PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Coaching firings around the league

So BB is blocking his own son? I don’t think so and I also think no one has been asking either.
Yeah I am going with the talent there too and not the Coaching.

In terms of desirability for coaches, I'd rate these jobs Panthers - Colts - Broncos with a pretty wide gap between each of them.
Denver was in a great spot before they sent so much player/draft capital, killed their cap, and made sure their QB position is sunk for years in one swift move. Coach was just the fall guy.

The NFL HQ must have a template for such announcements.

Just fill in the name of the coach being fired, owner, and GM and it cranks out a new version.

That way you always look magnanimous by starting out praising the guy you're about to dump.

"A new direction was in the best interest of the Broncos" == "The old direction sucked!"

Stats sure to trigger....

TD passes in '22
Russell Wilson......12.....Consensus Narrative: "Wow he sucks"
Corky E. Doody...........9......Consensus Narrative: "Wow Patricia sucks"

Team Passing TDs / Rushing TDs / FG made in '22
Denver 14 / 8 / 26
NE...........14 / 12 / 30

Home wins
Denver...........3
NE....................3

Last edited:
Stats sure to trigger....

TD passes in '22
Russell Wilson......12.....Narrative: "Wow he sucks"
Corky Doody...........9......Narrative: "Wow Patricia sucks"

Home wins
Denver...........3
NE....................3
C'mon man. That's disingenuous to compare them. One is a second year player and one is a SB winner with a borderline HoF resume, even is he plays like chit now. The real narrative should be that Wilson is barely better than Mac, who sucks. One guy may be coachable to get some level of improvement, while the other one is set in his ways and uncoachable which got him traded out of Seattle to begin with.

Was watching FOX pregame and the question was asked if any head coach was feeling heat. Jimmy Johnson said that the only heat on BB was from the sun shining down on his statue. Micheal Strahan concurred.
Bill haters are triggered.
Trigger GIF by MOODMAN

There are a lot of bad coaches in the league but probably none worse than Hackett. That game against the Rams was just the epitome of a team quitting and giving no effort.
Brady looks like he's in the prime of his career compared to what Russell Wilson has looked like this season. That Wilson maneuver by Denver may set that franchise back for several years.

Worse head coach in the NFL has to be Todd Bowles. He'd be coaching that Bucs team to a 3-4 win season if not for Brady seizing complete control of the offense late in games.

Brady looks like he's in the prime of his career compared to what Russell Wilson has looked like this season. That Wilson maneuver by Denver may set that franchise back for several years.

Worse head coach in the NFL has to be Todd Bowles. He'd be coaching that Bucs team to a 3-4 win season if not for Brady seizing complete control of the offense late in games.
No, the reason they won those games is because of inept coaching on the other side. If Brady was so great this year, tell me when was the last time he led his team to more than 20 points?

I agree Bowles is bad though, not sure if he's the worst though, but with all that talent, they should be better. If BB is coaching that team, they are an 11 to 12 win team

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back