OT: Dan Orlovsky Top 5 QB's Of All Time

1. Bledsoe
2. Montana
3. Unitas
4. Graham
5. Manning
Drawing Motivation GIF

And Plunkett and Flutie will be right up there with Tom & Joe
When you are at a party and you use Brady Montana, Flutie and plunkett in the same sentence do people look at you funny?

Last edited:
I have no issue with Mahommes being so high. He is great and honestly Brady has played a role in diminishing his greatness by being a major roadblock for him in the post season many times. Joe Burrow and Josh Allen is all that currently stand in his way from the AFC. Mahommes' problem is that I don't think he'll have longevity. He injures his legs far too often.

I have no issue with Mahommes being so high. He is great and honestly Brady has played a role in diminishing his greatness by being a major roadblock for him in the post season many times. Joe Burrow and Josh Allen is all that currently stand in his way from the AFC. Mahommes' problem is that I don't think he'll have longevity. He injures his legs far too often.

You don't have an issue with a guy whose played 5 seasons being ranked the #2 quarterback of all-time? The league has been in existence for almost 100 years. It's insulting to the league's history because there have been so many players who have moved the needle of the position. It's a nauseating level of recency bias.

Once again, a measurement system without a clear measurement.
Today's athletes would have crushed any defense before 1980. So it is best at the role, or the one who most rose above the others of his era?

AFC sucked for so long there shouldn't be a Marino or Elway. Marino's first 4 years were off the charts, next 13, OK. Only 1 season of 30+ TD's only. 252 INT's in 242 games, sucks, Turnovers #1 reason teams lose. He helped.
Only reason Elway won, was Terrell Davis, so they could take the ball out of his hands. 7Wins-7Losses - 21 TD's18 INT's before Davis, 7 Wins -0 Losses 6 TD's 3 INT's with Davis in Play-offs.

In 4 seasons in Elways career, he had more INT's then TD's. Right there kills it for me.

Last edited:
AFC sucked for so long there shouldn't be a Marino or Elway. Marino's first 4 years were off the charts, next 13, OK. 1 season of 30+ TD's only. 252 INT's in 242 games, sucks, Turnovers #1 reason teams lose. He helped.

Marino is essentially Manning but without getting carried to two championships. Both had an extraordinarily quick release (Marino led the league in sack pct his first 5-6 seasons), both were postseason chokers. People focus a lot on Manning being carried to a title in 2015 but overlook how terrible he was in 2006.

great reads, especially the second one... and now RKKs donation to the Hamlin foundation makes a lot more sense to me...

Luckman got hosed on the NFL100 list. There’s no way Elway, Favre, or Marino belong before him. If they’re putting Baugh on the list, they should put on his rival who was arguably better and inarguably more accomplished (4 championships to 2). Starr got hosed too, although he’s polarizing (low volume, never threw more than 17 TD passes in a season.)

Personally I don’t think Favre belongs on any top 10 list, even of just the SB era.
Because a lot of things about him are a turn off, it's convenient to dismiss Favre. But, like Manning, he made the team he played for win. Like Manning, he could play. I think these guys tried their best. Like Bledsoe.

Modern culture, society does not encourage character, unselfishness, or humility.

I think Brady will admit the game is a challenge, and you never "solve" it, you always work at it and try to be ready for whatever situation you find yourself in in any given game.

Like, for example, being down 25 points near the end of the third quarter of the Super Bowl, having scored only three points. For instance.

Marino is essentially Manning but without getting carried to two championships. Both had an extraordinarily quick release (Marino led the league in sack pct his first 5-6 seasons), both were postseason chokers. People focus a lot on Manning being carried to a title in 2015 but overlook how terrible he was in 2006.
Letting Vinatieri go is as bad as letting Brady go.

Adam was the primary reason the Colts won in '06. Peyton knew he only had to get in field goal range, and they'd get three points.

Dealing Branch was fatal too. Close but no cigar doesn't make losing better.

Adam's career was extended by the dome, and in the long run Ghost could have been as good, but BB never trusted him in crucial times.

BB did himself in a lot by following his "policy", his "beliefs" and ignoring obvious common sense.

Recency bias is a thing.
So is stupidity. Putting Elway and Marino ahead of Montana is ridiculous. Putting Manning ahead is just a tiny bit less ridiculous but ridiculous nonetheless

Leaving off Montana is rediculous but considering Mahomes is not. He's been that good. If he wins it this year I think he passes Manning. I've been thinking this for awhile.

For now I think this is it:
Brady
Montana
Marino
Elway
Manning
Marino is way too high. He doesn’t have a ring because when it mattered most, he played his worst, by a lot.

Marino had a passer rating of 77.1 in the Play-offs for his career. 85.0 is average. Probably Coaching.

AFC sucked for so long there shouldn't be a Marino or Elway. Marino's first 4 years were off the charts, next 13, OK. Only 1 season of 30+ TD's only. 252 INT's in 242 games, sucks, Turnovers #1 reason teams lose. He helped.
Only reason Elway won, was Terrell Davis, so they could take the ball out of his hands. 7Wins-7Losses - 21 TD's18 INT's before Davis, 7 Wins -0 Losses 6 TD's 3 INT's with Davis in Play-offs.

In 4 seasons in Elways career, he had more INT's then TD's. Right there kills it for me.
Lots of all time greats have more picks than TD's, that doesn't bother me.

Elway was a pampered baby with no acumen. The opposite of Brady:

Scouts loved him, great at the combine, drafted at the top, anointed the savior without taking a snap, never learned or developed anything, just got paid handsomely and accepted accolades and thinks he's great.

Now, John made plays. To beat us, every time (granted against nobody at quarterback). But only with ability, great defense and everything backing him.

Brady & Flutie had to fight just to play.

Elway had something Marino didn't have late in their careers - a HOF RB and a Pro Bowl WR. Elway wouldn't have won those two titles without Davis and the emergence of Rod Smith. Neil Smith coming over was a big get as well.

Elway had something Marino didn't have late in their careers - a HOF RB and a Pro Bowl WR. Elway wouldn't have won those two titles without Davis and the emergence of Rod Smith. Neil Smith coming over was a big get as well.
...and the chop block and cap cheating things...

Agree. Also, Benny Friedman is arguably the most important QB in history, the true father of the position but is oft unknown. He was throwing as many TD passes as the rest of the league combined in the late 20s. Then Baugh and Luckman. Then Graham. Then Unitas (given too much credit.)
Isn't that PatJews cousin?

SmartSelect_20230204_193027_Firefox.jpg

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down