PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: ESPN ranks most dominant athletes in the past 20 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
You also said he hasn't been good the last 10 years and you are wrong.
He’s sucked for most of the last ten years and for like 3 has been well below his standard. If it was a 10 year list he wouldn’t sniff it.

He’s sucked for most of the last ten years

Thats not accurate. He was #1 from 2005 to 2010 and #1 in 2013 and 2014. That is not sucking.

and for like 3 has been well below his standard.
Throw out his standard. For the last 3 hes been either horrible or injured. If he didn't win 14 Majors he'd be lucky to keep his card.

If it was a 10 year list he wouldn’t sniff it.

Sure but that is not what you are arguing.

You said Tiger Woods has sucked the last 10 years and that is not accurate.

Anybody who can look at Tiger Woods...observe how he dominated his competition for years during his prime, especially in Major Championships...see the work he put into being in top physical condition and the toll the game took on his body...and say that he doesn't belong on a list of top/dominating athletes of the last 20 years...either thinks Professional Golf is still played by overweight guys who smoke and have a brew or two during a round or is someone who just plain doesn't understand sports.

The last professional golfer who, for a while at least, got away with winning major championships while out of shape, smoking and drinking was John Daly...and his is a story of a talent wasted if there ever was one...we will never know how good he could have been.

This times like 9 million

FWIW I am not a tiger fan at all either

Or they think a list talking about the last 20 years should focus more on athletes who have been dominant for the majority of that timeframe and not half of it.

Also not a single person said Tiger didn’t deserve to be on the list. Some of you guys need to learn to read better

There’s multiple people in here that have

He’s the first person I think of when I think of dominance
...and thats really the key pertaining to this silly article.

Jack won 14 majors in 14 years an in those Majors has 44 top 10 finishes out of 56 starts at a Major. That is nuts.

Tiger won 14 Majors in 12 years and in those Majors has 29 top 10s out of 46 starts at a Major .

So you can argue Tiger was more dominant in a shorter span than Jack but he wasn't as consistent.

...and thats really the key pertaining to this silly article.

Jack won 14 majors in 14 years an in those Majors has 44 top 10 finishes out of 56 starts at a Major. That is nuts.

Tiger won 14 Majors in 12 years and in those Majors has 29 top 10s out of 46 starts at a Major .

So you can argue Tiger was more dominant in a shorter span than Jack but he wasn't as consistent.
That’s how I see it. Tiger was more dominant but Jack is the GOAT

Nobody said Tiger shouldn’t be on the list. I said it wasn’t unreasonable to have him below Federer because he was not considered dominant for the last 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back