PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Don Shula has passed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Mercury Morris crawled out from under the bridge to offer some choice/insightful comments??.. I await his pearls of wisdom with baited breath..

Well this thread didn’t disappoint.

If Shula gets to heaven and God is watching 3 games to Glory 6 ( because why wouldn't he be?) Is Shula in hell?

I feel bad for his family. I hope they are finding peace and comfort.

As for Don himself, he was an *******, so **** him. I'm glad the forum is letting him have it. He was everything ugly about the modern NFL and, ironically for the current winningest NFL coach, the vanguard of the new loser culture forming in America.

I'm glad he died a bitter man, being so insecure that he essentially allowed BB to live forever on his tombstone.

He was a highly successful NFL coach for a very long time.

His teams won a tremendous number of regular season games and even won a championship, mostly while using a backup QB.

I don't really hold anything against him as a coach.

In retirement he unfortunately became bitter and cranky, which is sad for his memory and sad I'm sure for the family, who mourn his loss.

RIP

Patriots fans as a group are way too neurotic and thin skinned. Why care about every ding-dong thing anybody ever said about us?

We've already won all the arguments. Everybody who disagrees is just fighting a rearguard action against the weight of history itself, and those people always lose in the end.

It's like how anybody complaining about Jordan or the 1990s Bulls generally just gets laughed out of the room now as some kind of crank. He's transcended even the provably true tawdry elements of his career, because he won so much nobody can take any of that stuff seriously.

It's like we don't grasp sometimes how history is already burying all the critics of the dynasty. Brady and Belichick are in the NFL 100 All-Time Team, and 2000s and 2010s All-Decade Teams. All the crying about fake cheating scandals and all the rest never mattered, and will matter less than that with the passing of time. All the current dramas will fall away so hard it will be like they never happened.

Hell, you could even see it with Deflategate, where a bunch of the usual suspects weren't even able to keep hyping it and just gave up and admitted the whole thing was dumb.

At least he got to see the Pats/BB win 3 more Superbowls before he passed. Got to focus on the positives, you know?

Aufkleber_Trollface.jpg

I warned him about living down there.

Don Shula: "I want them to say that he won within the rules."

Reality: "I changed the rules to suit myself on the competition committee."

Bill Polian's role model.

Peace to you and your family.

Honestly it's too bad it wasn't Shula that had to take the 62-7 loss.

Don Shula: "I want them to say that he won within the rules."

Reality: "I changed the rules to suit myself on the competition committee."

Bill Polian's role model.

Peace to you and your family.
Yeah and the refs went easy on him because he was on the committee. That was the complaint at the time.

At least he got to see the Pats/BB win 3 more Superbowls before he passed. Got to focus on the positives, you know?

So 6 x "Today we are all Patriosh... wish at leash one notable eggshepshion!"? :)
kraft_medium.gif

Really well said

That the guy whose behavior spawned the first loss of a #1 pick punishment, watered down his field to win a playoff game and made his players take the needle or take a bus out of town wanted to be remembered for 'winning within the rules' is fitting. He was a hypocrite in life too.

Ladies and Gents in place of Dirty Don we now give you the not new and never improved Gone Don. May he forever rot in that special corner of sports purgatory reserved for the lamest of hypocrites.

Oh, almost forgot, condolences to his loved ones

Really well said bud

I feel bad for his family. I hope they are finding peace and comfort.

As for Don himself, he was an *******, so **** him. I'm glad the forum is letting him have it. He was everything ugly about the modern NFL and, ironically for the current winningest NFL coach, the vanguard of the new loser culture forming in America.

I'm glad he died a bitter man, being so insecure that he essentially allowed BB to live forever on his tombstone.

Anyone else up for a road trip? Wouldn't it be cool to be a part of his funeral procession, and everyone of us wearing a Patriots ball cap, and riding tractors with plow attachments for clearing snow?
OIP.MktxccNu_uWA5vpOoTELKwHaE3

Didn’t like him at all, but he was an NFL legend. May the good Lord rest him and keep him, and give comfort to his loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back