PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Dolphins might be closing in on a deal for Deshaun Watson (edit: or not)

He is only 26. Even if he misses all of this year and all of next, he will only be 28 when he gets back. Based on his playing style, there is no way he will be playing into his 40 and doubtful into his late 30s. But even if he misses all this year (very likely) and all of next (who knows?), he still should have at least 4-5 more years as a top QB.

I expect his window to be short because he relies so much on his physical talents, but would be that he will be playing until his late early 30s or mid 30s rather than late 30s or 40s.
Dude, he's not missing all of this year and next. What are you smoking?

I'd be ok w that.

That mullet is more suited for JAX than South Beach.
I think a lot of forum members would drive him to the airport. And if there are no flights they'd just drive him all the way to Florida, probably in their trunks.

(I don't have an opinion one way or the other about his work yet)

I still think with so much uncertainty around his case, I wouldn't risk it.

There is a potential high reward for doing this especially if Watson is vindicated and gets no suspension from the league. But with a lot of uncertainties, I am not sure I would make that risk.
That's why Ross is a successful real estate developer and one of the 32 and you sit in your underwear in front of your computer pontificating.
Let's look at a potential doomsday scenario. What if Watson accidentally admits to sexually assaulting one of these women in a deposition and then the DA decides to bring charges. The NFL may be forced to give a historic suspension. Of course this is a worst case, extremely unlikely scenario; but I am using it to make a point.
LMAO, you're on a trip man.

But then again, the way the Dolphins have wasted draft picks in recent years, does giving away two firsts really mean much to them?
I wouldn't call Waddle a wasted pick. Wish we had him here.

The league just gave the WFT a slap on the wrist on a sexual harassment case even though we found out last week that there are emails of WFT executives sending topless pictures of WFT cheerleaders to ESPN analysts.
You mean those WHITE executives, and the WHITE owner?

To repeat:

Racist! Unfair!

Racist! Unfair! Look at how the white QBs have been treated!

That's what Goodell's facing if he goes for the hard spanking.
Did AB serve any suspension for settling his civil alleged rape case?

The NFL have their cake and eat it too in this. They got Watson on a defacto exemption list without having to do it themselves. The best of both worlds for them. I guarantee you that the second he gets trade and if he gets activated this season, Goodell will put him on the exemption list.
How is Watson on an exemption list when he's getting paid and on the roster? You must not know what the exemption list is.

I think a lot of forum members would drive him to the airport. And if there are no flights they'd just drive him all the way to Florida, probably in their trunks.

Abso fv&king lutely. @Kontradiction even volunteered to have him stay at his pad while he finds housing.

I think young DCs make mistakes and that is part of the process.

For all of us who have ever been hired for a job or promoted and f__ed up because we were N00bs it's understandable.

In this instance, I have no doubt Little Stephen has made mistakes and BB has told him what he did wrong.

Does he have the capacity to learn quickly and apply the improvement? No clue.

Ross is a very successful real estate developer. If these trade rumors are true, he will have done proper due diligence. There won't be any discovery or depos if the cases are settled. Maybe, if true, there's info the cases are close to being settled. Once civil cases are settled, more than likely the State drops their investigation since part of the settlement would include accusers dropping their cooperation with the State. Given the above scenario, the only unknown would be what Goodell does. Since Ross pays his salary, pretty sure he's had a talk with Pash.

My point is, your doomsday scenario that MIA is so desperate they will proceed w/o knowing outcome of anything is sheer fantasy in your brain.

Watson has already said he wants to go to court to clear his name and has no intention to even discuss settlements. If he was going to settle, it was in his best interest to settle this summer. It would have allowed him to be traded. It would allow the NFL to finish their investigation and levy a punishment to let him play. And it would make the criminal investigation go away because any settlement would have any of the women accusing him not cooperate with the prosecutor.

Watson could ultimately settle at some point, but it seems pretty clear he intends to go to trial.

And I don't care what Ross does for a living or how successful he is. There are so many variables that are unknown that he cannot possibly know them all. I mean even if Watson wants to settle, who knows if he could come to a deal with all 22 plantiffs. What if he is guilty and one or more of these women aren't motivated by money and just want their day in court and have a jury say that they were assaulted?

That's why Ross is a successful real estate developer and one of the 32 and you sit in your underwear in front of your computer pontificating.

LMAO, you're on a trip man.

I wouldn't call Waddle a wasted pick. Wish we had him here.

Yes, Ross has all those Super Bowl rings. I mean when I think of NFL excellence, I think of Ross' Dolphins. The guy has been a joke of an owner and has looked ridiculous many times. He might be a genius in the corporate world, but he has been in over his head as a owner.

Dude, he's not missing all of this year and next. What are you smoking?

He won't play this year. That is pretty much a given. If he was not going to miss this year or next years, there would be other teams fighting for him. He may not miss next year (although he will probably miss time unless exonerated). But there is no way they are going to let him play with 22 open sexual assault or rape allegations.

Did AB serve any suspension for settling his civil alleged rape case?

No, but that was because no one would touch him. The Pats ended up cutting him a week later and it was pretty much an understanding that if anyone picked him up he would go on the exempt list.

But how about Greg Hardy or Adrian Peterson. Both were put on the commissioner exemption list before their cases played out. I think 22 sexual assault allegations (with 10 criminal referrals) is comprehible to what both those men were accused of.

Last edited:
How is Watson on an exemption list when he's getting paid and on the roster? You must not know what the exemption list is.

I said a de facto exempt list. And if you are on the commissioner's exempt list, you get paid. It is a paid suspension. You must not know what de facto is,

You mean those WHITE executives, and the WHITE owner?

To repeat:

Racist! Unfair!

Stop it. Watson is accused of 22 sexual assault/rape allegations. No one is going to accuse it of being racial.

Stop it. Watson is accused of 22 sexual assault/rape allegations. No one is going to accuse it of being racial.

You think nobody is going to claim racism about significantly different punishment levels?

giphy.gif

Goodell isn't going to do anything

He will if he has to just like he did with Greg Hardy and Adrian Peterson. He won't if he doesn't have to though. As long as the Texans have him suspended and he isn't fighting it, he gets what he wants without having to do anything.

You think nobody is going to claim racism about significantly different punishment levels?

giphy.gif

You don't think people aren't going say more if he lets a player with 22 sexual assault allegations play while nothing is settled.

C'mon!

You don't think people aren't going say more if he lets a player with 22 sexual assault allegations play while nothing is settled.

C'mon!

I think we've seen this play out time and again, in any number of areas and fields.

BTW, here is the commissioner exemption list rules. Watson clearly falls under it.

E7JYe-gWUAAuQgf

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back