PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Did Peter King and Favre break up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoonerPatriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Lots of man love for Sanchize the last two weeks especially after the league's self professed best team's "Hall of Fame" worthy OT wins at Detroit (2-7) and Cleveland (3-6) the last couple of weeks.

I hope Brett takes it okay. He has been Pete's main squeeze for quite some time.

The standard for a "great" quarterback has really fallen. In the case of Sanchez, it's having some of the best talent in the NFL around you and needing to move the ball 10-15 yards just ONCE in about eight attempts to put the game away. Lowest completion pct. in the NFL. This guy will be exposed when the veterans bolt next year; he will be out of the league by 2014. I watch all the Jets games... mark my words. This guy is nowhere NEAR an elite quarterback, or anywhere close to where these guys were in their first few years.

The last decent team the Rats played was GB and look what happened, they got smoked.
Sancheze and the rats have been making their bones by beating weak teams (barely) through poor decision making on the part of Det. and Cleveland, and lots of luck.

The standard for a "great" quarterback has really fallen. In the case of Sanchez, it's having some of the best talent in the NFL around you and needing to move the ball 10-15 yards just ONCE in about eight attempts to put the game away. Lowest completion pct. in the NFL. This guy will be exposed when the veterans bolt next year; he will be out of the league by 2014. I watch all the Jets games... mark my words. This guy is nowhere NEAR an elite quarterback, or anywhere close to where these guys were in their first few years.

The thing that really annoyed me most is King talking about Sanchez' toughness. GMAFB. :rolleyes:

Hope you are right about the veterans. LaClassian will want a long-term 35-40 million deal.

Not sure about their receivers though. Are Holmes and Edwards both on one year deals?

The thing that really annoyed me most is King talking about Sanchez' toughness. GMAFB. :rolleyes:

Hope you are right about the veterans. LaClassian will want a long-term 35-40 million deal.

Not sure about their receivers though. Are Holmes and Edwards both on one year deals?

Holmes and Edwards are both FAs after this year. Rumor is that Edwards in gone, but who knows with the Jets. I doubt they'll sign both of them. They do not have many draft picks since they trade them away for a year of service. If the cap comes back they are in big trouble... think about all the huge contracts they've dished out... Revis, Mangold, D-Brick, Sanchez, Pace, Scott, Jenkins, etc. They have a good, young core of players, but they'll have a lot of replacing to do and not much cap space. They've gone all-in typical of Rex Ryan without considering the future impact. If they don't win now, it could get ugly.

King's going for a younger model, it happens. I hear Brett is reduced to sending cawk pictures to Betty White, these days.

interesting in today's mmqb

I think I have to hand it to Deion Sanders for his magnanimous gesture Wednesday on our Sirius NFL Radio show. Sanders and I hadn't spoken in 10 years. We used to be tight; he gave me the pseudonym he used for all hotel stays, so when I'd need to talk to him on the road, I always had the password to get to him.
But he was broken player when he signed a $56-million contract with the Redskins in 2000. The Cowboys, his employers in 1999, wouldn't have passed him on their physical in 2000, and thus cut him. The Redskins surely didn't do all their due diligence in investigating Sanders' health (he had major turf toe problems that inhibited his great cover ability), and from the start of the season, he was a shell of himself.
The Detroit Lions, in the second game of the season, went after Sanders early and often, which would have been unheard of when Prime was in his Prime. And so early in that season I wrote the Redskins had been robbed by Sanders, and Dan Snyder had made a dumb signing. The dumb signing was right; the fact that Sanders had pilfered the money was a stretch, because clearly it takes two to tango, and the blame should have been on Washington for a dumb signing.
Anyway, Sanders held a grudge over what I said; when I tried to interview him that season, team PR man Doug Green asked him to talk to me, and Deion, according to Green, said, "Tell Peter, God bless him, but I'm never going to speak to him again.'' And that was that until he was a guest on the Sirius show the other morning. At the end of the conversation, Sanders said to me: "Peter, I miss you. We had a great relationship early on, you did something I thought was offensive, but it wasn't bad, because you just gave your honest opinion when you thought I was slipping, and I took it personal. I apologize. You're a good man, Peter. You're a good man. You really are.''
Why, thank you, Deion. No apology necessary. The thing that's hard about this job sometimes is that when you call out people you've had good relationships with, you know it's going to either ruin those relationships or change them forever. It's happened with Sanders, Bruce Smith, Bill Belichick, and, to some degree, with Brett Favre over the years. Reporters have to call 'em as we see em, and sometimes the truth as we see it hurts. That's the business we're in.

Read more: Patriots? Jets? Giants? There are no super NFL teams this season - Peter King - SI.com

interesting in today's mmqb

I think I have to hand it to Deion Sanders for his magnanimous gesture Wednesday on our Sirius NFL Radio show. Sanders and I hadn't spoken in 10 years. We used to be tight; he gave me the pseudonym he used for all hotel stays, so when I'd need to talk to him on the road, I always had the password to get to him.
But he was broken player when he signed a $56-million contract with the Redskins in 2000. The Cowboys, his employers in 1999, wouldn't have passed him on their physical in 2000, and thus cut him. The Redskins surely didn't do all their due diligence in investigating Sanders' health (he had major turf toe problems that inhibited his great cover ability), and from the start of the season, he was a shell of himself.
The Detroit Lions, in the second game of the season, went after Sanders early and often, which would have been unheard of when Prime was in his Prime. And so early in that season I wrote the Redskins had been robbed by Sanders, and Dan Snyder had made a dumb signing. The dumb signing was right; the fact that Sanders had pilfered the money was a stretch, because clearly it takes two to tango, and the blame should have been on Washington for a dumb signing.
Anyway, Sanders held a grudge over what I said; when I tried to interview him that season, team PR man Doug Green asked him to talk to me, and Deion, according to Green, said, "Tell Peter, God bless him, but I'm never going to speak to him again.'' And that was that until he was a guest on the Sirius show the other morning. At the end of the conversation, Sanders said to me: "Peter, I miss you. We had a great relationship early on, you did something I thought was offensive, but it wasn't bad, because you just gave your honest opinion when you thought I was slipping, and I took it personal. I apologize. You're a good man, Peter. You're a good man. You really are.''
Why, thank you, Deion. No apology necessary. The thing that's hard about this job sometimes is that when you call out people you've had good relationships with, you know it's going to either ruin those relationships or change them forever. It's happened with Sanders, Bruce Smith, Bill Belichick, and, to some degree, with Brett Favre over the years. Reporters have to call 'em as we see em, and sometimes the truth as we see it hurts. That's the business we're in.

Read more: Patriots? Jets? Giants? There are no super NFL teams this*season - Peter King - SI.com

I guess every couple has their spats. I think his issues with BB are ongoing. The Sanders thing was really interesting. I had no idea.

I think he's referring to his sanctimonious crooning during "spygate" and how that basically closed whatever inroads he had with the Pats.

The Brett Favre mention was surprising though.

I think he's referring to his sanctimonious crooning during "spygate" and how that basically closed whatever inroads he had with the Pats.

Not too sure about that, Nikolai. Kraft chose King to break the Brady contract story, after all.

Not too sure about that, Nikolai. Kraft chose King to break the Brady contract story, after all.

maybe but king hasnt intvewed BB since the last time he went to his home and talked to him after SB39

I should have been more specific and said Belichick. Though I did forget about King breaking the Brady contract story.

Reading MMQB, and it's making me ill watching the way he's falling all over himself to praise Sanchez. Like I said yesterday, the media will quickly forget that the play was a simple five yard slant that Santonio took to the house. Holmes should be getting credit for that play. Sanchez should be getting credit for underthrowing a deep ball and having it picked off in crunch time.

Seriously, who cares about King gushing over Sanchez. Sanchez is a wildly inconsistent QB who can be great one moment and horrible the next. Right now, he might be the biggest obstacle for the Jets to get to the Super Bowl.

Just a thought ,maybe he's trying to distance himself from Favre if the Sterger thing goes bad for mim...

Just a thought ,maybe he's trying to distance himself from Favre if the Sterger thing goes bad for mim...

He's distancing himself alright, but not to save himself. He was really pissed to find that Favre was sending cawk pictures to someone else...

Last edited:
Reading MMQB, and it's making me ill watching the way he's falling all over himself to praise Sanchez. Like I said yesterday, the media will quickly forget that the play was a simple five yard slant that Santonio took to the house. Holmes should be getting credit for that play. Sanchez should be getting credit for underthrowing a deep ball and having it picked off in crunch time.

Kon

It's consistent with ESPN and NFLN coverage after the game last night. Several minutes were spent covering the Jets right after the game of the year finished.

The Jets are the media's last hope for a non Pats Super Bowl. Can't really argue the Steelers or Ravens (Jamie Dukes will but that's Jamie Dukes).

Lots of man love for Sanchize the last two weeks especially after the league's self professed best team's "Hall of Fame" worthy OT wins at Detroit (2-7) and Cleveland (3-6) the last couple of weeks.

I hope Brett takes it okay. He has been Pete's main squeeze for quite some time.

spit my food out reading the title to this thread.

maybe Peter is looking for some get back together sexting.

We'll see ... I think Rex Ryan is one of the better coaches in the league.
So we need to see if this is Rex scheming good for Sanchez or if Sanchez really is good.
many experts were down on Sanchez ... I'm leaning towards Ryan making him look good for now.

Last edited:
Seriously, who cares about King gushing over Sanchez. Sanchez is a wildly inconsistent QB who can be great one moment and horrible the next. Right now, he might be the biggest obstacle for the Jets to get to the Super Bowl.

It's not just King, it's pretty much everyone on ESPN and NFLN. They're following all over themselves to crown Sanchez as the next king of New York. They're absolutely creaming their pants over how he played in overtime of yesterday's game when the fact of the matter is he really didn't do anything special. He should be buying Santonio Holmes a new Cadillac for that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back