PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Celtics to trade #1 overall pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clippers traded CP3 to the Rockets, now the Clippers will fall apart and go back to the basement of the league.
Interesting! Wonder what that means for the Clips and Blake. Do they let him go off as a FA and begin a hardcore rebuild?

Now I am hearing that the Celtics need to trade 2 out of these 3 players. Tatum, Brown, or someone else and I think a pick too... for Paul George. Some guy on the radio said its about money concerns. There is a lot of BS flying around right now but there is no way I am mortaging the future for 1 potential year of PG. If he agree's to an extension then yeah I might get on board with that.

Clippers traded CP3 to the Rockets, now the Clippers will fall apart and go back to the basement of the league.
And don't we have their 2019 1st-rounder?

Now I am hearing that the Celtics need to trade 2 out of these 3 players. Tatum, Brown, or someone else and I think a pick too... for Paul George. Some guy on the radio said its about money concerns. There is a lot of BS flying around right now but there is no way I am mortaging the future for 1 potential year of PG. If he agree's to an extension then yeah I might get on board with that.
Well, Tatum and Brown are two of the lowest cost players. Don't believe every idiot you here on the radio.

And don't we have their 2019 1st-rounder?
Pretty well protected though. I forget exactly what the protections are. I know it goes two years, second year with less protection, and if it hadn't conveyed, then it becomes two 2d rounders.

Paul George to OKC

its Gordon Hayward or bust. blake griffen stays with the clippers. im glad they didnt do the one year rental. they have to get hayward.

Last edited:
If OKC didn't get George to extend, they got f#####.

If OKC didn't get George to extend, they got f#####.
They gave up an awful contract in Oladipo and a young but so far underperforming Sabonis.

A one year rental, but they gave up no draft picks and two boxes of crayons. And it was not the box of 64 with the built-in sharpener.

Last edited:
Thought this was funny.

Trader Danny strikes AGAIN....NOT!! :D I take joy in watching the most limp wrist fanbase in New England explain it away yet again. Too funny!
Weak league - weak fans. Couldn't pay me to attend an NBA game.

I AM READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!!! This NFL season cannot start fast enough for me

Big relief George is off the market …preventing Ainge from making a desperate move.
George is now out of the East….win
Indiana is in rebuild…..win
Atlanta has thrown in the towel…..win
Cleveland is struggling to improve and their clock is ticking…..not a win….YET
In the meantime, the best young superstars are taking the supermax deals limiting free agent flow…limiting teams from drastically improving overnight. Few/no teams have a better Plan B than the Celtics. Stay the course….add when you can…incremental improvement while the rest of the East takes steps backwards (except Philly).

Trader Danny strikes AGAIN....NOT!! :D I take joy in watching the most limp wrist fanbase in New England explain it away yet again. Too funny!
Weak league - weak fans. Couldn't pay me to attend an NBA game.

I AM READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!!! This NFL season cannot start fast enough for me
GFY. And don't worry, no one's going to offer you money to attend. We wouldn't want your smelly ass to stink up the arena. Oh, and no one gives a f### what you think about anything, including the NBA. Have a nice holiday.

Big relief George is off the market …preventing Ainge from making a desperate move.
Sounds like Danny offered multiple 1sts. The only thing that adequately explains what went down is IND just didn't want PG in the East. Either that or they're vastly overrating what they got back.

Few/no teams have a better Plan B than the Celtics. Stay the course….add when you can…incremental improvement while the rest of the East takes steps backwards (except Philly).
I agree, I'm glad Danny wasn't able to pull off the desperation move, and am happy with Plan B. Next year's draft is going to be great, and it's going to be pivotal given that the odds of Lebron being on the move are high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back