PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Don Shula has passed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had Marino and couldn't win it all.

Bye.

Don Shula: "I want them to say that he won within the rules."

So the fact that he left the tarp off the field prior to the Jets playoff game is not true? I'm sure there was nothing in the rule book about that one. Gotcha, Don.

Oh, wait a second:
''The only thing I know is the rules,'' Coach Walt Michaels said. ''I can't understand it.'' The constitution of the National Football League requires each team to have a tarpaulin available to protect a field from rain or snow.

RIP

And condolences to his family

tumblr_myqq5kfaP91qhkbk8o1_400.gif

RIP Don
You know that’s where his BB hatred all stemmed down from.

I was going to say something respectful but then I saw this- even in his passing he took one last shot at BB.

**** him.

That’s such a disingenuous thing to say. Unbelievable that it appeared BB (and probably the wins record) was so in his head that the man wanted HIS LEGACY to be known like this:

‘His answer was all about integrity.

“I want them to say that he won within the rules,” Shula said. “That he had players that took a lot of pride in playing within the rules. And that his teams played an exciting brand of football, wide open football, that made it exciting for the fans.

“I want them to say that his players loved it, the coaches loved it, the fans loved it and I loved it — when we won. I want them to say that we did it all the right way. Always the right way.”’

When we all know that he is full of ****!!

The Miami Dolphins Complete Cheating History - Your Team Cheats - The Definitive Guide to NFL Cheating

The Dolphins lost a first round draft pick for tampering to get Shula! How can he say they were within the rules with a straight face. Unbelievable.

Oh, and RIP.

Last edited:
I am only here for RIP.

Please continue to rip this bitter hypocrite.

Heard the cuts of beef at his Don Schulas Steakhouse was tough as shoe leather.

Guy was a sad, bitter fool. But be careful about rejoicing in his death....in doing that we become bitter and hate filled ourselves, and that is a negative.

Guy was a sad, bitter fool. But be careful about rejoicing in his death....in doing that we become bitter and hate filled ourselves, and that is a negative.

I don’t think anyone is actually happy he’s dead (hopefully, as I agree with you).

However some people will take shots at him just because he’s in the news. Whether one feels that is appropriate is a matter of opinion. I only did so because he took shots (so to speak) at the Patriots in his obituary. I feel it’s fine to respond to those on a patriots message board.

I don’t think anyone is actually happy he’s dead (hopefully, as I agree with you).

However some people will take shots at him just because he’s in the news. Whether one feels that is appropriate is a matter of opinion. I only did so because he took shots (so to speak) at the Patriots in his obituary. I feel it’s fine to respond to those on a patriots message board.
Oh, I am def not here to eulogise him. Reading that thing in the Miami Herald about being remembered as a guy who never cheated just shows him up for what he was. But as you likely agree, will save my bile for paedos ect

Shula was one of The BIGGEST AHOLES and overrated coaches in the history of Pro Sports! He knew BB was a MUCH better coach than he ever was and every year became more bitter and jealous....and it was SAD and PATHETIC!

With that having been said my condolences to his family....

I'm sorry for his family's loss.

All I saw was a bitter old man who was unhappy he was going to be passed by another coach and lashed out over it to delegitimize that coach's accomplishments. I hope he wasn't as miserable in his personal life as he was whenever he spoke of the Patriots.

I always wanted him to live to see Belichick pass him to see if he could muster up the class to congratulate Bill. Selfish of me, but what can I say?

One of my personal rules - if I believe I'm the better person I should behave so.

Condolences to Shula's family, and hopes that if any part of him survives, he's reflecting on his errors and learning from them.

Just want to point out he is also the most overrated coach in the history of American sports.

7 seasons with Johnny Unitas (who hated him) - ZERO championships
13 seasons with Dan Marino - ZERO championships

Almost inarguably the two greatest passers of the modern era relative to their peers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back