PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Daily Mosslost thread "Miami planning on tanking next year"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't beat em go into the tank.

If that's true, I wonder if Flores knew that going in...

This actually prompted me to think about amendola and whether Miami would be willing to pay him $6 mill again after totally just 575 yards and 1 td this year.

Then i came across this article: Dolphins facing interesting decisions on two veteran receivers. The potential fallout

Wonder what the chances are he does get cut and is available for us... none of his $6m next year is guaranteed according to that article theyd free up all $6 m by releasing him.

Last edited:
Fine by me as long as they lay down when we go to South Beach....

If that's true, I wonder if Flores knew that going in...
I understand the logic, but I’d hope to find a coach that wants to win every single week. A coach that thinks he can win with a team full of Undrafteds that are hungry and willing.

I hope Flores is that coach (but that he still loses to NE).

2sge8l.jpg

They might as well. There’s not any point to going 7-9/6-10/5-11. If there’s a QB you think is a can’t miss prospect, tank the season, try to get your mitts on him, and improve each round’s pick after that.

They might as well. There’s not any point to going 7-9/6-10/5-11. If there’s a QB you think is a can’t miss prospect, tank the season, try to get your mitts on him, and improve each round’s pick after that.
I disagree. Not all great QBs go 1st overall. Yes, many starting QBs in the League were taken in the first round, but I’d prefer Brady/Brees/Wilson to first rounders such as Goff/Rivers/Newton...

Create a culture of winning from the start. You play to win the games. « Can’t miss QBs » are less than 50-50...

Do you really need to tank in the NFL? It's not like the NBA, there's quality all throughout the draft.

I disagree. Not all great QBs go 1st overall. Yes, many starting QBs in the League were taken in the first round, but I’d prefer Brady/Brees/Wilson to first rounders such as Goff/Rivers/Newton...

Create a culture of winning from the start. You play to win the games. « Can’t miss QBs » are less than 50-50...
Brady is by far and away the exception. Furthermore, you have a shot at ANY QB that you want. You also have higher picks in the remaining rounds. The Dolphins have gone your route since Marino retired and have been mired in mediocrity. With Tua coming out, tanking (especially when you’re going nowhere anyway) is a good option to have. By tanking, you also get the chance to purge a lot of dead weight from your cap.

I won’t debate if a team should rank or not

But I am 100% that the HC you tank with CANNOT be the HC you try winning with a season or more later

all I got to say is...."Tanks for the mammaries..."

Mammories.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes