PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Fun poll: Who here has played football at any level?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What is the highest level of league football you have played?

• Youth

Votes: 17 14.5%
  • Amateur/Semi Pro

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • High School

Votes: 56 47.9%
  • Any NCAA

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Pro

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Never played in a league

Votes: 20 17.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Played pee-wee football in 4th grade. Was a 3rd string safety. Saw the field only a few plays at a time. I've always been tiny and bad at being in the right place.

I shared similar circumstances. Loved to play and always practiced hard, but my lack of size held me back from high school ball.

I've played at the pro level.

6GJo1.gif

By Junior High I'd kinda wigged out...honestly, I didn't even go to Jr. High (a regret)...had classmates who made it to big time college (Doug Flutie's teammates)...I had some ability but did get some concussions by the time I was 10.

When I was 29 I played pickup football, tackle no pads (& obviously no brain)...best memories were scoring and playing in the driving rain and mud.

Worst memory was being unable to move or sleep for months after broken ribs

No more playing after that.

I played high school, college and 4 years of semi-pro football....I was working out at the KC Chiefs facility with one of my college coaches hoping to get an opportunity but I got speared in my back causing herniated discs during my senior year of college....It kind of ended my dream of playing in the NFL as I still have back problems to this day.....Semi-pro was tough but I only have to practice as much as I could and then play in the games.....At 6'7" 330lbs I definitely had the size and it really sucks that I couldn't make it but such is life.....I have coached at the high school level and currently referee high school football in Maryland for the past 6 years......

Yup, High School, Colleges interested but I was not. At my age I think I feel better.

Played little league baseball for a few years in my early years. Then, about 5 years of soccer (which I really loved), in my early teens. As far as Football, it was my freshman year in High School. My older brother was a "star", and I was supposed to follow in his footsteps. But weed and playing guitar in bands took over. And no regrets here. :cool:

Played fullback in college. Blew out my acl, mcl, Pcl and the patella tendon in my senior year.

High school...loved playing hockey more, though, and was better at it.

Played in college, if marathon flag football games to raise money for some charity counts. Don't remember the games or the charities, probably because beer and weed seemed to be in great supply whenever you came off the field.....but it was fun....I think....

I played HS football in a school so small that if I hadn't played they wouldn't have been able to field a team and I still sat on the bench. :D

Our graduating class size average was about 19 students.

So if you count that I played in HS.

Same here, although my class size dwarfed yours at a mighty 58. Late bloomer (I found size and strength in college - in high school I was either a short chunker or, after a growth spurt junior year that got me to 6', a human javelin - both great for offensive and defensive line play because I lacked speed and quickness at all times), but I enjoyed the practices.

Last edited:
6'4 300lbs so yeah football in high school was a thing. Sadly I have about a 6 inch vertical jump so no explosive power and third string everything but center lineman is all I ever played. Still it was fun and I miss it tons. CT State champs my freshman year and made it to the championship game junior year. Coaching at that level is everything and I wish I had appreciated it more. I had a line coach (coach beef) who was a total ass really hard on everyone. Found out later he was a police officer and flew 45 mins on the highway after work everyday to spend 4 hours with us. You wanna talk love of the game it doesn't get any better then that and my respect for him, and all coaches like him, could not be higher. It sucked balls then but I would give a lot now to be on the field running green bays again.

Played in HS and was pretty good, but got hurt. Walked on at Syracuse and was too small for the D-Line, too slow for an LB. Played for a year before I decided to get my degree. George O'Leary was my position coach when I was briefly a 6'1" 245 lb DT. Ivan Fears was the WR coach. I am down to 210 now, which is more natural for me. I also have 2 new hips thanks no doubt to my love of this game. I kept getting hurt, so maybe that kept me from getting any real concussion issues. It's still on my mind though as I get older.

Played High School Football.

I coached Pop Warner, Middle School, and High School Football as a Defensive Coordinator!

Played fullback in college. Blew out my acl, mcl, Pcl and the patella tendon in my senior year.

Ouch. How long did it take to recover from that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back