PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Derek Carr Signs 5yr $125M Extension With Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimmy G must be livid
If he doesn't get to play and be set up for success when he does play he wont see close to that kind of pay day.

He does seem to be a promising QB and they've wallowed for a long time. Can't blame them for making the deal, but that's quite a haul for the QB. Might hurt them in other places unless the Cap is accelerating towards infinity.

Cool...another big gain for the Patriots. Teams with good quarterbacks are typically good enough to make the playoffs, but their huge salaries also cause major deficiencies on the team. Unless, of course, you have Tom Brady playing at a deep discount and being worth approximately 2X his cap value.

Carr may well be worth his contract, but he is no longer a dirt cheap asset performing way above his salary. In the AFC, you have huge money deals out for Carr, Flacco, Dalton, Tannehill, and Luck. That only helps the Patriots.

Jimmy G must be livid
If he doesn't get to play and be set up for success when he does play he wont see close to that kind of pay day.

Not sure what your point is. Far as I can tell, as long as he gets an opportunity at SOME point, the later it happens = the bigger the payday. If his megadeal happened 3-4 years from now it'll definitely eclipse 30M annually.

Not sure what your point is. Far as I can tell, as long as he gets an opportunity at SOME point, the later it happens = the bigger the payday. If his megadeal happened 3-4 years from now it'll definitely eclipse 30M annually.
My point is if Brady is still playing like the Goat and Jimmy like left as a free agent or is traded chances are in a new system he doesn't look as good as he can so he won't be in line for a big of a Payday as if he took the wheel here and drove this offense.

I think JimmyG cost himself a few millions with that injury extending a play that he shouldn't with a big lead on the scoreboard. He would go 4-0 and God knows what would happen in terms of trade but I'm sure inquiring teams would go much farther than the offers they made for a 2 wins and an injury guy.

I think JimmyG cost himself a few millions with that injury extending a play that he shouldn't with a big lead on the scoreboard. He would go 4-0 and God knows what would happen in terms of trade but I'm sure inquiring teams would go much farther than the offers they made for a 2 wins and an injury guy.

He would still be on this team even if he went 4-0

Drafted same year as JG, still think JG is the better QB

David Carr is the best young QB in the game. He's a stud. JG has played 2.5 games. Right now it's not even a discussionable topic. (I think I may have just made up a word). JG has potential but as my old coach used to say potential is worth a warm bucket of spit.

Jimmy G must be livid

Why would Jimmy G be livid? He'll command something close to that when he hits free agency next year and all he has to do is sit on the bench this year behind the GOAT.

Did I dream that gruesome leg injury...?

Why would Jimmy G be livid? He'll command something close to that when he hits free agency next year and all he has to do is sit on the bench this year behind the GOAT.
I don't think the 2 games is enough for a team to break the bank and if he sits on the bench next season how does his value go up?

I was just thinking the same thing. Getting drafted in the 1st round is a team benefit. Especially if it's a QB that we're talking about with the inflated market.

Did I dream that gruesome leg injury...?

My son's High School QB suffered nearly the exact same injury during the playoffs his JR year and came back for his SR year and was fine. I'm sure the doctors Carr is being tended by are far better than what the local kid was getting. He will return and be fine, IMO. And the Raiders too as I don't believe they would have just shelled out 72 mil in guarantees if they had any doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back