PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Don Shula has passed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad it wasn’t Shula that took the 62-7 beatdown instead of JJ.

Shula isn't getting to heaven. On an even brighter note the guy in charge where he is going will no doubt have the Snow Plow Game, '85 AFCCG and Super Bowls VI, XVII & XIX playing on an endless loop just for him.
I think that Lucifer is also including the 27-0 Cleveland thrashing of the Shula coached, 7 point favorite, Colts in the 1964 NFL championship, the Super Bowl of its time. Shula had Johnny Unitas, the greatest quarterback of his era, and he couldn't even manufacture a field goal.
Growing up in the 60's and 70's, I had a lot of respect for Don Shula. As a Patriots fan, I hated him, like we hated the Cowboys, but he played for and was a disciple of the great Paul Brown, an innovator who pioneered integration in the sport.

I was glad for him in '72, because the Dolphins were the best team and it shook the "can't win the big one" monkey off his back. This, after they beat us 52-0 in the Orange Bowl.

We regularly beat them in Foxborough after that, and he was still one of the bad guys. But the balloon deflated flatulently in '82, his behavior in the snow game fueling the already ramped up Patriots denigration after we went 2-14 the season before.

What little credibility the guy had left disintegrated forever in 2007. It was not just the Ravens game. Crygate, and Defamegate later, are very revealing in exactly where the Patriots stand in the NFL.

It's oddly gratifying to have everything out in the open, even if the media will never acknowledge it. Very much like how African-Americans continue to be treated in this country. You will see virtually nothing about it on TV.

Last edited:
oops...next post...

Last edited:
Ok, Coach Shula, I don't hold grudges.
I sincerely hope you R.I.P.

(Rot In Perdition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back