually the weakest. Looked more a case of teams adjusting to him after the good start.
The Houston game was a huge turning point as they lost both Rex and Wynn. They won the AZ game but it was painful to watch (Cam, in particular). He didn't have to do much against SD (passing-wise).

Last edited:

I had no interest in watching this (despite being a relatively mild Cam defender), but thanks to your post, I'm glad I watched it (at 2x speed). Cam is all class, and I hope for everyone's sake that he has a lot of success this season. If not, this guy is not going to have a problem with finding a career after football.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back