PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Euro 2021 soccer

italian pat patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Mods eventually pls moove this thread out but as we are in june perhaps soccer fans and casual like me can discuss for one month this tournment
ROME now...Bocelli was great
Italy Turkey playing

France looks the favourite

Belgium England Germany Portugal and Italy after France should be the best teams

France attack is super stacked

Mbappe, Benzema, Griezman doesn't get much better

Your Italy should be a fun team to watch, but I don't think France will let this one go by, especially with Benzema

Also Portugal with a sneaky very good team

If Finland win that would be the real surprise

I don't like Juve, but if I were the coach, I would be playing Chiesa without a doubt. I know the arguments for Berardi but he is injured. Others I like who were weirdly left off the squad: Belotti.

ESPN announcers are nuts for not considering Immobile a reliable goalscorer. Crazy.

Chiellini is aging in Tom Brady years--he still looks really really good.

To be clear: I posted on Immobile 3 minutes BEFORE he scored.

NOW THE ANNOUNCERS ARE CORRECTING what they said: "Only Messi, Lewandowski, and Ronaldo have scored more goals the last 5 years."

Uhhh--that's the opposite of what you said !!!!

I don't like Juve, but if I were the coach, I would be playing Chiesa without a doubt. I know the arguments for Berardi but he is injured. Others I like who were weirdly left off the squad: Belotti.

ESPN announcers are nuts for not considering Immobile a reliable goalscorer. Crazy.

Chiellini is aging in Tom Brady years--he still looks really really good.
Chiesa and Belotti now in

Nice start for Italy
3-0

Tomorrow 3 games probably Belgium Russia the most interesting one

Do not underestimate Germany team. They are a tournament team.
My Poland team has a slender chance to do something important at this tournament even though Robert Lewandowski is a superstar striker.

Money is on England all the way, I think they finally have the right group of players who can play well together.

Money is on England all the way, I think they finally have the right group of players who can play well together.

I'd be surprised. They really played well in the last World Cup, but a lot of their players have, for one reason or another, regressed: Alli, Lingard, Dier, Sterling. And I have my doubts about how well they will play together as a team. Certainly, they have some good players, but I think they are ripe for the taking.

I'd be surprised. They really played well in the last World Cup, but a lot of their players have, for one reason or another, regressed: Alli, Lingard, Dier, Sterling. And I have my doubts about how well they will play together as a team. Certainly, they have some good players, but I think they are ripe for the taking.
Only Sterling is a legit concern. Lingard, Alli and Dier are not good players, they were flashes in the pan. Sancho, Mount, Foden are better replacement.
these mix of yoof and experience will better the Gazza , Shearer and Teddy/Barnes's era and the Scholesy, Lamps and Gerrard's era
On the topic of Lingard, I have watched him play in the United academy when he was growing up with Morrison and Pogba. He looked like a world beater, but he did not develop any further. He was on fire for Hammers this year but that is his level really.

Last edited:
Baku
Switzerland Wales

Long trip for both teams...

No one mentioned Belgium. Interesting. Think they have a great chance to win this along with French. Draw coming into the last 16 looks very tough for Germans and the English.

Nice 2nd half between Switzerland and Wales with a tie 1-1

Now in Copenhagen Denmark and Finland will be on the field for a "Nordic" game

Only Sterling is a legit concern. Lingard, Alli and Dier are not good players, they were flashes in the pan. Sancho, Mount, Foden are better replacement.
these mix of yoof and experience will better the Gazza , Shearer and Teddy/Barnes's era and the Scholesy, Lamps and Gerrard's era
On the topic of Lingard, I have watched him play in the United academy when he was growing up with Morrison and Pogba. He looked like a world beater, but he did not develop any further. He was on fire for Hammers this year but that is his level really.

Fair enough. I don't watch that much football nowadays. I thought that in the last WC England were two players away from being a very good side. They needed a left-back and a midfielder who would be more dynamic and progressive than Henderson.

I was surprised by how good Lingard was: compact, reliable, versatile, in the right place at the right time -- not a guy to scare defenders like Sterling or Rashford at their best but someone who made the team better. I mentioned Dier because England aren't blessed with central defenders who can play the ball. Where we disagree, though, is Alli. At his best (and we saw him at his best in the WC) he was the joker in the pack: the really creative and unpredictable guy you can build a team around if you can integrate him properly. I agree, though, that we've rarely seen it since. I think he's a big loss.

English heritage so as always I’ll be cheering for them, but not expecting much. They always seem a group of individuals then a real team.

Denmark v Finland. OMG. Christian Eriksen. They are giving him cpr on the field

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back