PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Coaching firings around the league

I pray that they hire Patricia for a couple of reasons

No, the reason they won those games is because of inept coaching on the other side. If Brady was so great this year, tell me when was the last time he led his team to more than 20 points?

I agree Bowles is bad though, not sure if he's the worst though, but with all that talent, they should be better. If BB is coaching that team, they are an 11 to 12 win team
HC Is Bowles level of incompetence. He was a pretty good DC. And there are worse HCs.

No, the reason they won those games is because of inept coaching on the other side. If Brady was so great this year, tell me when was the last time he led his team to more than 20 points?

I agree Bowles is bad though, not sure if he's the worst though, but with all that talent, they should be better. If BB is coaching that team, they are an 11 to 12 win team
With Tom Brady right?? I get it.

Brady looks like he's in the prime of his career compared to what Russell Wilson has looked like this season. That Wilson maneuver by Denver may set that franchise back for several years.

Worse head coach in the NFL has to be Todd Bowles. He'd be coaching that Bucs team to a 3-4 win season if not for Brady seizing complete control of the offense late in games.
Bowles can't be the worse HC in the NFL since 3 have already been fired. Bad take.

Kind of surprised the consensus here is that the Broncos were bad because of Wilson and not Hackett. They've had numerous gaffes this year that can specifically be attributed to bad coaching. I don't think Wilson's been at his peak for a while now, so replacing the coach won't completely fix him, but the offense might become more functional regardless.

I see it as a similar situation to Matt Patricia over here, except their incompetent coach was in charge of the entire team.

The reason they won those games was because of their defense and Brady doing just enough to win. Bucs D is top 10 in scoring, total D and passing D. Bowles is a good D coach.

Tell me how BB would've fixed the OL decimated by injuries, retirements and departures. How BB fixes the running game which is dead last in the league. Would he fix the lack of creativity by the OC by hiring his buddy Patricia?

Both BB and Bowles are defensive minded coaches. They both have top 10 Ds. They both have anemic offenses. They both have suspect OLs. They both have the same record. The only difference is BB has an avg running game (#22) and passing game (#22) and Bucs have a good passing game (#4) and terrible running game (#32).

Would the Bucs have a better record with BB as their HC? Probably, but to say he gets them 11 to 12 wins given all of the above is not realistic. Would the Pats have 11 or 12 wins if Brady is their QB? That's not any more likely. Brady would've torn up the Vikings, Raiders, and Dolphins secondaries, so that's 3 more wins, placing the Pats at #5 seed.

The Broncos are going to
Can we trade Patricia for a 7th round pick.

You think the Broncos would take Patricia off our hands for us giving them a seventh round pick to take him? I think they would want one of their first round picks back.

Was watching FOX pregame and the question was asked if any head coach was feeling heat. Jimmy Johnson said that the only heat on BB was from the sun shining down on his statue. Micheal Strahan concurred.
Yeah I have a feeling that Bill has already told Kraft he knows the setup this year has failed and he will get it straightened out with a "real" OC. Hence some of the O'Brien news recently. The only thing I wonder is if Kraft wants to get involved in the QB situation, but I think he will mostly stay out of it.

Stats sure to trigger....

TD passes in '22
Russell Wilson......12.....Consensus Narrative: "Wow he sucks"
Corky E. Doody...........9......Consensus Narrative: "Wow Patricia sucks"

Team Passing TDs / Rushing TDs / FG made in '22
Denver 14 / 8 / 26
NE...........14 / 12 / 30

Home wins
Denver...........3
NE....................3

Call me when the Pats use two firsts, two seconds, and a fifth on Jones and gives him a contract extension that pays him over $48 million a year.

The reason they won those games was because of their defense and Brady doing just enough to win. Bucs D is top 10 in scoring, total D and passing D. Bowles is a good D coach.

Tell me how BB would've fixed the OL decimated by injuries, retirements and departures. How BB fixes the running game which is dead last in the league. Would he fix the lack of creativity by the OC by hiring his buddy Patricia?

Both BB and Bowles are defensive minded coaches. They both have top 10 Ds. They both have anemic offenses. They both have suspect OLs. They both have the same record. The only difference is BB has an avg running game (#22) and passing game (#22) and Bucs have a good passing game (#4) and terrible running game (#32).

Would the Bucs have a better record with BB as their HC? Probably, but to say he gets them 11 to 12 wins given all of the above is not realistic. Would the Pats have 11 or 12 wins if Brady is their QB? That's not any more likely. Brady would've torn up the Vikings, Raiders, and Dolphins secondaries, so that's 3 more wins, placing the Pats at #5 seed.
We can agree to disagree. I like you, you're a good kid, sometimes misinformed, but a good kid.

Someone call the intervention. Jim Irsay is on drugs again.

Quick! What washed up QB can they trade for this offseason? How much can Ballard screw up the Colts before Irsay gives up on the guy.

Someone call the intervention. Jim Irsay is on drugs again.

Quick! What washed up QB can they trade for this offseason? How much can Ballard screw up the Colts before Irsay gives up on the guy.
I think we all knew when Irsay brought in Saturday that it was to make him the permanent HC.

Kind of surprised the consensus here is that the Broncos were bad because of Wilson and not Hackett. They've had numerous gaffes this year that can specifically be attributed to bad coaching. I don't think Wilson's been at his peak for a while now, so replacing the coach won't completely fix him, but the offense might become more functional regardless.

I see it as a similar situation to Matt Patricia over here, except their incompetent coach was in charge of the entire team.
It won't. Wilson is quite explicitly the problem. He was always a limited QB. He used to be able to run well and deep ball well. Seattle's offense was run based with a couple of deep threat receivers who had size and could haul in the big bombs. They couldn't carve you up short and in the middle. They would do dump offs and deep balls and then Russ and the running backs beat you on their legs.

Russ lost his legs and now can only do deep balls and dump offs and Denver is built like a traditional offense.

Hackett wasn't making Russ throw picks or make complete misread. Hackett wasn't good. But Hackett was also forced to treat Wilson like a partner and not a player. Wilson has an office in the building and is treated like a coach. Russell wants to play a certain way that he isn't able to and it's causing issues.

322405916_1222540091664772_7300206190288440649_n.jpg

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back