PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Cavs vs. Warriors (Who Wins the NBA Finals?)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who Wins the NBA Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 28 26.2%
  • Warriors

Votes: 79 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
2008 Celtics were one of the best defensive teams of the last 20 years and they played in the most games in postseason history. Spare me your ********.

i would say 08 celtics are behind 96 bulls and 04 pistons as far as defense goes.

I'd say the last 3 fouls on Curry were pretty bad. The first 3, however, were correct calls. I don't understand how someone can complain about not drawing a charge when not even half of your body is in front of the guy with the ball and your feet are moving. He turned into a ***** after that. He needs to man up if the Warriors are going to win Sunday night.

My question - with as many wins as they had during the regular season and with being up 3-1 in the Finals, if the Warriors lose is this the most epic choke job of all time?

It would be on the list. But, I don't think it can be #1 given the cojones they showed against OKC. As one example, the Heat choke job in 2011 will be hard to beat.

tommy supports curry and his ugly shoes. curry is cool in my book!
tom-brady-steph-curry-sneakers_ypedna.jpg

Maybe the tinfoil was obscuring your vision, but this entire thread is about whether there is a LEAGUE CONSPIRACY to EXTEND SERIES. What on earth does the information you have quoted above--which deals with one INDIVIDUAL REFEREE betting on games he was working to enrich himself--have to do with the topic at hand?

You mean that moronic rant wasn't on point? Shocker.

Wait, who said this Warriors team won't be remembered as anything special win or lose tomorrow?

That's absolutely absurd

Wait, who said this Warriors team won't be remembered as anything special win or lose tomorrow?

That's absolutely absurd
They will be because they broke the win record. Unfortunately, should they lose, they'll also be talked about as the greatest chokers in NBA history.

No one will care about them if they lose.

Win or lose, this Warrior team won't be remembered as anything special. They didn't dominate at all during the postseason. This was their peak. Their absolute best they have to offer and they have been nothing but vulnerable. The 2001 Lakers made their mark as a historic team. 15-1 and 8-0 on the road. People are still talking about that team 15 years and counting despite them winning 56 regular season games. You know why? Because they dominated the postseason where it gets much tougher and they went unbeaten on the road where that is the toughest to win.

They definitely limped to the finish line (assuming they win tomorrow) but you can't deny they got a bit screwed out of their rhythm with Curry's injury (he's had like 3 or 4 notable ones. Probably needs surgery after the season), the Draymond suspension which changed the Finals series IMO, and even Bogut's injury now (they're already pretty weak at C). Iguodala's back injury made him useless last game and might affect his play in game 7 as well (borderline MVP of Warriors for the Finals so far).

Last edited:
Is it possible for both of these dip####. teams to lose? I can't stomach either one of them.

Today feels like the closest one of the other three major sports has come to a Super Bowl Sunday.

I'm pretty okay with either side winning but I'd prefer to see the Dubs win. Interesting to see if LeBron would win MVP if Warriors win without a dominant performance by Steph. Thatd be the worst thing ever to happen to a dude, to have to come out to get the trophy with the yellow and blue confetti falling.

Today feels like the closest one of the other three major sports has come to a Super Bowl Sunday.

yeah big day for nba fans. no matter which team wins, a huge story comes out of it. golden state could be starting a dynasty or lebron as a big underdog brings cleveland fans their first championship in forever

Listening to sports talk radio and it seems the Warriors, Curry, Thompson, and especially Green have already become the villains. I posted a thread months ago in the Celts forum wondering when Curry would become hated as success usually brings contempt these days. Looks like it's already happening.

As for the game? The Warriors are going to have to regain their stroke from downtown to win this one. Otherwise, this is Cleveland's series. Things to watch in this game are how they use Love in the low post and whether or not he'll have any effect at all on top of how much Irving's and Iggy's injuries limit them. Also how involved the refs will be. Basketball is the only major sport that I've seen where the zebras, for whatever reason, become MORE involved in deciding championship games.

Listening to sports talk radio and it seems the Warriors, Curry, Thompson, and especially Green have already become the villains. I posted a thread months ago in the Celts forum wondering when Curry would become hated as success usually brings contempt these days. Looks like it's already happening.

As for the game? The Warriors are going to have to regain their stroke from downtown to win this one. Otherwise, this is Cleveland's series. Things to watch in this game are how they use Love in the low post and whether or not he'll have any effect at all on top of how much Irving's and Iggy's injuries limit them. Also how involved the refs will be. Basketball is the only major sport that I've seen where the zebras, for whatever reason, become MORE involved in deciding championship games.

All the game 7s I can remember featured hands-off officiating. The two most prominent in my memory being Lakers-Celtics 2009 and OKC-GSW this year. They usually let them play.

Something else to watch: do the people of Cleveland riot if the Cavs win?

All the game 7s I can remember featured hands-off officiating. The two most prominent in my memory being Lakers-Celtics 2009 and OKC-GSW this year. They usually let them play.

OKC-GS was pretty well officiated, but was not a Finals game. I'm not sure what you remember about C's-Lakers but the officiating throughout that entire series was horrific.

Something about Dubs fans have grown to annoy me, that boring chant is just so arrogant. I had hoped if Warriors had lost on the road (and I want the Warriors to win it all with the best record) that the opposing fans do the boring chant in the final seconds.

Something about Dubs fans have grown to annoy me, that boring chant is just so arrogant. I had hoped if Warriors had lost on the road (and I want the Warriors to win it all with the best record) that the opposing fans do the boring chant in the final seconds.

If you're referring to what I think you are, I agree and never really understood the whole "WAAARRIOORRRSS" chant the home crowd does. Seems like something almost exclusively done to mock/taunt an opposing team or player. I was shocked to find out they were actually saying "Warriors" and it was a positive thing.

If you're referring to what I think you are, I agree and never really understood the whole "WAAARRIOORRRSS" chant the home crowd does. Seems like something almost exclusively done to mock/taunt an opposing team or player. I was shocked to find out they were actually saying "Warriors" and it was a positive thing.
That's a different one and I hate that one too because they are basically heckling their own team lol. But at the end of blowouts they do a boring chant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes