PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Don Shula has passed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel bad for his family. I hope they are finding peace and comfort.

As for Don himself, he was an *******, so **** him. I'm glad the forum is letting him have it. He was everything ugly about the modern NFL and, ironically for the current winningest NFL coach, the vanguard of the new loser culture forming in America.

I'm glad he died a bitter man, being so insecure that he essentially allowed BB to live forever on his tombstone.

Tell us how......you realllllllllly feel.....

Didn’t like him at all, but he was an NFL legend. May the good Lord rest him and keep him, and give comfort to his loved ones.

Agreed, too bad he wanted Rushmore all to himself. Just bitter and a douchcase these last 15 years

dyam...I feel sorry for the murder hornets....deprived of a truly worthy victim

If Shula gets to heaven and God is watching 3 games to Glory 6 ( because why wouldn't he be?) Is Shula in hell?

Shula isn't getting to heaven. On an even brighter note the guy in charge where he is going will no doubt have the Snow Plow Game, '85 AFCCG and Super Bowls VI, XVII & XIX playing on an endless loop just for him.

Shula isn't getting to heaven. On an even brighter note the guy in charge where he is going will no doubt have the Snow Plow Game, '85 AFCCG and Super Bowls VI, XVII & XIX playing on an endless loop just for him.
We beat the Fins quite a bit, mostly in Foxborough.

Those games include when the Dolphins were elite.

The Mosi-flea flicker back to Grogan for the Hawthorne TD in '85 must be on that loop.

dyam...I feel sorry for the murder hornets....deprived of a truly worthy victim
Now hold on just a minute, Roger is still out there...

Just have to get him on the right golf course.

RIP Don Shula

Patriots fans as a group are way too neurotic and thin skinned. Why care about every ding-dong thing anybody ever said about us?

We've already won all the arguments. Everybody who disagrees is just fighting a rearguard action against the weight of history itself, and those people always lose in the end.

It's like how anybody complaining about Jordan or the 1990s Bulls generally just gets laughed out of the room now as some kind of crank. He's transcended even the provably true tawdry elements of his career, because he won so much nobody can take any of that stuff seriously.

It's like we don't grasp sometimes how history is already burying all the critics of the dynasty. Brady and Belichick are in the NFL 100 All-Time Team, and 2000s and 2010s All-Decade Teams. All the crying about fake cheating scandals and all the rest never mattered, and will matter less than that with the passing of time. All the current dramas will fall away so hard it will be like they never happened.

Hell, you could even see it with Deflategate, where a bunch of the usual suspects weren't even able to keep hyping it and just gave up and admitted the whole thing was dumb.

Don Shula got his high fives from 99% of the country while hypocritically piling on the NEP. That was his decision to cash in and thump his chest. The very least the 1% of “bitter, salty Patriots fans” can do it let the **** head have it.

It’s irrelevant now history remembers the Patriots. Shula and Dungy are two biggest loser hypocrite coaches ever, both hiding behind “CHEATER!” accusations when we know neither of them ran anything close to a clean program.

I can’t stand these guys who try to win the PR battle in professional sports. What the **** happened to the no-nonsense winner who doesn’t make excuses or cry to the fans, media, and competition committee? That’s why I like Belichick above these losers, not just because he’s the Patriots coach.

Too much steak...

I think that Lucifer is also including the 27-0 Cleveland thrashing of the Shula coached, 7 point favorite, Colts in the 1964 NFL championship, the Super Bowl of its time. Shula had Johnny Unitas, the greatest quarterback of his era, and he couldn't even manufacture a field goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back