PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Euro 2021 soccer

Money is on England all the way, I think they finally have the right group of players who can play well together.
England start with a win
Sterling and 1-0 over Croatia

England start with a win
Sterling and 1-0 over Croatia

Pretty encouraging for England. Walker and Sterling were somewhat disappointing on the ball, but Phillips was a real asset in the middle of the field. He didn't let the opposition settle or give the ball away -- and he made the goal (give credit to Sterling for being in the right place at the right time). I don't think any of the other teams came away scared of England, but they looked as though they'd give anyone a game.

Croatia really offered nothing in attack so England had nothing really to worry about. Foden , Mount and Phillips look very good.

Not looking forward to the England game later in the week , we could end up getting thumped.

Pretty encouraging for England. Walker and Sterling were somewhat disappointing on the ball, but Phillips was a real asset in the middle of the field. He didn't let the opposition settle or give the ball away -- and he made the goal (give credit to Sterling for being in the right place at the right time). I don't think any of the other teams came away scared of England, but they looked as though they'd give anyone a game.
El Loco has done wonders with Phillips. He was good on the defensive side in the championship, but his range of passing is getting close to a proper general midfielder. I think he may get Leeds some good enough this summer.

I would suggest that a good attacking team could really work the England centre backs and give them a hard time. Apart from that if England click as a team they will be very hard to beat.

El Loco has done wonders with Phillips. He was good on the defensive side in the championship, but his range of passing is getting close to a proper general midfielder. I think he may get Leeds some good enough this summer.

Yes, it's remarkable. We all know managers who can take limited players and win with them because they "fit the system" but Bielsa has taken a bunch of Championship types (like Phillips) and made them into players who hold their own and more when taken out of his team. Makes me think that they should have picked Bamford!

A great 2nd half between Holland and Ukraine and a Dutch 3-2 win

That whole play was great. The passes to and from Phillips were brilliant and Sterling fought through to finish. That said, I think England can and will play better against the Scots.

Missed the second half of the Holland game........ typical !!!

Scotland this afternoon , just hoping for a good performance and they play well.......not much to hope for !:haha:

Typical , how embarrassing. Czech best player is their striker who plays in the german league , as if we did not know who to mark strongly. What happens ?......he scores both goals (so far) ...the second goal was just terrible. Our best player is a left back......says it all !!

My Poland team is playing soon with Slovakia. If they don't win that game it is hard to believe they will beat Spain. Moderate optimism but my fingers' crossed.
Go Poland!

They are playing not bad, they are playing awfully :(

Spain needs to put Tiago and Moreno in. They need to take Isak for real

Only a tie for Spain against Sweden...

Since Scotland are the soccer equivalent of the Jags my usual international loyalties will lie with

ABE

Anyone but England

actually as usual I’ll be supporting Germany!

Controversial statement with the Soccer purists but soccer died a death with Guardiola……I’m sick to death of the slow possession football and high press. Much prefer the Real Madrid ethos of get the ball forward and try score goals…..

Controversial statement with the Soccer purists but soccer died a death with Guardiola……I’m sick to death of the slow possession football and high press. Much prefer the Real Madrid ethos of get the ball forward and try score goals…..
no its not that bad, the real tiki-taka under Guardiola (though you requier specific talent to have it run that smooth and successfull) was much more dominant and faster than what you see it now evolved to in Barca or NT of Spain. But they miss also players like Messi(or Xavi and Iniesta), who by himself can decide games, there is no 2nd Messi and won't be.

I prefer as well the fast forward approach, where you play vertical or diagonal passes with low number of ball contacts but more precise passes to your teammates in order to gain space and put tremendous pressure on the defense to defend you in full speed, don't give them time to organize and have 11 guys behind the ball.

Thats what we have seen in the game Netherlands vs Ukraine, it was really fun to watch, most exiting game so far in the tournament.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back