PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Celtics to trade #1 overall pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
KG was long and rangy like Bill Russell, though not Russell, however Russell used his speed and athleticism to deal with bigger players like Chamberlin, Nate Thurmond, Reed ect.

I think KG would fare well against players like Ewing.

Jesus.

KC didn't think he was ready for big minutes. Period. Hes not starting a rookie or taking away major minutes from Bird, McHale and Ainge. Just like Bill said JE11 wasn't playing ahead of Welker. If Red wanted Reggie to play he would have played. I'll go with KC and Red's assessment of the player before yours. He played in 5/8s of the games. The said he was ready in Y2 and he did great.

You have got to be kidding me. Early implies first few years. Early is not a single year. Was Tom Brady buried "early" in his career? He wasn't beating out Drew. He needed time. Just like Reggie. You screwed up.

DJ and Ray is a valid debate. I thought about it more and revised my assessment. Of course DJ is a better all-around player. Ray is a better shooter. I stated that in many posts. You take Ray for 82 games and DJ in a Game 7.

I appreciate your love for Reggie but you are over the top in your defense of him and now to improve your position belittling my assessment of him and past players. Stop it.
it's the exact opposite. you undervalue Reggie Lewis and ignore the fact the guy died very early in his career. don't tell me what early implies. I'm the one who wrote it. why kc did or didn't play Reggie is irrelevant. the fact is Reggie sat his rookie year thus slowing his development. 27 years old for Reggie was very early for his development. he was not yet is his prime IMO. not all players reach their full potential at age 27. the fact that you had to change your mind on DJ is ridiculous. it should have been obvious to somebody who watched the Celtics in the 80s. it isn't a valid debate

Last edited:
I was driving home an hour ago and was listening to NBA Radio on Sirius/XM,
and heard that Danny was allegedly offering the Lakers/Kings pick, either the
2019 Clippers or 2019 Grizzlies pick, Jay Crowder and either Bradley or Zeller
for…one year of Paul George.

If true, then ownership must fire his stupid ass immediately.

Lol.

I'd definitely consider it for one year of PG with Hayward. Hell you might be able to sway him to sign an extension after that year. I'd do it in a heart beat if you are getting a PG extension.

You get to acquire GH/PG while keeping IT/Brown/Tatum/'18 Brooklyn.

We'll have a team that can definitely beat Cleveland and go to the finals while retaining your future core (the Brooklyn picks) who are growing up in a winning organization.

You should probably stick to football if this is your analysis of the situation.

Adding Hayward and George makes this a team who can beat Cleveland. Add Brown, Tatum and likely another top 4 pick next year and this team is poised to beat GS in the not so distant future.

Why would Paul George leave the team? Don't you think Danny will only make this trade with some assurances he is willing to stay?

Danny wouldn't deserve to be fired. He would deserve a statue.

actually, the rumor is George was going to sign a three-year extension as part of that deal. they have been talking about it all day on 98.5. also, the Celtics won't make the George deal unless they get Hayward or Griffin first. if this is true they should give Danny a raise.
Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) | Twitter
Sources: Celtics working to land both Gordon Hayward and Paul George

Last edited:
IF George agrees to an extension, then Maybe the trade is a good one;
without an extension, then the trade is a disastrous one.

BTW, no mention of George's possible agreement on any extension was mentioned.

they have been talking about it all day long 98.5 listening to it as we speak.

You are asking the impossible. Emotion is the starting point for all human activity, and shapes everything we do. There's no such thing as an emotion-less assessment of anything.

Calm down. :D

Key word "allegedly"

it's the exact opposite. you undervalue Reggie Lewis and ignore the fact the guy died very early in his career. don't tell me what early implies. I'm the one who wrote it. why kc did or didn't play Reggie is irrelevant. the fact is Reggie sat his rookie year thus slowing his development. 27 years old for Reggie was very early for his development. he was not yet is his prime IMO. not all players reach their full potential at age 27. the fact that you had to change your mind on DJ is ridiculous. it should have been obvious to anybody who watched the Celtics in the 80s. it isn't a valid debate

You are a bigger Green Teamer than I am.

Danny has done this before. He's not giving up all that for a rental

KG had two years left on his deal w MN and as part of the trade he agreed to a 3 year extension on top of the two remaining.

Ideally I hope PG agrees to a 4 year extension. I'd be ok with 3.

Last edited:
The last thing I worried about is PG. This isn't some backroom deal. This is very public and everyone will have assurances/insurance before anything happens.

Also PG13 grew upna Clippers fan. Not LaL.

He wants to win and would be more than happy to win here if the situation presents itself.

Hayward, PG13 added here might be the best team in East.

Worse case were legit contenders and fall to Cleve in 7

Best case we beat Cleve and a strong gust of wind knocks KD out when we face GSW.

Think of them playing against each other.

Ewing would drop 30 and 15 on Garnett every time. So would Bill Walton, and he could take him in the post of away from the basket. Moses Malone, same thing.

Kevin Garnett was a fantastic player, lock hall-of-famer, probably one of the three or four best centers the Celtics have had.

But you clearly didn't see/don't remember Ewing, Malone and Walton. Those are all-timers. The abuse Ewing would put on Garnett on both ends of the floor wouldn't even be fair.

I saw all three, remember all three, and also I comsider length of career an achievement. Which Walton did not have. Garnett also had a longer and better career than did Ewing. Malone, I may have to reconsider as he was a monster for a long time. Now if the discussion is about who was best on their best day, to me that's a different discussion. Also, Garnett went 20-10 on average for 8 years in a row, while Walton never averaged 20 ppg in any year. I honestly don't see how that fact can reasonably be refuted in determining who played better.

I saw all three, remember all three, and also I comsider length of career an achievement. Which Walton did not have. Garnett also had a longer and better career than did Ewing. Malone, I may have to reconsider as he was a monster for a long time. Now if the discussion is about who was best on their best day, to me that's a different discussion. Also, Garnett went 20-10 on average for 8 years in a row, while Walton never averaged 20 ppg in any year. I honestly don't see how that fact can reasonably be refuted in determining who played better.
Who was a better player and who had a better career are 2 different questions.
Walton was one of the best basketball players who ever lived. Top 15 without question but his cumulative nba career wasn't in the top 200 because of injuries.

Am I alone in enjoying the irony that the Lakers draft pick might prevent Paul George from ever becoming a Laker?
Sure, George will have his say regarding his future….but the reality at hand is that the Lakers' cupboard is quite bare.

Nope. It is the primary human mental activity and is what energizes and enables all "rational" thought.

I know where you are going with this and I respect it. But for some people it is very easy to make a decision on something based on sheer math and analytics.

To you point, there may be an emotion (love, sadness, greed, etc) that led them to a required decision

Am I alone in enjoying the irony that the Lakers draft pick might prevent Paul George from ever becoming a Laker?
Sure, George will have his say regarding his future….but the reality at hand is that the Lakers' cupboard is quite bare.
He'll just become a Faker one year from now.

Clippers traded CP3 to the Rockets, now the Clippers will fall apart and go back to the basement of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back