PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Cavs vs. Warriors (Who Wins the NBA Finals?)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who Wins the NBA Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 28 26.2%
  • Warriors

Votes: 79 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd agree with that, yeah. It makes sense that LeBron shoots a higher percentage overall since he's always favored going to the rim (and at his size, why wouldn't he?). I'd definitely take Kobe's midrange game over LeBron's.

Which is why I'm so surprised that LeBron is a markedly better 3 pt. shooter in a similar number of attempts over their prime years.

At 6-8 LBJ gets better looks Plus the guy is a good shooter. . Kobe is a pure jump shooter. Not conducive to 3pt accuracy. Kobe was all about quantity over quality.

Ridiculous rationalization.

It's really beside the point, but if you look at it fairly, you can see that Anderson calls for the ball with both hands and is wide open. Looks like Lebron sees that out of the corner of his eye and goes for the steal, then tries to look cool when the pass doesn't come. I am really not trying to troll you. Based on this 3 second clip, I really think it is more likely he is trying to break up the pass to Anderson than simply dogging it in a close game.

Malone played at/around 256. It was something of an obsession of his, to the point that even to this day he prides himself on maintaining that weight. You can read more about his training regimen here, the guy was an absolute freak about minimizing body fat and maintaining a weight at/around 256: Karl Malone shares his training secrets. here's another article just 3 years ago detailing how he still somehow manages to maintain that weight: Utah Jazz legend Karl Malone going strong at 50 years old

Clearly, he had bigger biceps than LeBron, but that doesn't change the fact that they play/played at similar weights.

visibly malone just looks so much beefier to me. but maybe it's the weight distribution. for ex. andre drummond is 280+ and it's all lower body. massive bun bun. lol

I got nothing for sources. Just going by memory. The deal is that Larry's height coming out of ISU was 6-9 1/2. Bob Woolf suggested he be listed at 6-10 (more $$) but Larry didn't want to be matched up with bigger players and wanted to be a "small forward" so he was insistent on being listed at 6-9. With Malone, I went to a Celts/Jazz game in 87 and they were standing next to each other and were exactly the same height with Karl a smidge taller. I was near the court. With that said there is no way in hell Magic was 6-9. Hes a lot more like 6-7 or 6-8. Its always annoyed me that they did that. Larry is around 6-7 now with the xtra pounds and the disks and bone they've pulled out of his back. Oh, and Karl being 270...I read that somewhere around 1994 as he was wiped after the Olympics and in 1993 he thought he was too skinny so he really beefed up to be stronger but he probably did what I mentioned and dropped the weight and stayed around 250/260

larry is definitely taller. but larry had ridiculously long head.

4840a_lg.jpeg

Magic+Johnson+Larry+Bird+David+Stern.jpg

larryandmagic_custom-52a8eb610f92fa367812fa2125e9abee9d7191db-s300-c85.jpg

Magic_Bird.jpg

Magic_20Bird_203.png

damn i miss these 2 legends.

Last edited:
oh by the way bron was on that no carb diet. maybe he was as big as malone at one point as a heat, but right now he is much leaner.

lebron-skinny.jpg

oh by the way bron was on that no carb diet. maybe he was as big as malone at one point as a heat, but right now he is much leaner.

lebron-skinny.jpg

Yeah, he's dropped at least 15 pounds since 2013. He was rumored to be around 270 then, down around 250 now.

We will never see anything like that ever again.

yeah, we will never see anything like that. larry and magic complete each other. what a beautiful rivalry.

i do hope KD joins warriors and maybe recreate something similar. KD vs. bron could be a nice matchup. along with kyrie vs. curry.

i know i want us to get to the finals, but just don't see it happening anytime soon. as long as bron is there and playing well, i doubt we will ever beat them in the playoffs unless of course we land a guy like KD and boost our bench.

Yeah, in the '92 Olympics they both were measured at 6'7: BARCELONA: BASKETBALL; Dream Team Reaching New Heights

i know nba exaggerates height, but that's very strange listing.

344151.jpg

i always thought larry was 6ft 9, kevin was 6ft 10, and parish was 6ft 11 barefoot.

if larry was really 6ft 7 barefoot then that would make our team look like a small ball team. in today's nba. i do think both larry and kevin lost an inch or two right now. both have horrible posture right now especially kevin.

damn, digging up these old images make me sad.

bird1.jpg

here is a picture with hibbert. i don't know hibbert's exact measurement. he is listed at 7ft 2 which i don't buy, but i do think he is at least 7ft even barefoot

with reggie. not the best angle though
indiana-pacers-head-coach-larry-bird-talks-with-his-star-player-a-picture-id51548817

If larry played in today's nba i think he may even be listed at 6ft 11. today's basketball shoes definitely has at least 1/2 inches on those converse bball shoes too.

oladofaezwt3zwwbqmur.jpg

today's players has it easy. i play in the rec league, and footwear is so damn important. today's shoes stick to the floor like a glue and has much much better cushioning. those old school converse is blisters waiting to happen. just looking at it makes my foot hurt. ouch.

yeah, we will never see anything like that. larry and magic complete each other. what a beautiful rivalry.

i do hope KD joins warriors and maybe recreate something similar. KD vs. bron could be a nice matchup. along with kyrie vs. curry.

i know i want us to get to the finals, but just don't see it happening anytime soon. as long as bron is there and playing well, i doubt we will ever beat them in the playoffs unless of course we land a guy like KD and boost our bench.

I want Jimmy Butler. That will be a nice start. Get two bigs that can rebound and block some shots.

Only way they get past CLE is to make coming in the paint a living hell.

344151.jpg

i always thought larry was 6ft 9, kevin was 6ft 10, and parish was 6ft 11 barefoot.

if larry was really 6ft 7 barefoot then that would make our team look like a small ball team. in today's nba. i do think both larry and kevin lost an inch or two right now. both have horrible posture right now especially kevin.

FWIW. I go by Larry 6-9 1/2, Kevin 6-10 1/4 and Robert 7 1/4

The freaky thing about Mchale was his wingspan (8 ft?).

Top 15 Most Impressive Wingspans In NBA History
2. Kevin McHale

Kevin McHale was one of the best players of the 1980’s. Along with Larry Bird, and Robert Parish, McHale formed the most dominant front line in NBA history. In his own right McHale was one of the league’s great. Charles Barkley has been quoted saying McHale was the best player he ever played against. McHale stood 6’10 and was reported to have a colossal wingspan that stretched to 8’0. That would have been a 17% increase on his height. One report claims McHale could tie his shoes without having to bend over. McHale is known as one of the best post players in NBA history due to his great footwork and arsenal of moves. Former NBA coach Hubie Brown had this to say about McHale: “He was totally unstoppable because of his quickness, diversification of moves and the long arms that gave him an angle to release the ball over a taller man or more explosive jumper.” Kevin McHale has gone down as one of the 50 best NBA players of all time, and is probably the best example in NBA history of how length can be used to dominate on both ends of the court.

I want Jimmy Butler. That will be a nice start. Get two bigs that can rebound and block some shots.

Only way they get past CLE is to make coming in the paint a living hell.

meh! I can't help but feel that people are over-rating the heck out of Butler. He's a nice player but c'mon!

Brown or Bender at #3 is probably our best move (without know what trades have been actually been offered).

I'd like to see them take a shot at Thon Maker later in the draft.

I don't want Bender. Project at best. I keep hearing the number 3 for noel? Does noel have any offensive game? I am hoping for buddy hield at number 3

meh! I can't help but feel that people are over-rating the heck out of Butler. He's a nice player but c'mon!

Brown or Bender at #3 is probably our best move (without know what trades have been actually been offered).

I'd like to see them take a shot at Thon Maker later in the draft.

I have no illusions of Butler being great. Hes a 20/5/5/2 guy and that is ok with me.

My issue is that I have zero faith in Thomas being the go to guy. Butler is a fine 2nd option and a pretty decent defender.

They still need a rim protector and two more decent rebounders.

They still need THE guy but at least they have enough to win 50+ games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots