PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Did the Bucs SB loss Break Patrick Mahomes?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Did the Bucs SB loss Break Patrick Mahomes?

• Yes

Votes: 17 18.7%
  • No

Votes: 37 40.7%
  • It's more his family

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • It's Andy Reid

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • He is rebelling against the worst fanbase in all of sports

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • RLKAG

Votes: 24 26.4%

• Total voters
You're using the "eye test". Well, that's the same kind of crap that has people thinking Rodgers and Mahomes are co-GOATs too.

You haven't fought me yet. You conceded the stats argument, you have no accomplishments argument, and the "eye test" is a "he said/she said" waste of time. I can do and "eye test" and tell you Randall Cunningham was the best to ever lace them up.

Dude, I said from the very beginning it's my opinion on the matter. THis is why I am confused as to why you are making such a big deal out of it. Move on - don't you have anything better to do?

Look, you lost, its over. It was a cute sentiment and a nice try to call them co-goats. But you are making our point for us. If JM had all the same intangibles as TB then he would have played just as long, or been in the same amount of superbowls per season, or won as many rings etc.

You cant have it both ways.

JM certainly had the opportunity to win more with all the great players on his team. And he could have extended his career if that was something important to him. It was not obviously - not anywhere near what TB did to insure he could play well into his 40s. Sure he took more violent hits but was he as disciplined as TB?

And its not like there were not precedents for playing a longer career back then. Sticky Rice played until he was 42. In a much more dangerous position than Montana did.

Just stop....its getting embarrassing.

Stupid post. JM was never the same quarterback after Leonard Marshall hit him in the 1990 NFC championship game - he missed two seasons after hit in 1991 and 1992. His career was 49ers career was effectively over and he was not the same QB when he went to the Chiefs in 1993.

Stick to your 4th place Bruins, bud.

Dude, I said from the very beginning it's my opinion on the matter. THis is why I am confused as to why you are making such a big deal out of it. Move on - don't you have anything better to do?

Not right now, no.

You represent your opinion as fact. That's like saying, my "opinion" is that fire isn't hotter than ice. There are no measurable arguments to support it, everyone knows it's not true, so I can't just say "it's my opinion" and not expect people to give me a little **** about it. Especially if they're bored like I am right now.

Stupid post. JM was never the same quarterback after Leonard Marshall hit him in the 1990 NFC championship game - he missed two seasons after hit in 1991 and 1992. His career was 49ers career was effectively over and he was not the same QB when he went to the Chiefs in 1993.

Stick to your 4th place Bruins, bud.
excuses, excuses, A good QB avoids that hit.

Montana diddnt have nearly the pocket awareness of TB

Just stop

The Greatest at something is measurable and definitive. That is why this dosent work. You can say I like Montana better but you cant claim what you are claiming

Also, its a little ironic that YOU are asking someone else on this forum if they have "anything better to do." How much time did you spend in the Brady forum area?

Diddnt you have anything better to do?

The Greatest at something is measurable and definitive. That is why this dosent work. You can say I like Montana better but you cant claim what you are claiming

Also, its a little ironic that YOU are asking someone else on this forum if they have "anything better to do." How much time did you spend in the Brady forum area?

Diddnt you have anything better to do?

No, the game of football has changed considerably over the past 30 years

excuses, excuses, A good QB avoids that hit.

Montana diddnt have nearly the pocket awareness of TB

Just stop

TB took more sacks
Not right now, no.

You represent your opinion as fact. That's like saying, my "opinion" is that fire isn't hotter than ice. There are no measurable arguments to support it, everyone knows it's not true, so I can't just say "it's my opinion" and not expect people to give me a little **** about it. Especially if they're bored like I am right now.

I said “in my book” in my original post. Learn to read or did you not learn that subject at PS59 in Boston? My opinion on a subject is as irrelevant to the world as your opinion on politics, which I’m sure you’ve provided in this forum before.

No, the game of football has changed considerable over the past 30 years
Great, and it only matters what you do against your peers.

Brady destroyed, Manning, Rogers, Rapist, Brees and Mahomes (who playes in the most modern modernest NFL ever BTW) all combined.

61DvtLDl4kL._AC_SS450_.jpg

TB took more sacks
Wait the guy who played for 22 seasons got sacked more than the guy who played 13 seasons? You are an attorney arernt you you sly little devil.

Also,

JM avg 24.1 sacks a year
TB avg 24.7 sacks a year

Career Attempts:

Montana 5391 attempts
Brady 11317 attempts.

So your GOD Montana got sacked less than 1 sack a year VS a guy who threw more than 5926 attempts than he did.

Brady over his 22 year career threw 269 more attempts per year than Montanta did and was sacked less than 1x per year.

Try again.

TB took more sacks

I said “in my book” in my original post. Learn to read or did you not learn that subject at PS59 in Boston? My opinion on a subject is as irrelevant to the world as your opinion on politics, which I’m sure you’ve provided in this forum before.
Burn your book immediately.

It is valid point. The league, really starting with the Tampa SB, is using his tendencies against him. The Bengals only rushed 3 for most of the second half and those 3 didn't try to sack him but created a pocket so he could not escape outside and then they had a spy on him if he tried to take off up the middle. They basically played him basketball style with their backs to the basket and dared him to make the shots. He couldn't. Chiefs fans were wondering why they didn't run more which was the same complaint after the SB with Tampa as well. To me, it was like our Rams SB game in 2001 when we also dared the Rams to run Faulk and they didn't because Bill knew Martz wanted to throw. It is not in Reid's DNA nor Patrick's to play the patient game.
Bill was right, like he is most of the time.

Wasn't it the start of the 2nd half when the Rams gave Faulk the ball 3 straight times and he gained a good chunk of yardage? I'm not sure if they gave him the ball again. I actually think about that as another of the times that you can possibly credit coaches for losing.

Bill was right, like he is most of the time.

Wasn't it the start of the 2nd half when the Rams gave Faulk the ball 3 straight times and he gained a good chunk of yardage? I'm not sure if they gave him the ball again. I actually think about that as another of the times that you can possibly credit coaches for losing.
It probably doesn’t need to be said but that game was the best coached game of Bill’s career.

Wait the guy who played for 22 seasons got sacked more than the guy who played 13 seasons? You are an attorney arernt you you sly little devil.

Also,

JM avg 24.1 sacks a year
TB avg 24.7 sacks a year

Career Attempts:

Montana 5391 attempts
Brady 11317 attempts.

So your GOD Montana got sacked less than 1 sack a year VS a guy who threw more than 5926 attempts than he did.

Brady over his 22 year career threw 269 more attempts per year than Montanta did and was sacked less than 1x per year.

Try again.

Again, they played in different eras. If you take into the fact that quarterbacks are much more protected ever since the Polian rule changes in 2006, then yeah, Brady was sacked a lot more.

Montana won 4 super bowls in 13 years that he was the starter (30%)

Brady won 7 super bowls in 20 years as the starter (35%)

Montana - zero mistakes in the super bowl

Brady - 1st in playoff INTs

Montana - 0 super bowl losses

Brady - 3 super bowl losses

Montana - 2 super bowl wins by one score or less

Brady - 6 super bowl wins by one score or less

Montana won the MVP 3 times in 13 seasons as starter, including one of the rare players to win the MVP and SB the same year

Brady won the MVP 3 times in 20 seasons

ETC.

We can play the numbers game any way you want depending on how you want to cherry pick the stats...

Last edited:
Again, they played in different eras. If you take into the fact that quarterbacks are much more protected ever since the Polian rule changes in 2006, then yeah, Brady was sacked a lot more.

Montana won 4 super bowls in 13 years that he was the starter (30%)

Brady won 7 super bowls in 20 years as the starter (35%)

Montana - zero mistakes in the super bowl

Brady - 1st in playoff INTs

Montana - 0 super bowl losses

Brady - 3 super bowl losses

Montana - 2 super bowl wins by one score or less

Brady - 6 super bowl wins by one score or less

Montana won the MVP 3 times in 13 seasons as starter, including one of the rare players to win the MVP and SB the same year

Brady won the MVP 3 times in 20 seasons

ETC.

We can play the numbers game any way you want depending on how you want to cherry pick the stats...
I just wouldn’t engage. He’s a troll.

If you can’t accept the pats had some great teams with Brady, while also recognizing that he was an all time great, you’re suffering from black or white thinking.

I just wouldn’t engage. He’s a troll.

If you can’t accept the pats had some great teams with Brady, while also recognizing that he was an all time great, you’re suffering from black or white thinking.
Coming from a racist that is a compliment.

Didn’t watch the full game because I was in the hospital becoming a father :) but didn’t Andy Reid decided to not take the points and kick a safe FG at the end of the 2nd quarter? Why go for the dagger there? No need.

I like this “new nfl” with HCs going for it all the time, taking risks,etc.. the analytics back this up I believe, I remember more teams losing games because they were afraid to lose and went conservative than losing for taking too much risk, but they will lose those games too sometimes.

I understand the new generation of HCs defying old football wisdom “you always take the points” but an old dog like Reid should know better.

Didn’t watch the full game because I was in the hospital becoming a father :) but didn’t Andy Reid decided to not take the points and kick a safe FG at the end of the 2nd quarter? Why go for the dagger there? No need.

I like this “new nfl” with HCs going for it all the time, taking risks,etc.. the analytics back this up I believe, I remember more teams losing games because they were afraid to lose and went conservative than losing for taking too much risk, but they will lose those games too sometimes.

I understand the new generation of HCs defying old football wisdom “you always take the points” but an old dog like Reid should know better.
Congrats, good point.

Yeah who can forget Ty Law locking down Owens during that impressive defensive performance by the Pats in that Eagles Super Bowl. Oh wait he wasn’t playing because he went on IR 3 months earlier and TO went off for 100+ yards and a TD.

Oh but Adam kicked the game winner in Super Bowl 38. You know, after going 0 for 2 earlier in the game. Not to mention the Pats defense collapsing and giving up nearly 30 points in the second half alone.

Yeah Butler bailed the Pats out with the pick. After the defense left Lynch wide open on a wheel route and then gave up a crazy circus catch to Kerse. They actively tried to lose the game.

Oh and who can forget Super Bowl 36 when the Pats defense went into the 4th quarter defending a 17-3 lead and proceeded to choke it all away.

Defense won the second super bowl against the Rams I’ll give them that. Brady didn’t play particularly well. He still made the throw of the game though.

Oh but Adam kicked the game winner in Super Bowl 38. You know, after going 0 for 2 earlier in the game. Not to mention the Pats defense collapsing and giving up nearly 30 points in the second half alone.
Yep! It always Adam this and Adam that but nobody ever wants to talk about his huge misses in the SBs. People just cant get over the fact that Gost was better

I can never decide who is worse, AV homers or Edelman homers although Brady homers (like this idiot AMFootball) cant accept that Brady cost us the AFCCG vs Denver in 2015 not Gosts misses ****king extra point.

Yeah who can forget Ty Law locking down Owens during that impressive defensive performance by the Pats in that Eagles Super Bowl. Oh wait he wasn’t playing because he went on IR 3 months earlier and TO went off for 100+ yards and a TD.

Yeah Butler bailed the Pats out with the pick. After the defense left Lynch wide open on a wheel route and then gave up a crazy circus catch to Kerse. They actively tried to lose the game.

Oh and who can forget Super Bowl 36 when the Pats defense went into the 4th quarter defending a 17-3 lead and proceeded to choke it all away.

Defense won the second super bowl against the Rams I’ll give them that. Brady didn’t play particularly well. He still made the throw of the game though.
You’re cherry picking things they did poorly to make your point.

The bad things (0/2 fg, lynch) were anomalies for those players.

You can’t run away from the fact that we had the greatest run of defenses and kicker maybe ever.

Also, consider all of the regular season performances that set the them up for byes in the playoffs. Consider how they maintained a winning roster while still picking low.

Brady didn’t do any of that

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back