PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Colts Make Ex-Pat Kenny Moore highest paid slot CB in NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was bummed when we let Coleman go because I really liked his production while he was here. Although it's not like we're lacking for CB talent so it's really not a big deal.

Moore, though, not gonna lie, I had totally forgotten he was ever a Patriot.
Coleman was awful outside the hashes

Salary aside over Crossen?
No I think they are happy with what they have.

It is more probable than not that you are dead wrong. If they kept Moore, there likely would have been no need to use a 2nd plus on Dawson last year.

I’ll take it a step further and say that he would have been a far better option to fill in for JJ vs Philly in the SB and Chung wouldn’t have been put in a position to fail/flail vs Agholor. Moore vs Agholor, freeing Chung up to cover Ertz.

PS. Moore was a better CB than Butler in the 2017-18 season, by the last third of the season.

Last edited:
It is more probable than not that you are dead wrong. If they kept Moore, there likely would have been no need to use a 2nd plus on Dawson last year.

I’ll take it a step further and say that he would have been a far better option to fill in for JJ vs Philly in the SB and Chung wouldn’t have been put in a position to fail/flail vs Agholor. Moore vs Agholor, freeing Chung up to cover Ertz.

PS. Moore was a better CB than Butler in the 2017-18 season, by the last third of the season.
lol we will have to disagree by about a mile.

So Crevon Leblanc, Justin Coleman, Kenny Moore, and Daryl Roberts were all in camp within two years as a late pick or UFA.

Only Coleman was here for a regular season game and the Pats arguably made the correct decision cutting the other three.

Unreal.

Because i don't think kenny Moore is a “very good player”.
giphy.gif

BB has been crushing it with the undrafted corner signings but can’t draft one in the second round to save his life.

Because i don't think kenny Moore is a “very good player”.

Well, a respected general manager who has watched every game and the vast majority of the practices during Moore’s two years in the league just made him the highest paid slot receiver two years before he had to do so. He thinks that Moore is pretty f ing good. I’m gonna go with that guy on this topic.

We could see the tradition of our castoff slot corners earning starting gigs continue:

BB has been crushing it with the undrafted corner signings but can’t draft one in the second round to save his life.

He's drafted three CBs in the second round in his time as Patriots head coach, two of whom are currently rookies or de facto rookies right now. Essentially all you are saying here is that some of the UDFAs are better than Cyrus Jones.

Editing because Pro Football Reference doesn't think a bunch of draft picks are cornerbacks: I forgot about Terence Wheatley, so maybe you have a point.

Well, a respected general manager who has watched every game and the vast majority of the practices during Moore’s two years in the league just made him the highest paid slot receiver two years before he had to do so. He thinks that Moore is pretty f ing good. I’m gonna go with that guy on this topic.
You can go with whatever you want. I recognize that many players are misevaluated, offered more than they are worth, underperform, are inconsistent, etc. I don’t believe “a GM paid him” is an iron clad answer.
But that’s fine you are entitled to your opinion and your method of forming it.
I just disagree in this instance.

It's also possible that if they kept Moore he would never develop into the player he currently is. When you start engaging in counterfactuals anything is possible.

Everything the Patriots touch turns to gold.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back